Notices

Check out my Golden Eagle Block

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 10:40 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check out my Golden Eagle Block

This was the second time they sunk! My daughter felt the same way I do. My new Darton sleeved block should go in tomorrow and hopefully start it up with no problems. Turbo and manifold coming from Full Race in about a week or so and new #s to be posted.

Modified by Boostfed at 10:47 PM 9/8/2003
Old 07-12-2003, 10:47 PM
New User

Default Re: Check out my Golden Eagle Block (Boostfed)

I love her shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2003, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Check out my Golden Eagle Block (VaporTrail)

cute daugther.. nice shirt.. GE
Old 07-12-2003, 10:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Check out my Golden Eagle Block (eli_vang)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eli_vang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> cute daugther.. nice shirt.. GE </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-12-2003, 11:00 PM
New User

Default Re: Check out my Golden Eagle Block (tegasaurus)

Thanks! It is sad that she only visits me for the summers since her mom now lives in Texas. She didn't get to ride in my car this whole summer. I would like to get it running this weekend before she goes back ome next weekend. She asked me why the motor was out and I had to explain the sleeves sank in the block , she said that stinks, Bad Golden Eagle!
Old 07-12-2003, 11:04 PM

aw gawd!, thats some funny shtuff

Good luck on your next block mang, hopefully your daughter will get to ride in it before she goes back.
Old 07-12-2003, 11:11 PM

it really sucks how you have to have a whole YEAR of downtime because your sleeves sunk TWICE!

good luck with the darton setup
Old 07-12-2003, 11:13 PM

**** golden Eagle.....
Darton block all the way and yes your daughter owns all the other little kids
oh yea and your car is slow.....j/k
Old 07-13-2003, 01:02 AM

Default Re: (split)

id hit it! J/K LOLZ.

cant wait to see the numbers.
Old 07-13-2003, 01:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (94goldjungsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94goldjungsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">id hit it! J/K LOLZ.

cant wait to see the numbers.</TD></TR></TABLE>
What???
Old 07-13-2003, 05:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bluebullet)

That sucks, ive ran about 8 GE blocks and this one is my last. I got a deck plate motor and the deck height was so far out of whack i had to take off about 0.025 or about enough to take my oring received groove offf the sleeve. Called Ted and he said well go get the o-rings cut again. **** that man after so many blocks i feel i deserve better treatment.
Old 07-13-2003, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (94goldjungsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94goldjungsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">id hit it! J/K LOLZ.

cant wait to see the numbers.</TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah man that is pretty sick that you would even joke about it.

go get him terry.

o yeah and i cant wait till you get drunk enough to let me drive your car again.
Old 07-13-2003, 07:06 AM
New User

Default Re: (HoNdA_82D)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HoNdA_82D &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
yeah man that is pretty sick that you would even joke about it.

go get him terry.

o yeah and i cant wait till you get drunk enough to let me drive your car again. </TD></TR></TABLE>
LOL! Yeah me and Todd were talking on AIM about that, he never got to drive it either. His motor is being started prolly next week. I won't comment on that post and take it straight as a joke.
Old 07-13-2003, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostfed)

Funny stuff Terry! lol
Old 07-13-2003, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought there was some "new method" of installing the sleeves that rendered them virtually sink-proof. Do you know if your block was assembled with the new process?
Old 07-13-2003, 09:29 AM
New User

