Gain (boost consitencey)
Set Gain (start boost)
warning
limiter

TIA
Old 02-19-2005, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Calling all GREDDY PROFEC B SPEC II users (RNPoo7)

someone help the guy^
Old 02-20-2005, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hump
Old 02-20-2005, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RNPoo7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RNPoo7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hump</TD></TR></TABLE>
lump
Old 02-20-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Calling all GREDDY PROFEC B SPEC II users (RNPoo7)

ITS OK HARD TO USE
Old 02-20-2005, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Calling all GREDDY PROFEC B SPEC II users (fhyfz350)

There is a past thread on how to use the BII. Maybe someone can chime in with it.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Calling all GREDDY PROFEC B SPEC II users (DefiantGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DefiantGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There is a past thread on how to use the BII. Maybe someone can chime in with it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, what he really needs is someone who knows what each setting does and can give him teh optimum settings for it to get 10psi on his .4 bar spring.
Old 02-20-2005, 06:46 PM

ok here's what I did:

1) Put your set gain to about 70 or 80... thats 7 to 8 psi, just no decimal on the Profec B 2.

2) Then start to raise up the Set setting by about 5 everytime until you reach your desired boost level (leave the gain at 0).

3) Once you get to about 10 psi in your case watch the boost gauge when doing the pull. if your spiking then lower the set gain. you want the set gain to be as high as possible to allow the wastegate to stay closed, but if it spikes then its opening too late and lower it. just remember that the double digit number represents a decimal (80 = 8.0 psi).

3) once you find the right set gain with no spiking, watch the boost gauge to determine if the boost is falling off or if its fluctuating instead of staying steady. if the boosts falls off (doesn't hold 10 psi) then raise the gain setting by about 5 until the boost doesn't fall off anymore. if you raise the gain, you'll need to lower the Set setting since it will also raise the boost. if the boost is fluctuating (moving between 8-12 psi for example) then lower the gain setting. if you lower the gain setting then remember to raise up the Set setting. they are not equivalent so don't raise or lower the amount you adjusted the gain.

4) you should be able to get a solid boost pressure by doing this. for the warning, if you want the controller to warn you that your overboosting then set it to a level that you dont want to boost to (if you want to boost 10 psi then set it to like 11 or 12 or 13, etc)

5) if you going to use the warning feature (i didn't i just put mine to like 20 psi so it wouldn't annoy me) then the limiter is what the Profec will lower your boost automatically if it exceeds the warning value. this is a percent value and since i didn't use it on mine i can't help you with a value.

i hope this helps you out... i was able to tune mine for both low and high boost in under 30 mins, and that was with street pulls.

just remember to start the set, gain settings at 0, adjust your set gain first, then the set, and finally the gain.

any more questions just PM me.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks a lot man. Will posts results soon.
Just wondering, do you have the side port of the wg open or going to a vaccum source?
Old 02-23-2005, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So i tried those settings and it still spiked
Old 02-23-2005, 08:24 PM

I couldn't even get mine to work... has anyone heard of the solinoid to stop working? I want the controller to work before I go see my tuner, but how would I test it without driving the car??

not trying to thread jack, really just signing up for the good info and hoping I can get mine working...
Old 02-23-2005, 08:51 PM

Default Re: (turbosi03)

from what i've heard my friend did with his, the profec b uses all different kinds of settings, i can get more info from him. but i think the boost pressure set is a percentage of what your wastegate is set, so if my understanding is correct, the profec b won't boost over the wastegate setting, so 100% would be your 5.8psi.

i'll talk to him when i get a chance, most likely this weekend, hes tuned a lot of cars with the profec b. what i said above may be wrong, its late and i'm tired, i can't remember well, but if you can wait until around saturday or sunday i can get the info from my friend.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Re: (rideblitz)

Wow, that's alot of ****. I had the first Profec B with just the gain and the two boost settings. I know what your saying about the gain being too high causing spike, but now they've made another button to combat that? It sounds confusing.

