Notices

Brother needs his block sleeved.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brother needs his block sleeved.

We currently are living in washington. Thurston county area. No one around here has all the tools that will correctly sleeve his block. He has the sleeves just no one can put them in.

Does anyone know where my brother can get his B18C5 sleeved? hes going 2.0l.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Brother needs his block sleeved. (b00sted-Hatch)

http://www.camp1320.com best prices around
Old 04-16-2007, 05:09 PM

depends wat your hp goal is. for like 400-500 hp i say go w/ benson sleeves, pretty decent price but if ur goal is over 700 i say go w/ one of the top the of the line sleeves, which would be aebs(the solid block) or golden eagle.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Brother needs his block sleeved. (1slwcoupe)

i would say sell your sleeves and just send your block in and get it all done at one place
Old 04-16-2007, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Brother needs his block sleeved. (Dual Cam Racing)

by the time he's done, hes going to want around 650ish whp .my brother just got quoted for 950 at golden eagle. includes sleeving, shipping, and all the labor.

good bad?
Old 04-16-2007, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Brother needs his block sleeved. (Dual Cam Racing)

I wouldnt trust anybody in the washington area to sleeve your motor. It also depends on , if you plan to build the motor yourself. I know intec , here in auburn deals directly with GE or kaizenspeed deals with benson . Between those machine shops you cant go wrong. If your trying to save a little money , you can also look into rs machine , they do it all. Everyone I know locally sends their blocks out of state for reliabilty purposes............Good luck
Old 04-16-2007, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sent it to camp1320 and have it sleeved at GE. 750 to sleeve that block is hard to beat!

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/636369
Old 04-16-2007, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1slwcoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">depends wat your hp goal is. for like 400-500 hp i say go w/ benson sleeves, pretty decent price but if ur goal is over 700 i say go w/ one of the top the of the line sleeves, which would be aebs(the solid block) or golden eagle.</TD></TR></TABLE>lol you are an idiot....benson sleeves are top of the line just like erl,golden eagle etc.....take your brothers block to intec and they will send it out to golden eagle if he doesnt wanna worry about packaging it up or send it to camp1320 or laskey racing or......there are a lot of great options on this site...that is if he is really gonna sleeve it anyway,it wouldnt be the first time you lied on this site
Old 04-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Brother needs his block sleeved. (reactiondc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by reactiondc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol you are an idiot....benson sleeves are top of the line just like erl,golden eagle etc.....take your brothers block to intec and they will send it out to golden eagle if he doesnt wanna worry about packaging it up or send it to camp1320 or laskey racing or......there are a lot of great options on this site...that is if he is really gonna sleeve it anyway,it wouldnt be the first time you lied on this site </TD></TR></TABLE>

tax returns will be big since he has a kid steve. it takes a while for him to do ****. but he is sending it out.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:29 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1slwcoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">depends wat your hp goal is. for like 400-500 hp i say go w/ benson sleeves, pretty decent price but if ur goal is over 700 i say go w/ one of the top the of the line sleeves, which would be aebs(the solid block) or golden eagle.</TD></TR></TABLE>

can you show me a benson sleeve that failed above 500, nevermind can you find me a benson sleeve that has ever failed at any level.

to the OP seems you have made a good decision to send it out. local machines shops are well known for sinking sleeves.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:35 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Brother needs his block sleeved. (mike@synapse motorsport)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1slwcoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">depends wat your hp goal is. for like 400-500 hp i say go w/ benson sleeves, pretty decent price but if ur goal is over 700 i say go w/ one of the top the of the line sleeves, which would be aebs(the solid block) or golden eagle.</TD></TR></TABLE>

OMG here we go again with the sleeves thing again Bensons vs GE blah blah blah
Old 04-17-2007, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Brother needs his block sleeved. (DfwBB6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DfwBB6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

OMG here we go again with the sleeves thing again Bensons vs GE blah blah blah </TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont think it is a debate of sleeves, everyone has agreed ALL of these sleeves are top quality... period.

The problem is the typical one of some random forum member rambling off total misinformation... its obviously not the first time, hence why he is at a 98% rating with only 53 posts.

Whats sad is people dont put more thought into what they are going to post before actually posting it... this is how all the inaccurate information continues to breed.

To the OP: Any of the well known sleevers are top quality and can take care of your brother... Benson (laskey racing), Golden Eagle, AEBS, etc. The post about the Bensons not being preferable over a certain hp is complete and total BS... he obviously was hitting the pipe because many people have made huge power on bensons.

EDIT: here is a prime example (benson sleeved) https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1824653

Modified by twkdCD595 at 9:50 AM 4/17/2007
Old 04-17-2007, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Brother needs his block sleeved. (mike@synapse motorsport)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike@synapse motorsport &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> can you show me a benson sleeve that failed above 500, nevermind can you find me a benson sleeve that has ever failed at any level.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually yes I can..... a friend had a sleeve sink and he was around 750whp....

