Notices

Check out my set-up, It's a little diff from the common HT turbo.

Old 12-09-2003, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check out my set-up, It's a little diff from the common HT turbo.

First of the block, It's a 84.5mm B18a with Darton sleeves installed by a local machine shop. Hopefully they wont sink or some ****. Anyway, the bore is 84.5mm because the sleeves were at 84mm when they were installed. I'm going to 84.5mm because there is some taper on the bottom of the sleeves that needs to be cleaned off. I know that 84.5mm is a little big for turbo thats why I wont boost alot, around 16psi max. I'm hoping the clesed deck will help the sleeves strenght and I will be using an LS head. Max rpm is going to be 7.5rpm so it wont be too much stress on the motor. I alredy have a perfect LS crank which I will use with all new Honda berrings, seals Manley rods and CP 9.7.1 pistons. With a LS head, stock head gasket bored to 84.5mm and copper sprayed, it will equal to 9.5.1 compression. I'm hoping that the LS crank, pretty big bore and what seems like perfect turbo compression it will make good low end torque, spool the SC61 pretty quickly and wont fall on it's face in high rpm like the small tubros. I know that the vtec head flows better and has better after market suport and all, I just don't want to rev the **** out of the motor and keep it healthy with moderate boost and rpms yet have power with the LS stroke, 84.5mm bore and 9.5.1 compression. Would a stock head gasket seal 1bar of boost fine with the kind of sleeves I have?? Don't pay attention to the o-ring, I'm planning to get rid of it. Fuel, electronics and tunning would be up to it also.

From what I saw these sleeves are very simmilar to the Darton "mod3" sleeves. I was asking if there is enough surface are to seal the combustion area(14-16psi) with just a stock gasket and copper spray.
Let me know what you guys think, thanx.

Martin
Old 12-09-2003, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Check out my set-up, It's a little diff from the common HT turbo. (leadfoot78)

You should be fine with 84.5, assuming the deck/head are flat.
AEBS studs should be used as well.

Ben
Old 12-09-2003, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Check out my set-up, It's a little diff from the common HT turbo. (leadfoot78)

Is this gonna be street driven? Just wondering because I thought closed decks heated up fast.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Check out my set-up, It's a little diff from the common HT turbo. (yimmy)

Yes, it's going to be street driven although I don't drive alot and I have a B18c in the car right now so I do have a spare block. And I will be using AEbs studs. Oh and the ones that heated up fast were the first blocks that had hot spots, this shouldn't have a problem . More opinions please! from the serious racers on the FI forum, u know who you are.