Notices

Burns Stainless Ultra light mufflers Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burns Stainless Ultra light mufflers Question

Has anyone used a Burns Stainless Ultra light muffler? Just wondered how they sound? It doesn't look like there is anything to them....
Old 12-17-2005, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Burns Stainless Ultra light mufflers Question (Split Image Prez)

They don't do much for muffling sound, they're designed to be light weight and pass tech in classes where mufflers are required. Basically, they'll be a little bit quieter than no muffler at all.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Burns Stainless Ultra light mufflers Question (tony1)

That's what I was thinking... I was just going to use it for my new setup... I was going to do a side exit and have that muffler welded on....
Old 12-17-2005, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Burns Stainless Ultra light mufflers Question (Split Image Prez)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Split Image Prez &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's what I was thinking... I was just going to use it for my new setup... I was going to do a side exit and have that muffler welded on....</TD></TR></TABLE>
i am doing the same exact thing with the 6" muffler
Old 12-17-2005, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Burns Stainless Ultra light mufflers Question (h22 civic)

What about magnaflows 14163 4" stainless muffler? Are these ok for actual street cars? I've seen them on Full-Race's civic and AMS evo...
Old 12-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Burns Stainless Ultra light mufflers Question (h22 civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h22 civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i am doing the same exact thing with the 6" muffler</TD></TR></TABLE>
did you get a quote from them? What ID are you going w/? I'm going w/ a 3" inner... But the shortest was 12". I wonder if it'll quit it more being 6" longer then what you're wanting... ?
Old 12-17-2005, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Burns Stainless Ultra light mufflers Question (Justin Olson)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Justin Olson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Are these ok for actual street cars? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Who says what's ok and what's not?
Old 12-17-2005, 10:44 PM
New User

Default Re: Burns Stainless Ultra light mufflers Question (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Who says what's ok and what's not? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Local Law Enforcement! lol Here in VA , ANY exhaust modification is ILLEGAL the way the Law reads.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Burns Stainless Ultra light mufflers Question (Boostfed.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Local Law Enforcement! lol Here in VA , ANY exhaust modification is ILLEGAL the way the Law reads. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ARE YOU SERIOUS??!!! Oh my gosh, that sucks. That's worse then California. I didn't think there was anything worse then Cali. LOL
Old 12-18-2005, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Local Law Enforcement! lol Here in VA , ANY exhaust modification is ILLEGAL the way the Law reads. </TD></TR></TABLE>

No wonder... that last summer I went to VA, all the car that I see with a after market exhaust have a silencer with it. I did ask me friend why and he tell me the same thing just like Terry said .
Old 12-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Local Law Enforcement! lol Here in VA , ANY exhaust modification is ILLEGAL the way the Law reads. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Same with Florida, I got pulled over about 5 years ago by some 60 year old State Trooper who pulled out the law book and asked me "Can you read son?" then proceeded to show me the line that stated "ANY modification of the stock exhaust is prohibited" or something to that extent. Funny thing is the comment he made after making me read that line. He goes "Some people have one muffler, some people have 2, you done gone and put 4 mufflers on yours." (I had on a dual exhaust w/dtm mufflers on my accord so it had 4 tips.) Needless to say, I got a ticket for it.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:44 AM

Im gonna run that magnaflow but Im gonna put a Morrosso spiral flow inline to keep sound better, possable e-cut out if needed too.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:10 AM

Default Re: (SOHCmaster)

I bought there titanium muffler 14" long. On the small cam the car is really mellow like a gsxr 1000 with a pipe. When the vtec engages its another story. Sound like open headers. However, I have a t3 turbo so the sound is different. There no raspyness or tin can sound.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Burns Stainless Ultra light mufflers Question (areyouasian)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by areyouasian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Funny thing is the comment he made after making me read that line. He goes "Some people have one muffler, some people have 2, you done gone and put 4 mufflers on yours." (I had on a dual exhaust w/dtm mufflers on my accord so it had 4 tips.) Needless to say, I got a ticket for it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL aaaahahahahahahaaaa... YOu gone dun an put fo' mufflurs on yers.... LOL that's funny
Old 12-18-2005, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Local Law Enforcement! lol Here in VA , ANY exhaust modification is ILLEGAL the way the Law reads. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Heh.. Im going to drive on the street with a 4 inch/Burns muffler.. You cant even see it so... how can you tell if it is modified?
Old 12-20-2005, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Burns Stainless Ultra light mufflers Question (Dublocivic)

What diameter is it? and how much will it be? I'de like something like a 4-6" length but 3" ID