Notices

can i buy a pretuned motor??

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can i buy a pretuned motor??

ok i'll make this very short and easy. I'm located in a place with no tuner or a dyno shops around. i drive a JDM Honda Integra DA5 with a ODB0 b16a swapped in it. it has some bolt ons and the itr cams.

i was planning to turbo charge it for a while but im confused on how to tune the car after i put the turbo in since there are no dyno or tuners around. now my question is, Is it possible to buy a already tuned turbocharged b16a and just ship it to my place,and i swap my existing motor with that one? i mean will it actually work?? if so then how much can the motor cost??

im looking for something over 250whp
Old 05-25-2010, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: can i buy a pretuned motor??

Where do you live ? There has to be something around you, some what.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

never heard of anything like that unless someones gonna give you the entire swap plus turbo kit plus ecu

might as well buy the car if your gonna do all that or just drop the car off to a tuner ( my first was out of state ) and just go pick it up when there done
Old 05-25-2010, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

youd have to have the engine, same size fuel lines, same size pump, same injectors, same ECU, same map sensor.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im located in a small country in south asia,Bangladesh. there is no tuner or dyno in the entire country.

i was thinking about getting the whole thing built,engine+ecu+fuel rails and pumps and everything included with the engine....even the tranny if needed.

so all i do is remove my engine and put that engine in my car along with everything. something like that. like the JDM engines are imported in US,comes with everything needed to run out of the box.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 90blackcrx
Where do you live ? There has to be something around you, some what.
the nearest tuner will be in india,another country,i cant cross borders with the car
Old 05-26-2010, 04:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ghost_rider_dhk
the nearest tuner will be in india,another country,i cant cross borders with the car
get yourself a chip burner, and have someone build u a basemap for ur setup. from, their, get a wideband o2 sensor and have fun with crome. go very conservative. to be honest, altitude differences will change a tune anyhow so it'll be hard to send a perfect tune to another country and hope it works. honestly you'll be ur own best friend on this one. look at it as an opportunity to learn and you can start tuning for others in ur area. good luck. also, check out pgmfi.org, there's tons of tuning info on there
Old 05-26-2010, 04:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by perseverance
get yourself a chip burner, and have someone build u a basemap for ur setup. from, their, get a wideband o2 sensor and have fun with crome. go very conservative. to be honest, altitude differences will change a tune anyhow so it'll be hard to send a perfect tune to another country and hope it works. honestly you'll be ur own best friend on this one. look at it as an opportunity to learn and you can start tuning for others in ur area. good luck. also, check out pgmfi.org, there's tons of tuning info on there
I dont know anything about tunning,so i was thinking about a "self-correcting ecu".......like the stock ecus,you put bolt ons and do a relearn and the ecu re-adjusts.somthing like that??

how about those greddy and other bolt on kits?also whats about the greddy emanage or hondata200?? i dont know anything about tunning,how do they actually "tune" the turbo?

can somebody please explain to me?
Old 05-26-2010, 04:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ghost_rider_dhk
ok i'll make this very short and easy. I'm located in a place with no tuner or a dyno shops around. i drive a JDM Honda Integra DA5 with a ODB0 b16a swapped in it. it has some bolt ons and the itr cams.

i was planning to turbo charge it for a while but im confused on how to tune the car after i put the turbo in since there are no dyno or tuners around. now my question is, Is it possible to buy a already tuned turbocharged b16a and just ship it to my place,and i swap my existing motor with that one? i mean will it actually work?? if so then how much can the motor cost??

im looking for something over 250whp
Yes I think you could buy that kind of pretuned motor. The price is depend in your place.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tiresmokindad
Yes I think you could buy that kind of pretuned motor. The price is depend in your place.
nothing in my place,so i gotta buy from anywhere in the world and ship it to my country
Old 05-26-2010, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

An Australian company called adaptronic makes a self learning ecu thatspretty amazing I know of a couple guys running them with good results. A friend of mine boosted a non turbo impreza running 20. Psi on stock motor ecu took a few minutes to learn and calibrate and runs awesome. Something to check out
Old 05-26-2010, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hondapowerb16a2
An Australian company called adaptronic makes a self learning ecu thatspretty amazing I know of a couple guys running them with good results. A friend of mine boosted a non turbo impreza running 20. Psi on stock motor ecu took a few minutes to learn and calibrate and runs awesome. Something to check out
wait,so what you are saying is i just buy a turbo kit,install it in my motor and plug in this ECU and it will do all the tuning on its own???

i checked their website,they have two models,one at 999 another 1999AUS dollar....but there was nothing about a turbo,it seemed like its just a more adjustable ECU for NA cars. can you please confirm?
Old 05-26-2010, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It does Turbo or NA you just plug it in and go. Everyone I know that has one is running the $999 one. A friend of mine is putting it on his Turbo civic ef this week. There is also a Turbo impreza and a Turbo BMW running this ecu here in town.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

evans tuning has a e-tune program , they send you a base map and you send them your datalogs, they make changes aback and forth until its perfect
Old 05-26-2010, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

http://blog.evans-tuning.com/2010/04...-evans-tuning/
Old 05-26-2010, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sleepencivic
evans tuning has a e-tune program , they send you a base map and you send them your datalogs, they make changes aback and forth until its perfect
where are they located?? im like at the other end of the planet.

