Notices

can someone take some measurments for me on a spare head?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 04:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can someone take some measurments for me on a spare head?

hey guys i have a huge favor to ask. its pretty simple to do tho and wont take more than a few minutes

if you have a head with no exh. manifold attatched to it, or even just a manifold and no head....

can you take some measurements for me?

i need to know the distance between the exhaust ports are on the head, and also how wide #1 and #4 are. from the farthest points.

now your going to ask... what head?

how about any head where you can easily find an affordable equal leangth manifold from because vw's dont have an aftermarket for them. (not the 16v anyways) and im thinking maybe i could buy a honda one and weld a vw flange onto it with some minor or no mods. maybe tweek the runners slightly.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got a few heads and gaskets kicknig around for B series. I'll measure for you later today
Old 12-11-2005, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tchleung)

As promised:

This is on a 01 B18C5 R head
Old 12-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: can someone take some measurments for me on a spare head? (the4ork)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by the4ork &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey guys i have a huge favor to ask. its pretty simple to do tho and wont take more than a few minutes

if you have a head with no exh. manifold attatched to it, or even just a manifold and no head....

i need to know the distance between the exhaust ports are on the head, and also how wide #1 and #4 are. from the farthest points.

how about any head where you can easily find an affordable equal leangth manifold from because vw's dont have an aftermarket for them. (not the 16v anyways) and im thinking maybe i could buy a honda one and weld a vw flange onto it with some minor or no mods. maybe tweek the runners slightly.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do what i did , go to a parts store and get the 2 exhaust manifold gaskets for the respective cars. I found that easier to actually have something in my hands that just looking at a pic.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Re: can someone take some measurments for me on a spare head? (the4ork)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by the4ork &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey guys i have a huge favor to ask. its pretty simple to do tho and wont take more than a few minutes

how about any head where you can easily find an affordable equal leangth manifold from because vw's dont have an aftermarket for them. (not the 16v anyways) and im thinking maybe i could buy a honda one and weld a vw flange onto it with some minor or no mods. maybe tweek the runners slightly.</TD></TR></TABLE>

there are several people who offer vw16v manifolds.
but hey to each his own
Old 12-12-2005, 03:26 AM

Default Re: can someone take some measurments for me on a spare head? (Zornig)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Zornig &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there are several people who offer vw16v manifolds.
but hey to each his own </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha zornig! whats up man...

this guy and one other guy are the only two that i know that custom hand fabricate equal length manifolds for vw's

i just remember seeing a thread about someone who took a honda manifold and modded it pretty easily to fit a 16v
Old 12-12-2005, 03:27 AM

Default Re: (Tchleung)

do any honda heads have round exhaust ports?
Old 12-12-2005, 06:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Not that I know of. All D series are oval as well