Notices

BUILDING LONGBLOCK 4 BOOST !!!advice appreciated!!! GSR

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUILDING LONGBLOCK 4 BOOST !!!advice appreciated!!! GSR

everyday driver. revhard stage 2c kit. 7lo 15hi boost. apexi afc vortech fmu as managements. - will get hondata with this rebuild.

I currently have a gsr long block. the head is currently stock , the block has

darton open sleeves, with je 9.1 pistons, and crower rods. i believe the block has

been bored to 1.9-2.0L. one of the sleeves (3rd) cylinder dropped on me. bearly

one of the sleeve fell, water got into cylinder 4 and 3 . rod went thru cylinder 1 and theres a hole. - so that blocks to be burried.

i also had many questions about the head. i wanted to know whats the best valvetrain at a decent price. i noticed how they have seat pressure, coatings, alumminum / titanium retainers , valves etc. what would be the best one and most reliable. again at a decent price. i dont think i want a port job as of now.
i do have str cam gears now but its just set at 0 degrees. what would be some good cams to run daily with ?

last question.
i currently have a rev hard kit/ manifold. but i've been eyeing these equal length manifolds from ebay that runs pretty cheap about 200.00. should i stick with the log design ? or would the equal length help me improve my performance ?

Modified by BoostedVtecGsr at 1:11 AM 10/14/2004
Old 10-13-2004, 04:11 PM

Default Re: BUILDING LONGBLOCK 4 BOOST !!!advice appreciated!!! GSR (BoostedVtecGsr)

tttt Helpppppppppppp please
Old 10-14-2004, 12:14 PM

Default Re: BUILDING LONGBLOCK 4 BOOST !!!advice appreciated!!! GSR (BoostedVtecGsr)

for the head, unless you're planning on reving higher than stock rev limit, stay with the stock valve train, and get that port job. w/ turbo... the returns will be very good. i would also say stay w/ your stock gsr cams.
as for the manifold... stay away from the cheap equal length manifolds... usually doesn't work out well, either get the new blox or inline pro manifold. if you really want equal length save up.
do a search on here. i would say build up another bottom end, and with the above, and TUNING should hit 300+ hp easily