Notices

Check out my turbo civic. 56k... best get a magazine and a cup -o- joe

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check out my turbo civic. 56k... best get a magazine and a cup -o- joe

well, I am just about finished with my car for this year. I thought I would share it with everyone on H-T. Here is the story; a success one at that.

Well over a year ago, I bought a 94 honda civic dx with a blown d15 for $900. This is when I took part in my first engine swap and installed a 95 civic si d16z6 motor into the dx. I was thrilled with the results and immediately fell in love with hondas. From that day, i knew this project was going to blow out of proportion.

Here is the car in a pittifull state less than a year ago. Both front fenders and part of the hood were damaged in a traffic accident. I was not found at fault, so somehow made $1200 off the deal.

With that $1200 and many preceeding paychecks, I decided to buy a more suitable power-plant for my moddest civic. At this point, i was driving around with no reverse for roughly 7 months through the cold winter, but I was still in love with the car.

This is cleaner than it will ever be...

Swap took about 5 days due to a miss-match of parts.

SO CLEAN!

Well, I drove this beast around for about 4 months now. I then started to build a turbo kit. I bought most of my part right here on honda-tech, new and used. Dont be suprised if you see something you used to own, lol.

I wanted a top-mount SOO bad, and finally found one I can afford right here on H-T. It is migged, but works great and looks awesome.

I just recently got everything in my car, waxxed it, bought some nice wheels, and snapped some pictures. Here is the result of all of my hard work and $$$.

An inside shot. Notice the sleeper black-out boost gauge kept down low in the jdm center console.

Here's the Honda-tech $$ shot

well, my set up:

b18b1/gsr trans
t3/to4e .57/.63
topmount/ downpipe assembly
tial 38mm wastegate
blitz BOV
spearco 32" X 12 X 3.5" FMIC
rc 550's
2.5 charge pipes
PLX m300
I am running chrome. Not yet tuned. Will post some results and hopefully some track times depending on my school schedual.

Thanks for looking. I owe a lot of thanks to this site. Sooo many people on this H-T have helped me with this project so far, and most likely will in the future. I bought almost everything from the H-T classifieds without one problem (wish I could say the same for ebay...) Any advice or comments are welcome.

Modified by Jwbetley at 8:56 PM 12/29/2005
Old 08-17-2005, 07:59 AM

awesome.

to hard work finally paying off.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lookin' good, that wrinkle paint on the vc is a pain in the ***, isn't it..I ended up doing mine in black because the red didn't turn out. Nice project though, looking forward to seeing some numbers.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:27 AM

very nice, completely Sleeperize it by covering the 2 charge pipe inlets.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

good job man congrats!
Old 08-17-2005, 08:32 AM

Default Re: (88crxhfb16)

I would watch out for that vac. line running to the wastegate thats running over the compressor. might get hot and burn a hole! But awsome improvment. Man on a mission
Old 08-17-2005, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boondock Saint)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boondock Saint &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lookin' good, that wrinkle paint on the vc is a pain in the ***, isn't it..I ended up doing mine in black because the red didn't turn out. Nice project though, looking forward to seeing some numbers.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea it was a bitch. The wrinkles start to apear after you apply more coats while the paint is semi-dry. I put mine in the cold celler which helped aswell. But yea, i had to re-paint a few areas but it turned out really nice. I like how it is fading a little and almost looks type-r stock-ish.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 88crxhfb16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">very nice, completely Sleeperize it by covering the 2 charge pipe inlets. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh, i know. Just dont know how. I cant have a big bubble of mesh coming out of my bumper...
Old 08-17-2005, 08:54 AM

Default Re: (Jwbetley)

good to see u kept ur cool short rams and used it for it, for what it was ment to be used for, a filter on a turbo
Old 08-17-2005, 09:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice mass rejection sticker....besides that nice clean car...
Old 08-17-2005, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tuoniz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tuoniz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good job man congrats! </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-17-2005, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (drumking15)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drumking15 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nice mass rejection sticker....besides that nice clean car...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am tired of failing inspection. I failed 3 times and went through hundreds of dollars in trying to get this thing to pass. I give up. I think my friend might get me one soon, I am praying. I keep getting pulled over on the mass pike
Old 08-17-2005, 12:58 PM

you do know...if you pay cough cough $659 to have you exhaust repaired....you can then apply for an appeal to the emissions testing...all that needs to happen is you exh needs to improve from your org. starting point...

also when tuning...make sure you shoot for a 14.7...any leaner or riched will cause you to fail....did i mention i hate gettin pulled over...

temp fixes...go to your local junkyard and scrape a sticker....works awesome on my old beaters because when the cop asks why its not a valid inspection sticker....sure officer its a junkyard replacement windshield....if you get the sticker off the same make...sometimes they wont even catch it...

im assuming you failed for emissions...if you fail for safety theyll bag you all day...emissions you have 60days for it to get better...i myself only drive my car for a few months during the summer so...
Old 08-17-2005, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I failed saftey twice. Look at the first picture, that has the RED rejection. My new one is black because I failed emmission. I drove a whole year with the red "R" until a statey saw me cruising on the mass pike. He asked, "what did you fail inspection for?" I said "windsheild.."

In reality, i left the inspection with a paper which circled the follwoing : Wheel bearing, windsheild (was broken at the time), exhaust hangers, no reverse, broken corner light, widsheild wiper squirters, rear brakelight, bad tie rod end..or whetever the steering one is called, and it was too low in the front (baught the car slammed in front). It hit rock bottom the day my tires got slashed at school It's happy again though.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks good
Old 08-17-2005, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looking good! I guess the top mounts are finnally hitting NE.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (N20civicB18)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by N20civicB18 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">looking good! I guess the top mounts are finnally hitting NE. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont see many top-mounts at all in NE. In fact, i dont see any custom manifolds. Only ssa-crap everywhere I go. If I were in cali, my car wouldn't be ****, but here in the ******* of massachusetts, people are like "WTF, thats crazy!"
Old 08-17-2005, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Check out my turbo civic. 56k... best get a magazine and a cup -o- joe (Jwbetley)

awsome man!! get some numbers
Old 08-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Check out my turbo civic. 56k... best get a magazine and a cup -o- joe (m R g S r)

nice job man, I remember seeing your post about doing ur LS swap
Old 08-17-2005, 11:23 PM

Default Re: Check out my turbo civic. 56k... best get a magazine and a cup -o- joe (LShatchie)

Looks good man
Old 08-18-2005, 02:57 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jwbetley &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">"WTF, thats crazy!"</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahah thats what most of my friends say that dont know honda's....best one yet after taking some people for rides....what this got....a v8 or something...nope 4banger...w/ a big turbo...

not to mention mine is a/w intercooled so everyone is like where's the big shiny thing in the front...im like...im a cool kid and dont need one...right now im running a ramhorn like everyone else and their brother...but ill be fab'n up my own custom sidewinder this winter my 3' of charge piping is to long...im shooting for less than 12" of charge piping...and possibly a 4" dp w/ a cutout...will help spool my large hx35....but topmounts are sexy def get my approval
Old 08-20-2005, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks. I am proud of myself. I get a lot of comments on the car. I really want to get this tuned SOON. The temptation to go full throttle... well, even in a little boost feels like a video game, but patience will really bring some thrills. I am anxious to bring it to the track. I am going to run it ODP, 10 psi on 116 with azeni's, hopefully i can get some good #'s,