also somebody please also suggest a complete set up....like a ecu and with what kit?? i mean the turbo and the injectors and the pump n the other things
Old 05-26-2010, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sleepencivic
yes i checked it.it seems pretty logical,anybody tried it??? does it work?? so i just gotta put on everything and send thema file,then they send me another file and i put it and test.....right??

kinda like a in car ipod,i put a song,i play,i dont like,i email the artist,he sends another song,i done like,he sends another,i like....my car goes fast!!! nice
Old 05-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there is no such thing as pretuned. the type of gas and the quality of gas, air quality, density, elevation all has an affect on tune
Old 05-27-2010, 12:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Mr.Spec
there is no such thing as pretuned. the type of gas and the quality of gas, air quality, density, elevation all has an affect on tune
yes i agree,but but very new on how a tune works for a turbo so i might be asking stupid question,in that case please correct me

i thought about something like stock turbo engine....like you can import the JDM motors and bolt it in your car and it will start running straight away....no need of tuning or anything

i was looking for something like that,is that even possible with a aftermarket turbo installed?
Old 05-28-2010, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

KING MOTORSPORTS does it. The only Mugen distributor in the U.S. KING MOTORSPORTS for the FTW!! Such a badass shop I'm blessed to live so close to them located in New Berlin, WI
Old 05-28-2010, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by h-duced
KING MOTORSPORTS does it. The only Mugen distributor in the U.S. KING MOTORSPORTS for the FTW!! Such a badass shop I'm blessed to live so close to them located in New Berlin, WI
so they can built/tune a turbo b16a for me that i can use in the other part of the globe just like a stock motors?with no problems at all?? your sure bro??
Old 05-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Like said earlier even with a base map for your setup, the elevation, air, fuel will affect the motor, how much i cant say, this doesnt mean you wont be able to drive around safe and boost the motor or have fun, it just means the tune will fall of a bit causing it to lean out or get rich which will affect the way the motor runs or basically the tune is just not gonna be on point, so Your best or only options are to get a gready or complete turbo kit and install it on the motor correctly and get a ecu with a base map shipped from either evans or church automotive.com, tell them your location/situation and complete setup from the motor to turbo kit to injectors, map sensor and fuel pump as well as what fuel you will use and have them burn a base map as close as they can get for you, once you receive the ecu, make sure everything needed is there and on right like map sensor,injectors fuel pump and make sure theres no leaks you can plug the ecu in and drive the motor/car without any major problems as long as everything runs right on start up, maybe under full throtle/boost you might run into issues with fuel cause of the change in elavation/air and fuel but it shouldnt cause that much of a change, just use very high octane or look into buying race fuel so you can create the correct octane. if you have that option in your country. a b16 with a simple turbo kit can easliy get you 250hp high boost and a built block/turbo with race fuel you can break 450hp.
My next sugestion is to have a legit/great shop like http://www.laskeyracing.com/ build you a nice motor so you can forget about the dinky 1.6l b16 and do a 1.8 b18c1-5 or even b20 vtec or lsvtec which ever you or the shop prefers or recomends, i would suggest boosting a 1.8l b18c1 or basically a gsr motor, there not that much and you can boost a stock gsr and get some good hp, if you build the motor with say sleaves pistons cams ect. thats a different story and price range, im gonna go with recommending a stock motor to save $.
My next suggestion would be forget about the turbo idea! remember if you turbo a b16 with a easy or simple turbo kit like the gready kit you get no more than 250hp if your lucky and 300hp on a 1.8l b18c1-5 motor, Look into the Jackson supper charger http://www.supercharger.com/ , with this kit its allot more straight forward when it comes to plug and play kits! with a jrsc kit @5-9 psi of boost you can still reach 200hp or 230-250 on a stout setup http://www.lhtperformance.net/Superc.../upgrades.html. You can order a new or used kit just remember some used kits wont come complete so to avoid alot of headaches buy a new kit, several reasons for this, it will come with everything you need if you get it new! the most important part is the fmu electronic kit allot of used kits wont have! and this is important for you cause you want a stress free plug and play kit to run the motor as best as can be cause you have no tuner!, so with the new jrsc kit it will come with everything you need to bolt the supper charger in and drive down the street and boost the crap out the motor and enjoy a diffrent for of boost and experience a liniar power band that has no boost lag with instant power and throtle responce, you will love the way your motor feels! now you can get boost upgrade kits as well as power cards or chips to run the supercharger at higher boost. if you build the motor with difrent comp. and go with bigger injectors, bigger pullies/ more boost ect. you will need to get the motor dyno tuned then but even then you can still get a ecu with a base of the setup and run the motor good enough but i would recommend just getting the new kit complete and run the 5 psi it gives and enjoy your boosted ride without worrying about needing a dyno tune. i personally love the feel of the jrsc its one of the reasons i stayed with it, power wise it wont get as much as a turbo but you personally have to remember tuning the motor is very important when it comes with a turbo kit on your motor and thats one option you dont really have without a base map from either of those guys evans or churches.check out my new jrsc setup i built for my sleeper! https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...2556604&page=5
Your other option is to sell the b16 and buy a used jdm or usdm gsr or itr motor and either boost that with a turbo or jrsc and go about it the same way i explained above, again i would deff recomend you getting a new Jackson racing super charger bolting it on and drive and boost your way down the streets of Bangladesh safely lol good luck and lmk if you need any help.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this tread made me LOL...

