Notices

Calibrating Techedge with Hondata......A/F's are off between Display and Hondata...Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calibrating Techedge with Hondata......A/F's are off between Display and Hondata...Help!!

I noticed yesterday that my techedge wideband and my hondata A/F's were off about 1.3-1.5. I tried the diode trick but to no avail. I know there are a bunch of you that have got this to work perfect. I am wanting to know what you did to get it dead on even.

Did you recalibrate using the "Lambda Conversion Table" in ROM editor?

What else can I do?

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wanna know too
Old 05-27-2003, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hybridvteceg)

bump for the same issues with my EMS + FJO... I just keep reading conflicting instructions that always seem to get me in the ballpark but never dead on. I bought some diodes and a multimeter, point me in the right direction please, I'm assuming Hondata and the EMS has somewhat similar methods to calibrate it(O2 signal gain and a voltage table)
Old 05-27-2003, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Calibrating Techedge with Hondata......A/F's are off between Display and Hondata...Help!! (ladys

I would try to tighten up the Conversion Table first. I sent Doug the one from TE, I thought he was going to put it in a future release of RE but....

I noticed on my own setup that the RE is a bit laggy compared to the display. But its close enough.
Old 05-27-2003, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Calibrating Techedge with Hondata......A/F's are off between Display and Hondata...Help!! (ladys

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Doodoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would try to tighten up the Conversion Table first. I sent Doug the one from TE, I thought he was going to put it in a future release of RE but....

I noticed on my own setup that the RE is a bit laggy compared to the display. But its close enough.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I PM'd you.
Old 05-28-2003, 03:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump for the morning crew.
Old 05-28-2003, 05:40 PM
Corr Performance Pilot

bump forthe night crew
Old 05-28-2003, 06:04 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: (MouhadIb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MouhadIb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bump forthe night crew</TD></TR></TABLE>

this is what all that double variable resistor business is that i sent you. its a voltage divider circuit that allows you to sweep the input voltage from 0 - 4v to the display and to the ems (or hondata in this case). this allows you to calibrate the ems (or hondata) against the display so they match.

if i had time i would make a 20 min howto video on how i got mine working. but i just woke up and you know what **** i am going thru at work, well you have an idea anyways.

mase figured it out i wish his car wasnt wrecked he probly doesnt care anymore to talk about it
Old 05-28-2003, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (falconGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by falconGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

this is what all that double variable resistor business is that i sent you. its a voltage divider circuit that allows you to sweep the input voltage from 0 - 4v to the display and to the ems (or hondata in this case). this allows you to calibrate the ems (or hondata) against the display so they match.

if i had time i would make a 20 min howto video on how i got mine working. but i just woke up and you know what **** i am going thru at work, well you have an idea anyways.

mase figured it out i wish his car wasnt wrecked he probly doesnt care anymore to talk about it
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Whoa, I want to know too!!
Whenever you wake up.
Old 05-28-2003, 06:11 PM
What is this crap?

Default Re: (ladysman)

http://www.turbomafia.com/Artu...2.jpg

http://www.turbomafia.com/Artu...n.gif
Old 05-29-2003, 07:11 AM
Corr Performance Pilot

Default Re: (falconGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by falconGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>
I really just need to know where to hook these things upto. I figured out that they were pots and were used to alter some sort of current or voltage. its just the fact on how to hook it up and what settings to have on it or what settings to get it to that i'm trying to find out the answers from. I know that you're always in deep **** at work. hehehhe. If you could let me know the hookup points and what to adjsut it to then that would be basically all I need!!! Thanks Joe!!
Old 05-29-2003, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I had the same issue, Heres what I did to fix it:

1. in the AEM software setup-&gt;sensor setup -&gt;o2 sensor -&gt;AFR1 graph.
2. Bring up Setup -&gt; Parameters engine.
3. When running the car move the graph so that it matches the display.

steve

I'll post my parms when I get home.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:21 AM
What is this crap?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by salt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had the same issue, Heres what I did to fix it:

steve

I'll post my parms when I get home.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats all i am doing here, except i manually control the voltage coming out of the techedge so i can finely calibrate this map in the aem
Old 05-29-2003, 07:56 AM
Corr Performance Pilot

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MouhadIb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I really just need to know where to hook these things up to. its just the fact on how to hook it up and what settings to have on it or what settings to get it to that i'm trying to find out the answers from. If someone could let me know the hookup points and what to adjsut it to then that would be basically all I need!!! Thanks </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-29-2003, 07:58 AM
Corr Performance Pilot

