Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Honda and Acura Technical Forums > Forced Induction
Reload this Page >

Chubludc2 needs to know - What to change and what has to go-B18C1 Turbo Project

Chubludc2 needs to know - What to change and what has to go-B18C1 Turbo Project

Old 01-29-2019, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Chubludc2 needs to know - What to change and what has to go-B18C1 Turbo Project

Hello, I have a 2001 Acura integra GS-R, I've had the car for some time now and decided I definitely want to boost it, this is my first ever build so I'm a lil lost about some of the water hoses that are orginally on the motor for it being stock, I'll post some pictures so you can see what I'm talking about, please forgive me if my info is terrible but I'll be willing to answer anything or post more pictures please just let me know and thank you.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default re: Chubludc2 needs to know - What to change and what has to go-B18C1 Turbo Project

There are many forms of turbo charging a car, some people do it the cheapest way possible but that seems to always require maintenance and failure and others will spend the extra money to do things the correct way with quality parts and have better/longer lasting results...... What type person are you? This will help people recommend what you need to get going with your project
Old 01-29-2019, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default re: Chubludc2 needs to know - What to change and what has to go-B18C1 Turbo Project

I have a list of parts, I'm pretty well invested, and I'm still purchasing parts lol the list will be longer then this soon enough

-skunk2 ultra street intake manifold (stage 1)
-skunk2 70mm alpha series throttle body
-57mm Borg Warner t4 turbo
-speedfactory top mount turbo manifold
-1000cc ID injectors
-chipped p28 on chrome
-skunk2 composite fuel rail
-aeromotive fuel regulator
-4bar map sensor
-g-plus oil cooler kit
-intercooler (with pipping)
-grams oil filled fuel gauge
-AEM 320lph fuel pump
-AEM high flow fuel filter
-ATI super damper
-skunk2 half core radiator

Old 01-29-2019, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Chubludc2 View Post
Hello, I have a 2001 Acura integra GS-R, I've had the car for some time now and decided I definitely want to boost it, this is my first ever build so I'm a lil lost about some of the water hoses that are orginally on the motor for it being stock, I'll post some pictures so you can see what I'm talking about, please forgive me if my info is terrible but I'll be willing to answer anything or post more pictures please just let me know and thank you.
ĎI miss read your post a little, but your list of parts looks like a very solid start
Old 01-29-2019, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah it's taken me a bit to get them but slowly but surely lol I also taken the liberty to upgrade my fuel to a -6an fuel line.
Old 01-30-2019, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Chubludc2 needs to know - What to change and what has to go-B18C1 Turbo Project

What are your goals for power? From your list, I'm guessing somewhere around 500 hp
Old 01-30-2019, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Chubludc2 needs to know - What to change and what has to go-B18C1 Turbo Project

Yes 500hp fingers crossed, I also was talking to a local mechanic, and referred this shop to me. https://cylindersupportsystem.com

He also mentioned buying double double valve springs and titanium retainers, and CP pistons, acl bearings, piston rods ARP main studs, and basicly ARP everything, so I'm in the process of tearing down the motor at the moment. So that's basically why I'm asking the questions of what do I do with some of these oil and water lines and so on and so forth, and also getting a hondata-s300-v3, and not entirely sure of a clutch and flywheel. The mechanic also mentioned cams and cam gears, so any further information is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Chubludc2 View Post
Yes 500hp fingers crossed, I also was talking to a local mechanic, and referred this shop to me. https://cylindersupportsystem.com

He also mentioned buying double double valve springs and titanium retainers, and CP pistons, acl bearings, piston rods ARP main studs, and basicly ARP everything, so I'm in the process of tearing down the motor at the moment. So that's basically why I'm asking the questions of what do I do with some of these oil and water lines and so on and so forth, and also getting a hondata-s300-v3, and not entirely sure of a clutch and flywheel. The mechanic also mentioned cams and cam gears, so any further information is greatly appreciated.
im hoping to have my block back from CSS within the week, they do amazing work and the block should have no problems holding the power you want. Iím in the process of doing probably everything your asking about, have you went through my topic? ( making my return to the fold ) Iíve been asking question and getting answers for 4 months straight, my topic might help you get started
Old 01-31-2019, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by turboLScrx View Post

im hoping to have my block back from CSS within the week, they do amazing work and the block should have no problems holding the power you want. Iím in the process of doing probably everything your asking about, have you went through my topic? ( making my return to the fold ) Iíve been asking question and getting answers for 4 months straight, my topic might help you get started
yeah I was told about them (css) and I've been checking them out and I'm liking what I see they have fast cars out there and they got a great price, and I'll also look into your thread see what I can learn from it thank you

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: