Notices

can somebody please help educate me and tell me what goes where on what i have???

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 11:57 PM
Ham'ed Hatch

Default can somebody please help educate me and tell me what goes where on what i have???

i'm trying to sell this "kit" right now, with no luck. but the more i read about turbo stuff, the more i'd like to use this stuff on my ZC. i'm really uneducated on turbo stuff and i have alot of questions. maybe if i number my questions, it'll be easier for the nice person who takes the time to help me please excuse the lack of usage of correct terms heh.

1988 Saab 9000 garrett TB0356 mated with HF manifold.
0. would this unit perform well on a dohc ZC? does anybody know the stock boost rating on that turbo?
1. what does that flange inbetween go to?

this is where the downpipe would go right. 2.well is that gonna be a 3 or 4 bolt pattern for the flange? i could see how 3 would work out, but if that's the case, then what's that fourth and slightly recessed stud go to?

4. what plugs into that brass "nipple"? if it's for a vacuum line, where would it come from (where does it plug into on the other side of the vac. line?)?
5. the filter plugs to the outlet facing the camera, and the intercooler piping plugs to the smaller outlet at the bottom of the "snail"? or the other way around?
6. what does the "nipple" on the wastegate go to?

7. what does the nipple here go to?

8. what would the top line typically be? why is it thinner than the second one, but with the same flange?
9. does either the top or middle line bolt to the flange on question number 1.? and if so, where does it go from there?
10. what in the hell is the bottom item? where would the vacuum lines go and what are the electrical connections for?

i'd really appreciate help in any way, shape or form. tia
Old 03-15-2003, 03:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: can somebody please help educate me and tell me what goes where on what i have??? (Ham'ed Hatch)

dude, just sell all that too me. I know what to do with it. I'll offer you 300 for everything. just pm me.
Old 03-15-2003, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: can somebody please help educate me and tell me what goes where on what i have??? (Ham'ed Hatch)

that will be a great turbo for a ZC (my turbo was a little too small)

the two nipples on the turbo go to each other. the one on the turbo will the one one the wastegate how much boost there is..

the nipple on the BOV will go to a vaccum sorce on the intake manifold.

the things in the last pic are oil feed, oil return, and a peice of crap (throw it away, its a boost control thing for the Saab the turbo came off of). you probly will only use part of the oil feed and return and cut the rest off and throw it away, but you wont know how much till you mock this up on your car.

AND PLEASE DONT FORGET TO GET SOME FUEL MANAGMENT if you leave your **** stock and put that turbo (or any turbo) you will probly blow your motor pretty quickly, please do some research....
Old 03-15-2003, 10:57 AM
Ham'ed Hatch

Default Re: can somebody please help educate me and tell me what goes where on what i have??? (turbohf)

so if those lines are oil feed and return, then i see how one would bolt up to that flange in the middle, but where would the other bolt or hook up at?

as for fuel, i have dsm auto injectors (370 i've been told) that i would use with either an safc or smc. sufficient enough?

thanks for the help so far!
Old 03-15-2003, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the big line is the oil return, the oil feed is on the opisite side (like strait threw). dont really worry about that go to the hardware store and find a nipple that will screw in there (like 1/4 or whatever the size is you will be using on the back of the block, or SS braided line whatever).

the AFC/SMC should be sufficant, but it always helps to have someone helping that has used one before...
Old 03-15-2003, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: can somebody please help educate me and tell me what goes where on what i have??? (turbohf)

homemadeturbo.com has a forum with people that have used "ghetto/homemade" setups before and know lots of tricks like the AFC and SMC ****, check them out...