Notices

bought a greddy profec b-spec 1 and i have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bought a greddy profec b-spec 1 and i have a few questions

I purchased a profec b and there are no vac lines or the "filter" included. Do i really need that filter and where can i get it from? Right now i have an mbc in my car and I can't find any diagrams of how to use the ebc. I found a few posts while searching, but none of the pics were working, so if anybody has anything to help me out, id appreciatte it. Also, the greddy site has no installation instructions for the spec 1, on the spec 2 and profec a. TIA
Old 07-03-2005, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: bought a greddy profec b-spec 1 and i have a few questions (PA MATT)

You also got the solinoid box for under the hood and a bunch of wire harnesses correct? The IN side on that comes from a good vacuum source, the OUT side goes the wastegate.
For the actual unit that goes in the car needs a vacuum source aswell (the one with the filter) but iam not sure if the filter is needed or not.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: bought a greddy profec b-spec 1 and i have a few questions (Cee_mon)

yes, i have the solenoid, the control unit, the ground and power wire, the wires to the box, etc. The only missing items are the vacuum lines and the filter. Does anybody know where I could get one of those? So for the IN side I can use the source my mbc uses and the same one for the line to the unit or no?
Old 07-04-2005, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: bought a greddy profec b-spec 1 and i have a few questions (PA MATT)

ttt
Old 07-04-2005, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The IN side can come from any vacuum source...ie intake manifold
The OUT side goes to the wastegate on the turbo.

And like i said before, on the unit that goes inside the car also needs a vacuum source.
I suggest you get a vacuum manifold like mine to supply the needed vacuum.

And here is you can follow the lines to give you an idea....The solinod box is on the shock tower on the passenger side.

Hope it helps...
Old 07-04-2005, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PA MATT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes, i have the solenoid, the control unit, the ground and power wire, the wires to the box, etc. The only missing items are the vacuum lines and the filter. Does anybody know where I could get one of those? So for the IN side I can use the source my mbc uses and the same one for the line to the unit or no?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The vac lines you could easily get at a auto hardware store. For the filter, go to your local harware store and ask for the smallest inline filter they have for air hoses (for a compressor)