Notices

Can you guys help identify this turbo (just to be sure)

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 10:02 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you guys help identify this turbo (just to be sure)

I'm still very very new to the turbo scene, heres my current turbine, as far as i know its off a volvo and its a T3, how would i find the actual size of the compressor? I heard it is located somewhere on the turbine itself.
How much power could my turbine hold? Probably not much, as i learned it is mostly good for spool. And third, what kind of manifold do i have? And is it really going to restrict my power? I have big plans for this motor and set up (i have the cash but still need to do more research) what would you H-Tech fellas recommend me to get for good power 3-400WHP (not to sound like a unrealistic newbie, but someone has to learn sometime)
So please help me choose a good manifold (if i really need a new one) and a new turbine, thanks a lot in advance, and sorry if i get flamed for anything stupid i say, i'm just trying to learn, thanks in advance
Old 12-10-2003, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Can you guys help identify this turbo (VNTEC)

Your new so its ok to refer to the TURBO as a turbine since its part of it.

It looks like a Garrett turbo from a T3 Volvo like you said. You would need to pull off the compressor housing and measure the wheels size in inches or MM. On the turbine side of the turbo there might be a A/R number which would lead to the size of the turbine housing.

Maybe check to see what volvo it came off of and someone here might know the size. That T3 would probably have a hard time producing 300hp to the wheels on a Honda at moderate levels but would spool very quickly and is probably pretty affordable compared to others. A common theme is to use a T3/T4 as a good all around street/race turbo but they also come in many different sizes.

Hopefully this helped a little...
Old 12-10-2003, 10:41 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: Can you guys help identify this turbo (SOUNDEFFECTS)

Yes it helped greatly, i appreciate the info! As far as the manifold, do u have any clue? I just need some options right now into what turbine and manifold i should invest in, i really like the way the full race manifold is designed. But what turbine should i run?