Notices

calling all FI gurus!!! crazy cooling question.......need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default calling all FI gurus!!! crazy cooling question.......need help

hi!

I plan on going all-out next summer with my s2k... and I thought... is it really necessary to go crazy about cooling!? we all ear stuff about bigger intercooler, heat disipation, ect but is there any point where cool could be dangerous??

I mean.. lets go crazy for a second.... giant size intercooler covered with ice, water/methanol injection, a dry ice can that cools the fuel before the fuelrail (heat wrap on fuel line and rail), hondata intake manif. gasket, VPracing C16 or anything higher... cold canadian morning.....

Is cooler really THAT better?? Or could it hurt the performance or warp the sleeves from the temp. change........ AND do you know of any other tips on droping charge temp.??

thanks in advance!
Old 08-15-2006, 07:52 AM

Default Re: calling all FI gurus!!! crazy cooling question.......need help (pitchblacksol)

come on guys... dont be shy!!!
Old 08-15-2006, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well obviously there is a limit to where cooling effectiveness ends...

Whats the point of this post exactly? Do you plan on doing all the stuff you just described and you want someone to verify its effectiveness/feasibility? I mean why not just throw 2 co2 tanks in the trunk and create a rail system for the charge pipes that sprays like every 3" with a stream of co2??!! Yeah man that would be MADD COOLLLDDD y0!

Let me help you, it wont be that effective, and it wont be that feasible either.

Just get a decent sized IC and an aftermarket radiator and be done with it.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:27 PM

Default Re: (turbotime)

nope! I dont plan on doin everything I wrote, that is everything I know people do to cool the air... and I probably forgot a few and there is probably a thousand more that I dont even know!!

the co2, cold ice thing is an old trick v8 guys do. They place the fuel line in a spiral shape inside a can and put ice over it... and I thought maybeit would help with detonation and piston melting, ect with a high boost FI setup...

I saw s2k's push around 600hp on stock internals (with -3Cr. head gasket) .. . and detonation kill 150hp motors.... so im just looking for ways to completely eliminate detonation....
Old 08-15-2006, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

detonation isnt caused SOLELY by heat, you can cool down the intake charge as much as you want and it will still detonate if timing and fuel is wrong...

Why not get the turbo, get the fuel setup, get an ems, get it tuned, THEN worry about the detonation? You got a lot of $$$$ to spend before you need to start worryin about that lol...

You can put down some badass numbers with a simple run of the mill turbo setup on an s2k, no need to get crazy
Old 08-15-2006, 12:45 PM

Default Re: (turbotime)

thx for the help! really appreciate it
Old 08-15-2006, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

np keep us updated on the build i love the s2k!