Notices

changing to new manifold and 3 in exhaust, do i need to get retuned after wards?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changing to new manifold and 3 in exhaust, do i need to get retuned after wards?

i plan on changing out to a tubular manifold, a 3 in exhaust and also a bigger intercooler, do i need to gt my hondata retuned? or will it be ok?
Old 12-30-2003, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: changing to new manifold and 3 in exhaust, do i need to get retuned after wards? (nextelbuddy)

You will need to retune.

The exhaust will increase the engines VE, and the larger intercooler will make a denser charge.

The manifold won't make much of a difference since its before the turbo...but since it does change where the turbo will spool, it will cause some changes.

Definetly retune just for a peice of mind...and you can see how much more HP you making!

Old 12-30-2003, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: changing to new manifold and 3 in exhaust, do i need to get retuned after wards? (Bryson)

What size exhuast did you have before?

I would retune because the bigger exhuast is going to change things. More flow, more power, so you need the fuel to compensate, it woud be ashame to lose a motor because you were running a little lean.

better safe than sorry