Notices

Buying hondata-what should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying hondata-what should I get?

I am buying an old stage 3 hondata off of the web. It will be used on my pw0 ecu to tune my b16. I was just curious as to what all I should be getting when I purchase this. This is the list I have so far

-The big rom chip, and a smaller chip
-Laptop cable
-Blue box
-Jumper cables for launch control (????)

What else will there be?

TIA

Edit-just found out that the button for the 3 step is broken, can I use any push button switch to set them?

Aaron
Old 11-17-2005, 07:22 AM

why would you buy something oudated? Just buy a hondata s300 and you'll be way happier. Or you can buy mine for the right price.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TheKingPin)

s300 all the way it is a great system for what you pay for. Call if you need a price we have them in stock 503-256-3278
Old 11-17-2005, 08:58 AM

Default Re: (10secivic)

s300 is the way to go
Old 11-17-2005, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bnut510)

buy my s200b with datalogging, chip burner, p28 all all cables for 350 shipped
Old 11-17-2005, 06:55 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheKingPin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why would you buy something oudated? Just buy a hondata s300 and you'll be way happier. Or you can buy mine for the right price.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheKingPin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">s300 all the way it is a great system for what you pay for. Call if you need a price we have them in stock 503-256-3278</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheKingPin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">s300 is the way to go </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheKingPin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">buy my s200b with datalogging, chip burner, p28 all all cables for 350 shipped</TD></TR></TABLE>

Holy ****! You guys are right, what the hell am I thinking!!! I never even actually thought about buying hondata that doesn't work with my ECU, and requires a jumper harness, new ecu, different dizzy, and a different 02 sensor, Just to tune!! Wow.

Thanks for the Help!!!

Old 11-17-2005, 09:14 PM

Default Re: Buying hondata-what should I get? (AaronJ)

Buy the S300b dont buy the outdated version.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Buying hondata-what should I get? (SuperSi)

AEM ems
Old 11-18-2005, 01:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Buying hondata-what should I get? (LSTEG96)

Should get a zdyne gold..I know it wont work with a pw0 but you can find old pr4 or pm6 ecus dirt cheap sometimes even free now days because all the fools are converting to obd1 and running hondata..
Old 11-18-2005, 03:19 AM

When i said buy mine - i meant buy my ecu......

If you don't know already, the hondata sits inside the ecu - and as long as you have OBDI - you can just plug it in................

Its called CONVERTING ecus............

There are no cables or any bullshit - just one usb cable you can plug in to connect the computer. I'm pretty sure when you buy the hondata,you have the option of purchasing it with the ecu or not. Buy mine - make an offer. I got mine about two months ago maybe. But its great.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:35 AM

Common guys, I already know what I'm getting, and It is going to be one of the old hondata stage 3 units so that it works with my current ecu. It is the cheapest and easiest way to tune my car, and also get a 2 step with it. I didn't ask what EMS I should run, or if I wanted to buy anybodies in here. I don't know if anyone noticed the sarcasm I had in my previous post, since 9 people have posted, and the only thing anybody said was "don't buy that, buy this".

-For those of you that suck, or just can't read, I am asking what I should be looking for when purchasing one of these units. As in, what will all be included. And also, If I can just replace the push button with any push button switch.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:47 AM

Default Re: (AaronJ)

Hondata is fuking retarded and a waste of money...

Chip your ECU with Uberdata/Crome (free) or if you want to spend a little money get Neptune.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:33 AM

Default Re: (beerbongskickass)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beerbongskickass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hondata is fuking retarded and a waste of money...

Chip your ECU with Uberdata/Crome (free) or if you want to spend a little money get Neptune.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude, seriously. Neither uberdata, crome, or neptune support obd0. I really don't give a **** what people think I should run. The only option for obd0 tuning with boost maps is BRE and the old hondata stage 2,3,4 kits.

Now can anybody actually answer the question, instead of being a fucktard?
Old 11-18-2005, 11:17 AM

Turbo EDIT supports obd0... bitch.

Or you can just convert to obd1 like everybody else.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:32 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beerbongskickass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Turbo EDIT supports obd0... bitch.

Or you can just convert to obd1 like everybody else.</TD></TR></TABLE>

TE doesn't support pr3 or pw0 boost maps whatsoever, in order to run that ****, I would have to get a pm6, and do all that gay **** to engage vtec. I would rather have my engine and electronics be the way they were from the factory.

BTW-people who convert to obd0 are just throwing away cash, a converion, plus hondata, plus dyno time, would equal about 1500 bucks. And also, CAN ANYONE ANSWER ANY OF MY ACTUAL QUESTIONS
Old 11-18-2005, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beerbongskickass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hondata is fuking retarded and a waste of money...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

......Hondata is fukin retarted and a waste of money,
when Retarted Fukin People don't know what there Fukin Doing.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:59 PM

Hey you ******* ****** - instead of spending days and days waiting for someone to feed you your ******* answer - just do a ******* search. There are millions of ******* posts like this - bitch. We're not your ******* mother.........be a big boy and do the searching your self. Stupid bitch *** getting mad when we offer our opinions - bitch. Get the ******* answer you're looking for by searching. It'll take seriously 5 minutes - you've wasted days with this ******* thread.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:34 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheKingPin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey you ******* ****** - instead of spending days and days waiting for someone to feed you your ******* answer - just do a ******* search. There are millions of ******* posts like this - bitch. We're not your ******* mother.........be a big boy and do the searching your self. Stupid bitch *** getting mad when we offer our opinions - bitch. Get the ******* answer you're looking for by searching. It'll take seriously 5 minutes - you've wasted days with this ******* thread.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You, my friend, have herpes!

BTW, your "opinion" my ***. I asked what I would be getting when buying hondata stage 3, and you responded.....Buy my hondata! GTFO of my thread noob!

Old 11-19-2005, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheKingPin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey you ******* ****** - instead of spending days and days waiting for someone to feed you your ******* answer - just do a ******* search. There are millions of ******* posts like this - bitch. We're not your ******* mother.........be a big boy and do the searching your self. Stupid bitch *** getting mad when we offer our opinions - bitch. Get the ******* answer you're looking for by searching. It'll take seriously 5 minutes - you've wasted days with this ******* thread.</TD></TR></TABLE>

....no need to get violent. i think this response qualifies u for anger managment
lol.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:24 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AaronJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You, my friend, have herpes!

BTW, your "opinion" my ***. I asked what I would be getting when buying hondata stage 3, and you responded.....Buy my hondata! GTFO of my thread noob!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well learn how to make correct thread titles. Here are your words.....
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AaronJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> "Buying Hondata - What should I get?" </TD></TR></TABLE>

But everything is cool. GO to hondata.com - i'm sure they'll have all of the answers there.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:27 AM

Default Re: (boostfeen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostfeen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

....no need to get violent. i think this response qualifies u for anger managment
lol. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah I know. I do have a problem...........but thats why i'm the KingPin.