Notices

Car acting strange after taking Hondata out...

Old 11-29-2003, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car acting strange after taking Hondata out...

So I left my car for a couple days while I was out of town, and one of the measures I took to prevent theft was to yank the Hondata interface box (if they drove it, they at least wouldnt have fun with it ).

Today, I get back to my car, plug the box and ECU fuse back in, start it up, and it sounds odd...deep and real throaty. So I check things out, doesnt look like I have an exhaust leak anywhere. I drive the car, its slow. It makes boost fine, it just doesnt pull and is louder than normal.

Keep in mind, the car was PERFECT when I last drove it. Now its louder and doesnt pull hard. I got under the car, checked for leaks, couldnt find anything noticeable. I did notice now on the exhaust manifold there is a tiny leak on the upper right hand corner. Im talking tiny though, like, when I give it a lot of throttle, a tiny bubble pops out. Nothing I could imagine that would cause the car to not pull hard.

Was I supposed to do anything else when I put the Hondata box back in? Does Hondata need a certain amount of time to recalibrate or something other than the stock ECUs requirements?