Notices

car stalls out when vtec supose to engauge!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car stalls out when vtec supose to engauge!

98 LSV turbo, recently lost my exhaust and it took the o2 sensor with it

So when im about to hit 4500rpms right where vtec hits it hit rev limiter was wondering what could cause this, No CELS or anything. and 1st gear lets me run it out and second sometimes, but if i do a slow boost in 4th it stalls everytime once i hit vtec
Old 07-21-2011, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: car stalls out when vtec supose to engauge!

what do you mean lost your exhaust ? IS there an exhaust on the car while your driving ? if not do you have a wideband if your o2 sensor went with it.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by b16bri
what do you mean lost your exhaust ? IS there an exhaust on the car while your driving ? if not do you have a wideband if your o2 sensor went with it.
the wide band stopped working awhile ago, but all i have is a downpipe for a little bit (waiting for my exhaust delivery). but my OEM o2 sensor went with the exhaust, therefore there is no o2 sensor anywhere on the car
Old 07-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so you're boosting in a car without an O2 sensor...? seriously.. people on here make me slap my head in disbelief sometimes. how do you expect your car to know what to do with fueling without any o2 readings??
Old 07-21-2011, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

First off has the car been tuned ? IF not stop driving it. Secondly if it was tuned with the exhaust on the car and now you dont have one stop driving the car. If it was tuned with an exhaust by not having one now thats a big enought change in back pressure and overall performance to throw your tune off. Secondly with out any O2 sensors thers no way for you or the car to know waht yopur AFR are im sure there all over the place. I would stop driving it wait till i got the exhaust and than get it re tuned with a wideband.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by b16bri
First off has the car been tuned ? IF not stop driving it. Secondly if it was tuned with the exhaust on the car and now you dont have one stop driving the car. If it was tuned with an exhaust by not having one now thats a big enought change in back pressure and overall performance to throw your tune off. Secondly with out any O2 sensors thers no way for you or the car to know waht yopur AFR are im sure there all over the place. I would stop driving it wait till i got the exhaust and than get it re tuned with a wideband.

Its my daily driver i have no other choice! and yea ik it sucks but im still waiting for my exhaust. and yea it was tuned with open downpipe and thats exactly whats on it right now