Notices

CEL (Dash) Rapidly Flicking - Fuel Pump SOMETIMES Primes - Car Wont Start - Motor Swap

Old 07-29-2006, 07:17 PM
I want a CRX tattoed on my butt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CEL (Dash) Rapidly Flicking - Fuel Pump SOMETIMES Primes - Car Wont Start - Motor Swap

The car is an 88 Crx si, d16a6 motor fully built, running dsm 450's and turboedit and a 2.5 bar map sensor. I snapped my timing belt so I swapped the motor today for another built a6.
No changes were made anywhere, straight swap. Got it all back together, go to start the car and the fuel pump primes, try and start the car and it dont work, crank and crank and cranks, throws a few little exhaust blips.

Turn it down and try again, CEL on dash is now kinda flickering, slows down and then flicker faster, I check the ecu code, cant read it, damn thing it changing speeds on its flashes, sometimes rapid, sometimes slow, but it would pause at points.

I check the motor, everything seems mint, look harder........

BROKE THE MAP SENSOR

Little itty bity 2.5bar has these little prongs and everyone of them broke out, 3 of them. ****!

Cant do anything.

My question is, nothing was changed in the swap, other than breaking the map sensor, but would it cause the motor to do the things that I am describing?

Or is something else the matter?

Hope someone can help

Thanks
Old 07-29-2006, 11:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: CEL (Dash) Rapidly Flicking - Fuel Pump SOMETIMES Primes - Car Wont Start - Motor Swap (PINKS)

The ground that is part of the engine harness, and attaches with the 10mm headed bolt to the thermostat housing is not tight.

Oh, and do this with your Motorola 2.5 bar map sensor:

Old 07-30-2006, 06:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: CEL (Jaker)

Your cel is suppose to change speeds. Thats how you read the code, count it, i believe its slow at first. Then pause, then fast. Thats your code.

Check your timing....