Notices

callin all crx w/ jdm frontend intercooled turbo kits and reliability questions also

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default callin all crx w/ jdm frontend intercooled turbo kits and reliability questions also

hello im planning to turbo my rex. either the stock sohc motor or the ls i have on the side. which one would you guys use?

how reliable can it be?

can it be a daily?

and can i use an intercooler on my car? (I have jdm fog lights on my front end..)

and do i have to cut alot of the grill?

thanks..

Modified by luvs2spooge at 12:05 AM 10/20/2007
Old 07-28-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Re: callin all crx w/ jdm frontend intercooled turbo kits and reliability questions also (luvs2spoog

i would use the ls if u got it
and its all in a good tune for reliability
it can be a daily driver just dont go to big of #'s
Old 10-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: callin all crx w/ jdm frontend intercooled turbo kits and reliability questions also (luvs2spoog

decided to keep my rex so i gotta bring this back up... can i keep my a/c? i want a front mount but i dunno if it'll clear my fog lights and do you have to cut anything while installin the turbo kit?

can i use a greddy kit?

can someone post pics of their b series rex w/ turbo and a/c thanks alot

i searched no rex has a/c w/ turbo
Old 10-05-2007, 04:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by luvs2spooge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hello im planning to turbo my rex. either the stock sohc motor or the ls i have on the side. which one would you guys use? Depends on the power you want and how much work you want to do

how reliable can it be? depends on the tune

can it be a daily? yes

and can i use an intercooler on my car? (I have jdm fog lights on my front end..) yes

and do i have to cut alot of the grill? depends on the intercooler

thanks..</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by luvs2spooge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">decided to keep my rex so i gotta bring this back up... can i keep my a/c? yes
i want a front mount but i dunno if it'll clear my fog lights and do you have to cut anything while installin the turbo kit? yes

can i use a greddy kit? yes, with modification

can someone post pics of their b series rex w/ turbo and a/c thanks alot there is a thread dedicated to Turboed 88-91 Civics CRXs here
i searched no rex has a/c w/ turbo that is false, there are CRX's w/ turbos A/C and full radiators</TD></TR></TABLE>
There you go
Old 10-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks ill try to find it again..
Old 10-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i';ve tried searching again and i can't find a thing can anyone help?
"
Old 10-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1771468
Old 10-05-2007, 11:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there is not ONE crx w/ a/c in that thread should i just ditch the a/c? a/c is soooo good in the summer time though..
Old 10-06-2007, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by luvs2spooge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there is not ONE crx w/ a/c in that thread should i just ditch the a/c? a/c is soooo good in the summer time though.. </TD></TR></TABLE>
pg. 19
JDM front, full radiator and A/C
Old 10-19-2007, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that is affordable. that kit looks like it costs 3k
Old 10-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by luvs2spooge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that is affordable. that kit looks like it costs 3k </TD></TR></TABLE>
Who said anything about affordable??

I'm doing a "similar" setup for a customer now. Full dual core radiator/B16/CRX.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

We just finished a b16 35r fullrace kit on a crx with a jdm front end. Its using an innovative mounts front crossmember with a 92 to 95 civic radiator. Its a backdoor intercooler that didnt require too much trimming by the grill areas. A small area of the passanger side fog light duct area had to be trimmed to expose some of the intercooler piping.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:48 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MikeySpec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">We just finished a b16 35r fullrace kit on a crx with a jdm front end. Its using an innovative mounts front crossmember with a 92 to 95 civic radiator. Its a backdoor intercooler that didnt require too much trimming by the grill areas. A small area of the passanger side fog light duct area had to be trimmed to expose some of the intercooler piping.</TD></TR></TABLE>

please post pictures.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MikeySpec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">We just finished a b16 35r fullrace kit on a crx with a jdm front end. Its using an innovative mounts front crossmember with a 92 to 95 civic radiator. Its a backdoor intercooler that didnt require too much trimming by the grill areas. A small area of the passanger side fog light duct area had to be trimmed to expose some of the intercooler piping .</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have fog lights
Old 10-19-2007, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BTW, I just have to say...you have one SICK CRX my freind! Keep it nice and klean!

I actually just picked up an EF8 front bumper for my CRX, and just plan on cutting out part of the back to fit the IC. I'm also getting the IC anodized black to keep the nice and clean EF8 look.

If your willing to ditch the full-length rad, and A/C check out my CRX/EF specific manifold designs (sig). If not, I think the greddy kit would be a great option to look into.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:54 AM

really nice car man i love crx's keep it clean one day i predict they will be extinct
Old 10-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1sickEJ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1sickEJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">really nice car man i love crx's keep it clean one day i predict they will be extinct</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks alot... i think they already are extinct? i wanna put a b16 turbo in mine.. and keep a/c but its so hard..
Old 10-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (luvs2spooge)

Damn it I miss my SiR front ended CRX They are so damn sick...I should've kept mine.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RC000E)

yea i hope i keep this car im planning to put the ls i have on the side in and turbo it.. and really want to keep my a/c have you guyz seen a b series greddy kit w0rk on a rex?
Old 10-20-2007, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by luvs2spooge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea i hope i keep this car im planning to put the ls i have on the side in and turbo it.. and really want to keep my a/c have you guyz seen a b series greddy kit w0rk on a rex?</TD></TR></TABLE>
The mani and DP will work fine from the Greddy kit. The coldside piping will also work(dependig on which kit it is) . You would just need to remake the hotside.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Autoworks)

i saw an apexi kit in a rex wonder if that would work..
Old 10-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by luvs2spooge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i saw an apexi kit in a rex wonder if that would work..</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ya i got similar problems.. i got jdm front end, n jdm fog lights.. ne way 2 get around w/my turbo d16 i got full race traction bars n half rad.. wut shoud i do?
Old 10-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Swipe'd)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2061649

and

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2042776

my webhost isnt having a good day, so if the pics dont load try again tomorrow.

Modified by Turbo Dan at 8:44 PM 10/24/2007
Old 10-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Turbo Dan)

get a small intercooler and do your best to tuck it in. heres my crx its going to be mostly a track car so function&gt;form

Quick Reply: callin all crx w/ jdm frontend intercooled turbo kits and reliability questions also