Notices

Built GSR Head onto Built B16a Block.....BOOSTED?????????

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Built GSR Head onto Built B16a Block.....BOOSTED?????????

Ok guys and gals, I've been researching and there's a lots of post about this subject but I can't seem to find an definite answer. Please HT members, help me in any way. Comments, advices, and suggestions are welcome.

Here's the 411:
First, I have an jdm b16a motor. Was planning on just building the block with 81mm je turbo piston, scat rods, king main and rod bearing, arp headstud, unorthodox crank pulley, and kms blockguard that I bought already, slap on B16a stock head.
But I came across an deal I couldn't refuse. Bought an GSR fully built from top to bottom. Only thing wrong is that the block threw an rod, but the head is still good. It has brian crower stage2 turbo cams, valves, retainers, port and polish, and je edelbrock victor x manifold ported to match the head. Vaulue at 1G alone.
The GSR block: Wiseco pistons are still good, three rod are still good, and even has brian crower crankshaft.

Now the questions is, should I just go with my B16a block since I already have the parts for it or get an GSR bare block and swap out everything into it with an new rod. Plus, I'll be going turbo so keep that in mind. Thanks HT, and plaease HELP.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Built GSR Head onto Built B16a Block.....BOOSTED?????????

i have a sleeved b16a2 fully built with a fully built gsr head in my car and love every moment of it. bad side of it b16a2 have the smallest stroke in the b-series family so your gonna have to rev the **** out of it to make some good power. but is a odd combo but like i said mine is solid.