I am not bashing Benson in anyway because he does great work. But not everyone is perfect .....
Old 04-17-2007, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by reactiondc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol you are an idiot....benson sleeves are top of the line just like erl,golden eagle etc.....take your brothers block to intec and they will send it out to golden eagle if he doesnt wanna worry about packaging it up or send it to camp1320 or laskey racing or......there are a lot of great options on this site...that is if he is really gonna sleeve it anyway,it wouldnt be the first time you lied on this site </TD></TR></TABLE>
ur fool a ****. so ur saying u rather have open block instead of having solid block? i believe u never spend that much money on some sleeves hey?
Old 04-17-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Brother needs his block sleeved. (BoostedEG6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedEG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Actually yes I can..... a friend had a sleeve sink and he was around 750whp....

I am not bashing Benson in anyway because he does great work. But not everyone is perfect ..... </TD></TR></TABLE>

i didn't mean they are perfect, of course there are very rare cases where there have been sleeves sinking or shifting. i just wanted him to show me what he meant when he suggested not using them above 500whp. has anyone ever cracked the sleeves or had an issue specifically due to power on them? i think not.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95exdsmkilla &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
ur fool a ****. so ur saying u rather have open block instead of having solid block? i believe u never spend that much money on some sleeves hey? </TD></TR></TABLE>

the open deck benson sleeves have proven themselves, the proof is in the pudding. so no need to spout about open deck vs closed deck because of some hearsay or statistics about funny cars and big block chevys.

Old 04-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Brother needs his block sleeved. (95exdsmkilla)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95exdsmkilla &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
ur fool a ****. so ur saying u rather have open block instead of having solid block? i believe u never spend that much money on some sleeves hey? </TD></TR></TABLE>lol i have had at least 5 different sleeved blocks ...one darton,one ge and a few by bensons...i have had them all at various power levels and not one time did i ever have a problem with benson sleeves....argue with me all you want newb but like another member has stated" the proof is in the pudding" alot of guys are making huge power with open deck sleeves.......benson sleeves can be just as reliable as any other top quality block ,open deck or not
Old 04-17-2007, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

GE HD sleeves arent really a closed deck solid block. I have one and it works great. no issues.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:35 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ur fool a ****. so ur saying u rather have open block instead of having solid block? i believe u never spend that much money on some sleeves hey? </TD></TR></TABLE>

so where's your proof that benson's open deck sleeves are bad?
Old 04-17-2007, 09:21 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95exdsmkilla &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> so ur saying u rather have open block instead of having solid block? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes I would.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Brother needs his block sleeved. (stealthmode62)

Solid block is stronger assuming all materials are the same. Even if the materials aren't the same, if they are similiar, there is a solid chance the solid deck is going to be stronger. This isn't out of my ***, this is standard pressure vessel calculations. If you start talking about cooling issues and things of that nature, things change, but strength is going to go to the solid deck.

http://www.engineersedge.com/c...p.htm
http://www.gequartz.com/en/too...s.htm
Change the thickness. Keep all other variables the same. Proof is in the math.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Brother needs his block sleeved. (doood)

Sleeves sink due to installer error and vibration, not power level. Humans, even the bright ones, are freaking monkeys. Errors happen.

The alleged GE vs Benson's debate DfwBB6 alludes to is funny to me. Sounds like all the internet experts got sick of arguing about manifolds.

I talked to fairly high profile shop that had three Benson blocks sink sleeves in short order, they now take their business elsewhere.

I talked to another fairly high profile shop who had some rather pointed things to say about GE's business practices trashing other sleeving companies when GE's own **** has failled repeatedly.

For the most part I keep my head down and ignore what everyone says, because frankly most people are stupid and get whatever they are blathering on about completely wrong. I'm sure if I asked around, though, I could find whomever has an axe to grind with AEBS for slights real or imagined, or ERL, etc.

I touch more sleeved blocks through the keys of my laptop than, most likely, anyone else in this thread. I definitely touch more different flavors of sleeved blocks than any Brand-Loyal shop with a brisk tuning trade does. So, I'm going to whip out my massive e-***** and wave it around a bit before ending this argument. Here it comes... *ziii-i-i-iiip* *gasps of admiration* *adoration filled moment of silence*

The first and currently only Honduh/FWD/import to ever win anything on Pinks, after numerous nationally televised embarrassments, has a GE sleeved block. I tuned it and my good friend who owns the car has been flogging the living **** out of it at the track for almost two years now. It's bulletproof. I tuned one of the last (Benson's sleeved) K-engines to pass through Earl Laskey's hands before his passing. It's been flawless, cracked 530 whp, runs like a champ. I approve.

