Notices

Car runs like shit, 3 codes?!?!!? WTF is going on here?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car runs like ****, 3 codes?!?!!? WTF is going on here?!?!?!

I put the kit on 200 miles ago, really haven't got on it but the autometer gauge sits full lean(actually goes past the last red and only comes back when you are off the throttle coasting). I continually throw the egr code(which i have since I put the motor in there 2 years ago, I also throw the #1 o2 sensor code, but the sensor is 2 days old, and finally #43 fuel system/pump malfuntion(walbro fuel pump 3 weeks old, vortec 10:1 fmu, oem fuel filter maybe 3,000 miles old)...what the hell??? The car is getting shitty gas mileage so its burning some gas up and its not detonating or anything so what gives?!??! The car won't idle, I think it has to do with the map sensor and my missing link...gotta get the right one in there...just got an older one from my friends crx for now.

Could a map sensor and poor/low/non existant idle cause all these problems. If I don't stay on the throttle coming to a stop and the car almost cuts out, I'm thinking thats why its throwing the fuel malfunction, the pressure is going low for a second because its losing power....I dunno?
Old 03-26-2003, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Car runs like ****, 3 codes?!?!!? WTF is going on here?!?!?! (slow94accord)

**** that is a lot of problems!! Check your spark plugs. Are your wires and stuff in good shape?
Old 03-26-2003, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Car runs like ****, 3 codes?!?!!? WTF is going on here?!?!?! (slow94accord)

If your a/f gauge is reading that lean, WHY ARE YOU DRIVING?!?! You probably fuxored yer motor
Old 03-26-2003, 06:20 PM

how much you boostinG? get a better fuel systesm like vafc hack or smc or hondata
Old 03-26-2003, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

please make sure everything is properly installed and or hooked up
Old 03-26-2003, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Car runs like ****, 3 codes?!?!!? WTF is going on here?!?!?! (SiRkid)

I'm running 6 psi....i know somethin is wrong with the guage or something...there is no way I am going through this much gas and not running hella rich. I've got a walbro and 10:1 fmu, I seriously doubt I need anything more than that for just 6 psi.

Put new NGK 1095 plugs in....gonna buy some new wires for the hell of it.

[Modified by slow94accord, 4:32 AM 3/27/2003]
Old 03-26-2003, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Car runs like ****, 3 codes?!?!!? WTF is going on here?!?!?! (SiRkid)

Well as far as the air/fuel ratio reading rich like that....it's probably not connected very well. Did you solder the connection? if not thats why it's reading lean like that and only comes alive when you let off the gas (senses a change in voltage but cant read it very well. Secondly if it's not connected properly it's going to cause a problem with your o2 sensor, see honda o2 sensors don't like things hooked up to them so they have a fit it you just strip the wire back and wrap another wire around it or even wore cut the wire and twist them together.Check your connection and fix it if you need, i can almost bet that it will take care of your first two problems (o2 and gauge). lastly your fuel milage sucks *** because your runing in limp mode because you have a few codes in your ecu (cel). Your ecu will automatically dump extra fuel in when there is a code. It does that to prevent the car from runing to lean (depending on the code) it's a safety precaution, plus it lets you know that there is a problem.. clear your codes reset the ecu and you should be good. also I think you mentioned that you installed a new fuel pump. If so and it happens to be a high pressure pump, it's going to raise your idle fuel pressure to about 50+psi (a tad bit to high) so you will run really rich at idle add the extra fuel from the ecu (because of limp mode) and you get a car that doesn't want to run because it's getting flooded unless you rev the engine to burn some of the fuel...let me know if any of this helps
Old 03-26-2003, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Car runs like ****, 3 codes?!?!!? WTF is going on here?!?!?! (b16ahybrid)

well i put the pump in 2 weeks before the turbo install and the car ran fine n/a with that pump...idles and everything. Also, if I take the missing link and check valves off, the car will idle but will obviously cut out at boost.
Old 03-26-2003, 07:36 PM

when did the air/fuel ratio gauge go in?
Old 03-26-2003, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Car runs like ****, 3 codes?!?!!? WTF is going on here?!?!?! (b16ahybrid)

2 days after the turbo
Old 03-26-2003, 07:47 PM

2 days after the turbo

There is the problem! remember how i said the cel will cause a limp mode? well thats probably whats happening....solder that wire if it's not already done.
i know this from experience...i used a crappy wire splice to hook up my air/fuel gauge (because i was to impatient to wait until my friend came over with the soldering iron) and my car did the exact same thing. meter would read one bar red (ocassionally jump up to the orange but would drop back to the red). I soldered the wire and viola it works perfect (well like it suposed to which if you ask me is pointless)....
pull your plugs that will tell you if your runing rich or lean. do you have the walbro high pressure fuel pump by any chance?
Old 03-26-2003, 07:51 PM

yea a walbro 255hp....it worked fine for the 2 weeks it was in the car while it was n/a before I installed the kit
Old 03-26-2003, 09:17 PM

yea a walbro 255hp....it worked fine for the 2 weeks it was in the car while it was n/a before I installed the kit
Correct but i can almost gurantee that if you hooked up a fuel pressure gauge your fuel pressure at idle will read about 55psi. Mine did and everybody else that i know that has that same pump had the same result. So you runing about 20psi additional fuel pressure at idle. Thats going to cause you to run extreemly rich (you could probably smell it before huh). Now since you have a cel on it's going to run even richer.Try fixing the air/fuel ratio gauge see if that helps
Old 03-26-2003, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

C'mon now Chris. Get your **** together
Old 03-26-2003, 11:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car runs like ****, 3 codes?!?!!? WTF is going on here?!?!?! (Pelican)

shouldn't you use 12:1 FMU with stock injectors and a inline pump?

what injectors do you have?
Old 03-27-2003, 02:29 AM

Default Re: Car runs like ****, 3 codes?!?!!? WTF is going on here?!?!?! (accordfreak)

Stock accord injectors...i've been told by many they should work fine.