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by salt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had the same issue, Heres what I did to fix it:

steve

I'll post my parms when I get home.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks steve!
Old 05-29-2003, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MouhadIb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Quote, originally posted by MouhadIb »

I really just need to know where to hook these things up to. </TD></TR></TABLE>

when you install the TE WB02 you unplug the factor sensor. I had a broken honda o2 sensor so I cut the sensor off and kept the pigtail. then I unscrewed the 9pin that goes into the TE box. I soldered a wire to #7 (in addition to the wire TE had soldered on there.) I then ran that wire to the white wire on the factory 4 wire pigtail. then it showed up as voltage in my AEM in paramete AFR#1.

hope that helps.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:41 AM
Corr Performance Pilot

Default Re: (salt)

check your PM steve. thanks.
Old 05-29-2003, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have this same problem too, where rom editor shows about 1-1.5 afr higher then my TE display. i check the voltages at the TE output and TE display and it doesn't correspond to what i have shown in rom editor. im gonna double check my grounds again and if that doesnt work, ill try the voltage divider circuit mentioned above.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sparkz)

I have/had the same problem but kind of gave up on trying to figure it out because I got lazy. Basically the voltage being read by the hondata was off slightly compared to the voltage being outputted by the techedge. Like you guys said, it reads like a point or more leaner. If someone wouldn't mind sending some info my way I'd appreciate it. Does anyone know WHY it reads a different voltage? I forget what I did a while ago when I was playing w/ the grounds and something was strange but it was a while ago. Thanks.

-Mike
Old 05-31-2003, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sparkz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have this same problem too, where rom editor shows about 1-1.5 afr higher then my TE display. i check the voltages at the TE output and TE display and it doesn't correspond to what i have shown in rom editor. im gonna double check my grounds again and if that doesnt work, ill try the voltage divider circuit mentioned above.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did the changing the ground work?
Old 06-09-2003, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i finally got my setup to work. i double checked all my grounds and all are in place. the only changes i made were on the wb output back into the ecu. i used pin 7 from the display as the wb output and took the ground directly from the input instead of pin 6. i also removed the diode i plced earlier near the plug.
Old 06-09-2003, 08:25 PM
New User

what do you mean?

i just parallel the input to the display and run those to my input to my ecu (hondata). i get the same variation in voltages as described.
Old 06-10-2003, 03:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sparkz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i finally got my setup to work. i double checked all my grounds and all are in place. the only changes i made were on the wb output back into the ecu. i used pin 7 from the display as the wb output and took the ground directly from the input instead of pin 6. i also removed the diode i plced earlier near the plug.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just like Gruvy said, I don't know what you are talking about either. I have the wires from pin 7 and 6 going directly to the ECU. I am not sure what you mean by "took the ground directly from the input instead of pin 6". Please elaborate for all us TE users!!!

PIctures or drawings would help. Thanks.

Old 06-10-2003, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ladysman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Just like Gruvy said, I don't know what you are talking about either. I have the wires from pin 7 and 6 going directly to the ECU. I am not sure what you mean by "took the ground directly from the input instead of pin 6". Please elaborate for all us TE users!!!

PIctures or drawings would help. Thanks.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok i meant on the cable that powers your wb (the power and ground). i took the ground from there instead of pin 6 and the for the wb vout, i used pin 7 of the display.

what i did was put my multimeter on pin d14 on the ecu (o2 sensor input) and tried several different grounds as ground reference and when i grounded to where i took my 12v source and ground from (cigarette lighter) the voltages within rom editor and my multimetered agreed.
Old 06-10-2003, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GruvyTune)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GruvyTune &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what do you mean?

i just parallel the input to the display and run those to my input to my ecu (hondata). i get the same variation in voltages as described.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So, you run an additional wire from the display cable connector to the o2 input in the ECU?

Would you mind giving us your specific voltage-&gt;lambda mapping that you use in your romeditor? I can't decide on a good way to split the values given on techedge's site (because there are simply fewer available cells to enver voltage-&gt;afr values in the romeditor software than given on the techedge site). (That is, you using v1.0 because I guess the v1.5 mapping is linear)

Quick Reply: Calibrating Techedge with Hondata......A/F's are off between Display and Hondata...Help!!