Do I have any opinions on sleeved blocks? Sure I do, don't let the local redneck machine shop install your sleeves. Do I have any opinions on which Brand Name Company to go with for sleeving? Nope, I don't; I see a lot of good work. Do I think the average consumer-level HTer is entitled to an opinon? Nope, I don't; all I see is a lot of bandwagon riding with little tech. Yeah, I said it.

If you are worried about sleeves sinking or other failures maybe you should find another hobby? Failures are going to happen, period. You are cutting the center out of a chunk of oddly shaped and precision machined aluminum and inserting a couple of iron cylinders butted together with a completely different thermal expansion rate, and then expecting it to hold 2+ times stock power output. Yup! Sleeves fail! Regardless of who you go with!

When/if yours do... take a word of advice? When you call the company that did your sleeving don't be an emotional douche about it, and you'll have zero problem with your warranty.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Brother needs his block sleeved. (Joseph Davis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Joseph Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sleeves sink due to installer error and vibration, not power level. Humans, even the bright ones, are freaking monkeys. Errors happen.

The alleged GE vs Benson's debate DfwBB6 alludes to is funny to me. Sounds like all the internet experts got sick of arguing about manifolds.

I talked to fairly high profile shop that had three Benson blocks sink sleeves in short order, they now take their business elsewhere.

I talked to another fairly high profile shop who had some rather pointed things to say about GE's business practices trashing other sleeving companies when GE's own **** has failled repeatedly.

For the most part I keep my head down and ignore what everyone says, because frankly most people are stupid and get whatever they are blathering on about completely wrong. I'm sure if I asked around, though, I could find whomever has an axe to grind with AEBS for slights real or imagined, or ERL, etc.

I touch more sleeved blocks through the keys of my laptop than, most likely, anyone else in this thread. I definitely touch more different flavors of sleeved blocks than any Brand-Loyal shop with a brisk tuning trade does. So, I'm going to whip out my massive e-***** and wave it around a bit before ending this argument. Here it comes... *ziii-i-i-iiip* *gasps of admiration* *adoration filled moment of silence*

The first and currently only Honduh/FWD/import to ever win anything on Pinks, after numerous nationally televised embarrassments, has a GE sleeved block. I tuned it and my good friend who owns the car has been flogging the living **** out of it at the track for almost two years now. It's bulletproof. I tuned one of the last (Benson's sleeved) K-engines to pass through Earl Laskey's hands before his passing. It's been flawless, cracked 530 whp, runs like a champ. I approve.

Do I have any opinions on sleeved blocks? Sure I do, don't let the local redneck machine shop install your sleeves. Do I have any opinions on which Brand Name Company to go with for sleeving? Nope, I don't; I see a lot of good work. Do I think the average consumer-level HTer is entitled to an opinon? Nope, I don't; all I see is a lot of bandwagon riding with little tech. Yeah, I said it.

If you are worried about sleeves sinking or other failures maybe you should find another hobby? Failures are going to happen, period. You are cutting the center out of a chunk of oddly shaped and precision machined aluminum and inserting a couple of iron cylinders butted together with a completely different thermal expansion rate, and then expecting it to hold 2+ times stock power output. Yup! Sleeves fail! Regardless of who you go with!

When/if yours do... take a word of advice? When you call the company that did your sleeving don't be an emotional douche about it, and you'll have zero problem with your warranty. </TD></TR></TABLE>agreed...this really shouldnt have turned into a which sleeve is better thread...there are alot of very good sleeving companies on this site....but like anything in racing there will all be failures,just pick the one you feel the most comfortable with and run it
Old 04-17-2007, 10:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by reactiondc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">agreed...this really shouldnt have turned into a which sleeve is better thread...there are alot of very good sleeving companies on this site....but like anything in racing there will all be failures,just pick the one you feel the most comfortable with and run it </TD></TR></TABLE>

and i think my broter is giong to go with GE. with je pistons and carillo or eagle h-beam rods. sound good for a bottom end?
Old 04-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by reactiondc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">agreed...this really shouldnt have turned into a which sleeve is better thread...there are alot of very good sleeving companies on this site....but like anything in racing there will all be failures,just pick the one you feel the most comfortable with and run it </TD></TR></TABLE>

Pretty much.

With all of this competition in the Honda sleeving market it's going to be pretty damn hard to keep the doors open if you freaking suck at what you do. Silly people insinuating that successful companies that have been established for years just plain suck are... well, silly.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Default Re: Brother needs his block sleeved. (Joseph Davis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Joseph Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The first and currently only Honduh/FWD/import to ever win anything on Pinks, after numerous nationally televised embarrassments, has a GE sleeved block. I</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ummm...are you talking about the red CRX from HASport? I thought Geoff talked about how they ran an old stock GSR block they found at the IAS junkyard...

Quick Reply: Brother needs his block sleeved.