Another quetion, when you set your settings to ??? boost, does it still fluctuate because of the outside temp (night vs. day) or does this new one control that. Sorry for the extra questions, just wanted to know.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:11 AM

Default Re: (stealthmode62)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RNPoo7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So i tried those settings and it still spiked </TD></TR></TABLE>

not sure about the the side port... its been a while since i installed mine so i can't tell you. i use it with my greddy turbo so it goes to the wastegate and the turbo housing. don't know which ports on the solenoid but i can look tomorrow.

spiking? does it spiking and the come down and stay at a level? or does the boost fall off?

if spiking, lower your set gain... basically the wastegate is opening too late and the turbo over-spools (ie the spike) and then once its fully opened it stays at the desired level.

if falling off, then thats your gain setting. just gotta keep messing with it.

is this internal or external wastegate? also, do you still have your cat on the car?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rideblitz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">from what i've heard my friend did with his, the profec b uses all different kinds of settings, i can get more info from him. but i think the boost pressure set is a percentage of what your wastegate is set, so if my understanding is correct, the profec b won't boost over the wastegate setting, so 100% would be your 5.8psi.

i'll talk to him when i get a chance, most likely this weekend, hes tuned a lot of cars with the profec b. what i said above may be wrong, its late and i'm tired, i can't remember well, but if you can wait until around saturday or sunday i can get the info from my friend.</TD></TR></TABLE>

my greddy turbo is internally wastegated to 5.5 psi, but i am boosting 10 psi now so it can boost over the default setting. you are correct in that the controller uses percentages of the wastegate, but i forgot exactly what it is.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stealthmode62 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Another quetion, when you set your settings to ??? boost, does it still fluctuate because of the outside temp (night vs. day) or does this new one control that. Sorry for the extra questions, just wanted to know. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i think this one controls it with the outside temp now... i haven't noticed any fluctuations with mine with temp.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:12 AM

if you have any more questions hit me up on AIM... turbosivik
Old 02-24-2005, 03:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Sivik)

his isnt really a spike. It just climbs forever. It will get to like 8 psi then jump to 15+. The warning never goes off or anything even with a couple other friends units.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (Sivik)

Maybe you need to convert the Profec B II to read in psi instead of kpa/bar. Because if it's reading .7 to .8 on the monitor in kpa, then that's 10psi to 11psi.

I think you hold the top-left button down for a couple of seconds and then release to turn it off. When you turn it back on, you simultaneously hit the mode button with the top-left button. That will take out the kpa units of measure in the bottom-right of the LCD monitor.

Another common mistake is routing the vacuum hoses wrong. For an external wastegate, the side port goes to the COM on the wastegate solenoid. NC goes to boost source. The top port on the wastegate also goes to boost source. NO is left open to atmospheric.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:29 AM

Default Re: (IN VTEC)

ahh I had the com from solinoid going to the top port on the wastegate... I thought thats how it controlls the wg diapham? pressure from the top holding the wg closed longer then the spring can??

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IN VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Another common mistake is routing the vacuum hoses wrong. For an external wastegate, the side port goes to the COM on the wastegate solenoid. NC goes to boost source. The top port on the wastegate also goes to boost source. NO is left open to atmospheric.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so this is the correct way? everyone agree?

wouldn't the constant pressure source on the top port keep the wg from opening??
Old 02-24-2005, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It is tial 38mm external wastage

When it spiked i lowered the set gain to 30 and 20 and it still spiked.

Old 02-24-2005, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (IN VTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IN VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Maybe you need to convert the Profec B II to read in psi instead of kpa/bar. Because if it's reading .7 to .8 on the monitor in kpa, then that's 10psi to 11psi.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup, i have it set at psi NOT Kpa

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IN VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Another common mistake is routing the vacuum hoses wrong. For an external wastegate, the side port goes to the COM on the wastegate solenoid. NC goes to boost source. The top port on the wastegate also goes to boost source. NO is left open to atmospheric.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's not what the Greddy directions said.
It said COM to top port
NC to compressor
Side port = open or connected to vacuum source
Old 02-24-2005, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agee, i have my com to top port.

is this wrong
Old 02-24-2005, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 02-24-2005, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oops. Follow the instructions...don't listen to me. I'm having a dumb year.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B16CRXT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16CRXT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">his isnt really a spike. It just climbs forever. It will get to like 8 psi then jump to 15+. The warning never goes off or anything even with a couple other friends units.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup, this is true. I build gradual boost till like 9-10 psi and then out of no where i see 15+ psi.

Yes i tried 2 other units than mine and it still gave me the same problem

That's why i was wondering if I coudl see how people are setting them because I thought I was doing it correctly.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Greddy needs to do a damn recall on tehse things. They are too ****** complicated to install and use.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Calling all GREDDY PROFEC B SPEC II users