Notices

Can someone explain this IDLE fuel pressure/ AFR situation?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 07:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone explain this IDLE fuel pressure/ AFR situation?

I noticed my fuel pressure reading lower than I set it, so I disconected the vac line on the FPR to see what the static press was. That too was reading lower than it than it should. Anyway that Is not the problem. I then raised it via the FPR (from 43psi to 53) back to where it should be while `keeping an eye on the wideband AFR. This is what I cant understand. As I raised it the AFR got leaner . I decided to raise it again even higher (60psi) to prove my point , and it read even leaner.However, I know in real fact that the engine being flooded with fuel because there was black smoke from the exhaust ant the engine began to bog down. I know my wide band I working because I then lowered the pressure and changed the idle fuel values up and down and the AFR changed accordingly.

Can someone explain
Old 07-07-2007, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you may have a bad fuel filter or your wideband is dead or going dead
Old 07-07-2007, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Can someone explain this IDLE fuel pressure/ AFR situation? (jetlude)

So you increased you fuel pressure and you KNOW it was running richer because there was black smoke coming out, yet you still think your wideband was reading properly?

Trust your eyes and ears more than a wideband who's sensors fail very often...
Old 07-07-2007, 08:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Can someone explain this IDLE fuel pressure/ AFR situation? (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Trust your eyes and ears more than a wideband who's sensors fail very often...</TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly

I had to do just this yesterday.. stupid dyno jet widebands and their gay filters that clog every hour. ha
Old 07-07-2007, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Can someone explain this IDLE fuel pressure/ AFR situation? (93turbo16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">exactly

I had to do just this yesterday.. stupid dyno jet widebands and their gay filters that clog every hour. ha</TD></TR></TABLE>
i rarely see those damn things read close to where they should
Old 07-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Can someone explain this IDLE fuel pressure/ AFR situation? (SOHC_MShue)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i rarely see those damn things read close to where they should</TD></TR></TABLE>

cuz the dyno peoples dont clean their widebands. our wideband reads very accurate ~ w/in .2-.4 a/f from the taile pipe sniffer. if they clean out the filter and the pumps and change the sensor regularly it will read pretty accurate

to the poster, i hope u dont have a B&M FPR? those things change pressure whenever they feel like it, they r garbage
Old 07-07-2007, 09:16 AM
New User

Default Re: Can someone explain this IDLE fuel pressure/ AFR situation? (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So you increased you fuel pressure and you KNOW it was running richer because there was black smoke coming out, yet you still think your wideband was reading properly?

Trust your eyes and ears more than a wideband who's sensors fail very often...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Beat me to the punch again, YEAH if you increased fuel pressure and you saw black smoke BUT your A/F gauge read leaner then you have a bad Wideband.