Notices

Boosting Integra Tomorrow! Just need some quick answers.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 07:15 PM
pub
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boosting Integra Tomorrow! Just need some quick answers.

Finished install almost. Few more things. I know I could figure them out myself - but would rather have straight forward answers to have things go smoothly.

1. I need to hook up all of the vacuum lines. I have no boost controller, just going straight off the wastegate spring. I have 3 boost sources that I know of. My FPR, the source off the Intake Mani, and a spot off my charge pipe (where the PCV system usually is). I don't know where the brake booster is although I hear many people use that as another source. Trying to keep the vacuum lines as short and responsive as possible. Where should I tap for my

• wastegate
• BOV
• boost gauge

2. Routing the boost gauge line. Where is a good place to route it toward the gauge cluster? Keep in mind where the source is. I don't have AC so I could probably route it through there - but I want to keep it short and responsive. Any other ideas would be great.

3. Gapping spark plugs. Stupid question but: How the hell do you close the gap on those suckers? They're darn stiff.

4. I'm running the SAFC hack. Installed the DSM injectors today and I pray they don't leak. Also running a 255lph Walbro Intank pump. My pressure is a constant -760mm/kg. Wiring of the SAFC looks fine. Are there any settings I might have to change in order to get this working better?

..and would any of you be available tomorrow? It would be great if anyone was on AIM or something so I could have easy access to coming across these stupid problems.

Hopefully I can post pictures tomorrow of the completed project.
Here's pictures of what I have so far:
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=465071
Old 05-21-2003, 07:23 PM

There is a huge unused grommet beside the battery that you could use for the boost gauge.

Did the DSM injectors need a resistor box of some sort?
Old 05-21-2003, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Boosting Integra Tomorrow! Just need some quick answers. (pub)

1) Some say don't tee off more than 2 things on the same source. I would tap everything off the FPR line if possible. My boost gauge and BOV is tapped into FPR line, works great. The wastegate on mine is tapped into the turbo nipple...yours doesn't have one?

2) My boost gauge VAC line runs from the FPR line through a hole in the firewall to the gauge

3) Use your thumb ya girly man.

4) I don't know. I'm running stock fuel pump with a B&M FPR. 40psi idle fuel pressure and roughly around 50 when im nailing it. My VAFC is set at -38 across the board. Idles and works fine with 450cc injectors.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
pub
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Boosting Integra Tomorrow! Just need some quick answers. (si_mekanik)

Yeah. I have to wire in the resistor box tomorrow as well. Thanks.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:30 PM
big strong guy

Default Re: Boosting Integra Tomorrow! Just need some quick answers. (pub)

You can run the Boost Guage through were the Thottle cable goes into Cockpit!

The brake Booster is the Big Black Round thing on the Firewall of the driver side, It has a hose that runs into the Manifold!

Buy a Little Spark Plug Gapping tool (has measurments on it and cost like .99 cents, usually a key chain) You just slide the tool around till desired thckness and your Set!!

Good luck,

Eric
Old 05-21-2003, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Boosting Integra Tomorrow! Just need some quick answers. (rainmanEK)

you can gap them tighter by tapping them on anything that is non-abrasive, like a table top.