Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Forced Induction (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/)
-   -   Can't find a spot for a bov or my wastegate (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/cant-find-spot-bov-my-wastegate-3322134/)

Ef.Sedan.Delsol 06-15-2018 03:50 AM

Can't find a spot for a bov or my wastegate

So I bought a great deal from an older guy in his 60s who did autocross he built a modest d16z6 semi built arp, eagle, small turbo, coilovers all that fun stuff but I cannot for the life of me find the waste gate or a place to put a BOV just a pic of the small intercooler, (soon to be sanded and repainted intercooler t ubing and possibly adding a bigger intercooler) and the manifold... I got the car for a steal so don't flame for any "rice" it was a $2000 delsol with enkeis and racelands highest end coilovers for a steal at 107k miles and he drove like my grandma.... I just wanted to put a BOV and different springs in the waste gate for a tad more boostage. Forgot my old login but I used to post all the time with my boosted EG coupe I built at 16...now that im 26 time sure does fly... anywhot! prolly didnt need the intercooler pic but he told me it was there and im just now discovering it... lol
https://imgur.com/a/m24dDel
https://imgur.com/a/JHj3Rqe

Autoworks 06-15-2018 04:32 AM

Re: Can't find a spot for a bov or my wastegate

You posted a picture zoomed in on the internal wastegate, and of the upper charge pipe...which is typically where one would mount the blow off valve.

TheShodan 06-15-2018 04:58 AM

And you use a boost controller ( with proper tuning, of course,) to increase pressure (not "boostage"..no such word)

Ef.Sedan.Delsol 06-15-2018 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by TheShodan (Post 51660151)
And you use a boost controller ( with proper tuning, of course,) to increase pressure (not "boostage"..no such word)

Jeeze, honda tech didn't lose it's sense of humor...I was just being silly... can someone maybe highlight? I'm not seeing either? I know it's boost... I was just having fun man..thanks for the help and I thought with a different spring I could increase my boost to around 12-13

Ef.Sedan.Delsol 06-15-2018 05:18 AM

I'm getting back into forced induction I'm so so sorry I offended you; 10 years without it I have to relearn my friend; no need to not be kind...

Ef.Sedan.Delsol 06-15-2018 05:21 AM

Just trying to get back into a passion of mine before my MS takes over man..

TheShodan 06-15-2018 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Ef.Sedan.Delsol (Post 51660171)
Jeeze, honda tech didn't lose it's sense of humor...I was just being silly... can someone maybe highlight? I'm not seeing either? I know it's boost... I was just having fun man..thanks for the help and I thought with a different spring I could increase my boost to around 12-13

Not on in internal wastegate. Even a manual boost controller would suffice.

Ef.Sedan.Delsol 06-15-2018 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by TheShodan (Post 51660200)
Not on in internal wastegate. Even a manual boost controller would suffice.

This was the reponse I was looking for I humbly thank you, now how do I go abouts installing one in mysetup and what do you personally recommend, friend>

Ef.Sedan.Delsol 06-15-2018 04:31 PM

Updated it with more pictures I'm still so so stumbled! did he fuck something up by scraping it? It has no isssues doing 10-11 pounds of boost and is capable of 13-16 easily as the engine is pretty well built.

TheShodan 06-15-2018 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ef.Sedan.Delsol (Post 51660296)
This was the reponse I was looking for I humbly thank you, now how do I go abouts installing one in mysetup and what do you personally recommend, friend>

Hallman or turbosmart are the only companies to trust.

Google "manual boost controller install"

Ef.Sedan.Delsol 06-16-2018 12:10 AM

Ha

Originally Posted by TheShodan (Post 51660932)
Hallman or turbosmart are the only companies to trust.

Google "manual boost controller install"

Well, I suppose I didn't research enough! the Hallman looks like a finely crafted controller. I Kept seeing the ebay ones with like 4 barbs and stuff like that. While electric is cool; I've found this turbo timber to not be worth a god damn so I unhooked it...does it actually make a difference...?

Balor_Gr 06-16-2018 04:45 PM

I have hallman trust me its whats you need.

Ef.Sedan.Delsol 06-16-2018 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Balor_Gr (Post 51661350)
I have Hallman trust me its what you need.

Cheap and simple/I'll send the ECU in for more tuning and buy an upgraded MAF

seems awesome! quality looking build as well.

TheShodan 06-16-2018 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Ef.Sedan.Delsol (Post 51661382)
Cheap and simple/I'll send the ECU in for more tuning and buy an upgraded MAF

seems awesome! quality looking build as well.

You mean MAP sensor.

Autoworks 06-18-2018 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Ef.Sedan.Delsol (Post 51661004)
Ha

... I've found this turbo timber to not be worth a god damn so I unhooked it...does it actually make a difference...?

in short...no

TheShodan 06-18-2018 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Ef.Sedan.Delsol (Post 51661004)
Ha....I've found this turbo timber to not be worth a god damn so I unhooked it...does it actually make a difference...?

Timers can help save the life of the turbo for those that are not disciplined enough to allow for proper cool down, even if water cooled. Many used them before 2006, but since alarms and such interfered with their installation utility, fewer are still being used.
I still use mine, and doubt if I ever get rid of it, but it is already within my car and has been for ....well, let's just say a long time... ;)