thank you.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ive been doing it wrong for all these years...I made the mistake of tuning my engine management and not my engine. Glad i read this thread lol
Old 05-29-2010, 12:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
Like said earlier even with a base map for your setup, the elevation, air, fuel will affect the motor, how much i cant say, this doesnt mean you wont be able to drive around safe and boost the motor or have fun, it just means the tune will fall of a bit causing it to lean out or get rich which will affect the way the motor runs or basically the tune is just not gonna be on point, so Your best or only options are to get a gready or complete turbo kit and install it on the motor correctly and get a ecu with a base map shipped from either evans or church automotive.com, tell them your location/situation and complete setup from the motor to turbo kit to injectors, map sensor and fuel pump as well as what fuel you will use and have them burn a base map as close as they can get for you, once you receive the ecu, make sure everything needed is there and on right like map sensor,injectors fuel pump and make sure theres no leaks you can plug the ecu in and drive the motor/car without any major problems as long as everything runs right on start up, maybe under full throtle/boost you might run into issues with fuel cause of the change in elavation/air and fuel but it shouldnt cause that much of a change, just use very high octane or look into buying race fuel so you can create the correct octane. if you have that option in your country. a b16 with a simple turbo kit can easliy get you 250hp high boost and a built block/turbo with race fuel you can break 450hp.
My next sugestion is to have a legit/great shop like http://www.laskeyracing.com/ build you a nice motor so you can forget about the dinky 1.6l b16 and do a 1.8 b18c1-5 or even b20 vtec or lsvtec which ever you or the shop prefers or recomends, i would suggest boosting a 1.8l b18c1 or basically a gsr motor, there not that much and you can boost a stock gsr and get some good hp, if you build the motor with say sleaves pistons cams ect. thats a different story and price range, im gonna go with recommending a stock motor to save $.
My next suggestion would be forget about the turbo idea! remember if you turbo a b16 with a easy or simple turbo kit like the gready kit you get no more than 250hp if your lucky and 300hp on a 1.8l b18c1-5 motor, Look into the Jackson supper charger http://www.supercharger.com/ , with this kit its allot more straight forward when it comes to plug and play kits! with a jrsc kit @5-9 psi of boost you can still reach 200hp or 230-250 on a stout setup http://www.lhtperformance.net/Superc.../upgrades.html. You can order a new or used kit just remember some used kits wont come complete so to avoid alot of headaches buy a new kit, several reasons for this, it will come with everything you need if you get it new! the most important part is the fmu electronic kit allot of used kits wont have! and this is important for you cause you want a stress free plug and play kit to run the motor as best as can be cause you have no tuner!, so with the new jrsc kit it will come with everything you need to bolt the supper charger in and drive down the street and boost the crap out the motor and enjoy a diffrent for of boost and experience a liniar power band that has no boost lag with instant power and throtle responce, you will love the way your motor feels! now you can get boost upgrade kits as well as power cards or chips to run the supercharger at higher boost. if you build the motor with difrent comp. and go with bigger injectors, bigger pullies/ more boost ect. you will need to get the motor dyno tuned then but even then you can still get a ecu with a base of the setup and run the motor good enough but i would recommend just getting the new kit complete and run the 5 psi it gives and enjoy your boosted ride without worrying about needing a dyno tune. i personally love the feel of the jrsc its one of the reasons i stayed with it, power wise it wont get as much as a turbo but you personally have to remember tuning the motor is very important when it comes with a turbo kit on your motor and thats one option you dont really have without a base map from either of those guys evans or churches.check out my new jrsc setup i built for my sleeper! https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...2556604&page=5
Your other option is to sell the b16 and buy a used jdm or usdm gsr or itr motor and either boost that with a turbo or jrsc and go about it the same way i explained above, again i would deff recomend you getting a new Jackson racing super charger bolting it on and drive and boost your way down the streets of Bangladesh safely lol good luck and lmk if you need any help.
thankx alot mate

you helped me out big time,so i guess in that case superchargers are the way to go?? in that case can you tell me how much does a "bolt on,no tune needed" supercharger kit cost? with everything included,also can i put a intercooler in it? i have seen a blitz supercharger kit on a 03 celica with a intercooler

Quick Reply: can i buy a pretuned motor??