Notices

Bullseye Power Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bullseye Power Turbo

I originally decided on a Garrett T3/T04E 50 trim, .63 Stage 3 turbine for my B18c Integra turbo project. Just the basic street set-up using a log manifold with no more than 300 WHP.
I came across a used Bullseye Power t3/to4e turbo, .50 trim, .55a/r turbine, stage5 wheel. That is all the specs I have so far. Anyone know what the specific model number of this turbo is? I'm not familiar with the Bullseye line but how does this turbo compare to the Garrett with the stage 3 turbine. I know the .55ar turbine for the B18c may be a bit restrictive but with streetability in mind, I'm fine with losing some top end. I'm hoping boost response should be very good too.

Here some pics:

I believe the turbine housing is stainless with a ceramic coating:

http://repo.jackmoves.com/v/justin/4...03998.JPG.html
http://repo.jackmoves.com/v/justin/4...03997.JPG.html
http://repo.jackmoves.com/v/justin/4...03994.JPG.html
Old 06-27-2009, 05:25 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Bullseye Power Turbo

The turbine stage 5 will react much more slowly than the current turbo that you have. The Bullseye unit also only contains a 270 degree bearing. For your purposes, I'd stick to what you have, as many times I've had to modify those turbos to have more of the charcteristics that most honda b-series owners in your position search for.

Stop just looking at the housing and concentrate on the turbine wheel.

Stick w/ what you got.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Shodan. I didn't get any notifications on this thread figured it was dead. You always give real advice man. I appreciate that. When you mention the 270 degree bearing, are you referring on how the compressor/turbine housings can be rotated to allow adjustment to fit into various set-ups? Such as the Garrett T3/T4 units that have the 360 degree bearings. Anyway, I assumed the stage 5 wheel may be a bit slower in response but with the smaller .55ar turbine housing it would let the larger wheel size respond a bit quicker compared to a .63ar turbine housing. The turbo pics above was a good deal, but I've used Garrett turbos for the last 5 years so like you said, I should just stick with what I know.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:42 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by mrchris1979
Thanks Shodan. I didn't get any notifications on this thread figured it was dead. You always give real advice man. I appreciate that. When you mention the 270 degree bearing, are you referring on how the compressor/turbine housings can be rotated to allow adjustment to fit into various set-ups? Such as the Garrett T3/T4 units that have the 360 degree bearings. Anyway, I assumed the stage 5 wheel may be a bit slower in response but with the smaller .55ar turbine housing it would let the larger wheel size respond a bit quicker compared to a .63ar turbine housing. The turbo pics above was a good deal, but I've used Garrett turbos for the last 5 years so like you said, I should just stick with what I know.
The degree bearing is simply describing the number of oil passage ports used on the thrust bearing. Most garrett units use a 270 degree anyway. Only specialty companies change them to the 360 degree bearing system.

the BW version you're referring to uses a P-trim wheel, not a stage 5 (different wheel diameter size). even in a .55A/r, with the mismatched 57 trim compressor wheel, will NOT respond the same way as with what you have, especially if under 2.0 litres.