Default Re: Check out my Golden Eagle Block (CheezeFrog)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CheezeFrog &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I thought there was some "new method" of installing the sleeves that rendered them virtually sink-proof. Do you know if your block was assembled with the new process? </TD></TR></TABLE>
No my block was done last June or July and at that time they were according to GEM UNSINKEABLE! They sunk and we sent the block back in October and they said they fixed the blcok and we shouldt have any more problems at all, well they sunk again when we got it up, last time .003" below the deck. They said they never had sinking problems ever but every so often they claim they have a new process now that ensures even greater chance of having success with their blocks. There was a thread on http://www.theoldone.com that Vince basically admitted they had problems with their blocks but they were changing there process to prevent this, it got to be an ugly thread and it was completely deleted. Arturbo remembers that thread too but **poof be gone** After the second time when they sunk I just took a refund I could not afford to go through this again with them and have it happen again when I was told the 2nd time they were straight, I have a block that is unuseable but GEM will not do anything about it, I sent them a perfectly useable block it is not useable now, I have talked to ImportBuilders on how to fix the sinking sleeves since they had quite a few problems too, we may find out. GEM refused to give me a bare stock B16A and refused to fix it again after refunding my money, I know I had the choice of getting it fixed but WHY would I trust thm at all again?
Old 07-13-2003, 09:47 AM

Golden eagle is a bunch of bloody *******. Ha no seriously though you are like the 4th person ive known personally to have probs w/ their products (Block work)
Old 07-13-2003, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Check out my Golden Eagle Block (Evolution Dynamics)

Ouch, I'm glad you've shared this with everyone Terry. Im sorry its been a big pain in the *** for you.

That Picture is priceless.

.....Wondering what vince will say about this ordeal......
Old 07-13-2003, 11:02 AM
I am a bad person

Default Re: Check out my Golden Eagle Block (Evolution Dynamics)

480whp for 2 yrs,522hp for 6 months,559-650whp for 3 months and sleeves still never dropped. my Ge sleeves are almost 3 yrs old and never had a problem. we just built 2 customers blocks with ge sleeves 1 made 350 on a greddy kit, the other is just on fmu cruising around. the greddy kit customer has now upgraded to precision turbo and lookign for 500whp. we will see hwo they hold up. sorry to hear about your issues though man!!!
Old 07-13-2003, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Check out my Golden Eagle Block (Mase)

I'm not going to say anything. Opinions are like ********. Everyone has one, and everybody thinks that everyone elses stink. I truly am sorry that we could not resolve this issue in a mature manner and that you had to act younger than your daughter to post this. Oh well. Hope your new block from Darton services you well
Old 07-13-2003, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Check out my Golden Eagle Block (GoldenEagleMfg.com)

i hope everything works out for you this time around terry, although not trying to be one way or the other, i have a number of friends with GE blocks who have had nothing but good luck...
Old 07-13-2003, 03:39 PM
New User

Default Re: Check out my Golden Eagle Block (FFgeoff)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FFgeoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i hope everything works out for you this time around terry, although not trying to be one way or the other, i have a number of friends with GE blocks who have had nothing but good luck...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Any time I get PMs and people ask me about the sleeve issues, I give both the pros and cons, I do admit there are plenty of people out there running them with no problems, that is true. But there are quite a few that have had problems, I know of 20 yes 20 bad blocks from shops to individuals sendng PMs about their problems. But oh well I hope I have good luck on this block. Vince thanks for the compliment I try to stay young.
Old 07-13-2003, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry for your problems man. i havent had any probs w/ my ge block, and the others ive seen have been perfect. i back ge, **** happens, you moved on and that s the end of the story. hope your season can start soon tho
Old 07-13-2003, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hehe, funny pic.

that stinks tho about the sleeves; good luck tho with the new set-up.
Old 07-13-2003, 04:18 PM
New User

Default Re: Check out my Golden Eagle Block (rOby)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rOby &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry for your problems man. i havent had any probs w/ my ge block, and the others ive seen have been perfect. i back ge, **** happens, you moved on and that s the end of the story. hope your season can start soon tho</TD></TR></TABLE>
Thanks That is all I want. I am HAPPY for all the people who have had good luck with their sleeves honestly, I don't want anyone to have to go through what I have and twice even. I am lucky though my wife has her own car and we have a spare too, plus we work together which helps alot, if it was my only ride I would've been really screwed.

Quick Reply: Check out my Golden Eagle Block