Notices

Cheap (~$100) brand name blow off valve

Old 07-11-2008, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap (~$100) brand name blow off valve

I was wondering if anyone knows of a brand name (Greddy, etc.) blow off valve that costs around $100. I would appreciate a link if you know a place that sells it for that price. Thanks.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:04 PM

Default Re: Cheap (~$100) brand name blow off valve (typexero)

ive seen a few greddy type rs bov's go for 100-125 dollars used in the for sale section
Old 07-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cheap (~$100) brand name blow off valve (typexero)

Just get a used name brand BOV....its a simple mechanical piece, they rarely go bad.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cheap (m R g S r)

Used BOVs usually have scratched/worn finishes. Considering that a) aluminum is soft and b) people are stupid, you can pretty much assume that the guy you're buying a used BOV from hucked the valve into a random garage corner where it sat for over a year before he decided to be proactive and try to sell it.

Also, used BOVs always come sans weld-flange, seeing as that part isn't reusable. I often see used Tial BOVs selling for $150. People fail to realize that buying a new weld-flange costs another $20, bringing the total bill to $170. Then you consider that new Tial BOVs sell on ebay for $180, and you realize that buying used is not even slightly worth it.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:20 AM

Default Re: Cheap (Legion_2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Legion_2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Used BOVs usually have scratched/worn finishes. Considering that a) aluminum is soft and b) people are stupid, you can pretty much assume that the guy you're buying a used BOV from hucked the valve into a random garage corner where it sat for over a year before he decided to be proactive and try to sell it.

Also, used BOVs always come sans weld-flange, seeing as that part isn't reusable. I often see used Tial BOVs selling for $150. People fail to realize that buying a new weld-flange costs another $20, bringing the total bill to $170. Then you consider that new Tial BOVs sell on ebay for $180, and you realize that buying used is not even slightly worth it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the input. So how much would a new brand name bov cost. I don't want to spend over $200 on it.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cheap (typexero)

If you are in a hurry for it, then it's going to probably cost you the full price but if you are patient enough, just keep looking for a few days or a week or two on Ebay and H-T marketplace and one will surely show up - then you would probably be able to save some cash.

One thing about buying used parts like BOV's and Wastegates, etc. is to remember that most of the time they do not come with the gaskets or screws, etc. so you should take that cost into account as well.

Just make sure the seller is reputable with good feedback or on H-T go search and see what else they sold and what other buyers think about them before you drop the cash. Also, use Paypal so you can file a claim if the seller tries to rip you off. Sometimes good sellers go bad lol - I have seen that happen too!

I personally have never had any problems so far, with any sellers on H-T because I made sure they were legit before I paid for anything.Good luck man and I hope you get your desired deal.

BTW, from all the BOV's I heard and read about here on H-T, personally these are my favorite ones -

Greddy Type-S, Tial 50mm, HKS SSQV