Notices

churches dyna pack vs raceline dyno jet. My results 60 less hp on the dyno jet

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 11:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default churches dyna pack vs raceline dyno jet. My results 60 less hp on the dyno jet

Church automotive testing here in so cal(Wilmington, ca) tuned my s2000. The car runs great but I just wanted to see what the car would do on a dyno jet. Churches dyno pack is always known to read higher than normal. My s2000 was tuned by Shawn church and made 385whp on his dyna pack. I ran the car today at Raceline in Temple City,CA with their dynojet and the car only dynode at 326whp. That's a whooping 60hp less!.

My car has been boosted for over 15,000miles. I have 0 problems with the car or the tune. My wide band shows about 14-15 on idel and low 11"s when in boost. But at the dynojet at race line, their wideband is showing 13.5 almost 14 to 1 air fuel in boost. Is this even possible? If that was true should the engine just blow up?

386whp at churches

326whp at raceline

pic of the engine bay
Old 11-15-2012, 05:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: churches dyna pack vs raceline dyno jet. My results 60 less hp on the dyno jet

Your Tq is considerably lower as well. That would explain the 500whp on a 50 trim at 17psi. 440 sounds more realistic
Old 11-15-2012, 05:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 95 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Re: churches dyna pack vs raceline dyno jet. My results 60 less hp on the dyno jet

why so choppy. looks like it needs smoothing
Old 11-15-2012, 11:15 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Different Dynos, give different readings.. We have dynojets, mustang dynos, and dynapacks configured to read like Mustang dynos.

You're fine. Don't stress. Its all just about the math that's used to calculate HP in the end. You should try not to get hung up on such trivial things.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:00 PM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

Originally Posted by TheShodan

You're fine. Don't stress. Its all just about the math that's used to calculate HP in the end. You should try not to get hung up on such trivial things.
That's exactly what my tuner told me
Old 11-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's been too long in between your runs... Something in your car has changed over time, because of how your air/fuel ratio has changed as well. Minor exhaust leak? Old plugs? That will also make the AFR read leaner, but not inside the actual engine.

Maybe you should actually double check everything and making sure the car runs well in general. I see cars recovering lots of power from a good tune-up.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Keyboard Humorist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't touch anything and take it back to church's and make sure your numbers are the same as when he tuned it.
Then you will know for certain if it's your car or the dyno.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:13 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony the Tiger
It's been too long in between your runs... Something in your car has changed over time, because of how your air/fuel ratio has changed as well. Minor exhaust leak? Old plugs? That will also make the AFR read leaner, but not inside the actual engine.

Maybe you should actually double check everything and making sure the car runs well in general. I see cars recovering lots of power from a good tune-up.
hmm. good point. My first response was based upon the notion that I'm just sick of all these freakin' dick measuring contests under the guise of dyno comparisons
Old 11-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Tony the Tiger

x2

Valve adjustment as well

I tuned my car at church then hit prostreet the next day the loss was 18hp. this was back in 05
Old 11-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Church Automotive Testing is hands down the best shop in SO Cal. Been taking my car there from day one. Shawn/Daniel & Todd are all good guy. Shawn tunes his cars like they are his own. When I leave there i dont even think about taking it else where just to double check. If you dont have faith in your tuner then stay home.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Track Advocate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gs1gsr
Church Automotive Testing is hands down the best shop in SO Cal. Been taking my car there from day one. Shawn/Daniel & Todd are all good guy. Shawn tunes his cars like they are his own. When I leave there i dont even think about taking it else where just to double check. If you dont have faith in your tuner then stay home.
good for you but not helpful at all

i concur with 4drEF and Tony the Tiger. do a tune-up and take it back the original dyno to see if the numbers are close to the same
Old 11-18-2012, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What ever floats your boat I guess