Notices

Cant hold Idle. New motor with hondata. Runs like CRAP. Veterans, I need your help

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2002, 12:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant hold Idle. New motor with hondata. Runs like CRAP. Veterans, I need your help

I have a brand new motor. 2.0L Sleeved, pistons rods etc. Hondata 2B and 660cc injectors.

I have 500 miles on my new motor.
Things have been great. It was running like a champion. I put my turbo kit on today. No problems everything went smoothe.

Car has been running great. I have not boosted more then 1psi. I have not taken the motor over 4k RPM.

Then tonight, it was idling..... it started to get lower and lower. I watched it go all the way down to about 400rpms! THEN IT STALLED.

Now when I try to start it, it can not hold Idle. I can drove on it to my house, but at every red light it would stall.

I am thinking it is something related to fuel/ hondata setup. IS IT POSSIBLE HONDATA can become currupt?

I checked, the wires, all were on snug. No visable vacuum leaks. Everything 'looks' ok.

Any ideas are welcome.
Old 08-30-2002, 02:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cant hold Idle. New motor with hondata. Runs like CRAP. Veterans, I need your help (TurboInt

just turn the idle screw up in your tb.
Old 08-30-2002, 03:14 AM

Default Re: Cant hold Idle. New motor with hondata. Runs like CRAP. Veterans, I need your help (TurboInt

that don't work...
i had that prob...on the hondata...if u have 4b or find someone who does, and lean it out in the lower section of the fuel ramp. also lower ur Fuel pressure if u can. its cuz ur running huge injectors...i experienced similar (but on a smaller scale) probs with the 440s until they fixed the hondata....now i just play with FP a lil bit to see if it'll idle higher, but my usual idle is 600-800 depending on conditions.
Old 08-30-2002, 02:01 PM

Just to let you know if your car is NOT tuned. And you are dumping to much fuel you can screw up all your bearings in your block and you will be Screwed. If I were you I would pull out the dipstick and smell for gas.If you smell gas DONT DRIVE IT. Change the oil. The gas will strip the bearings of the lubrication they need and you will be rebuilding AGAIN. Hope this helps.