BoostedHatchFreaks-96 Hatch Build

 
Old 07-01-2019, 08:25 PM
  #1  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
BoostHatchFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Nor cal
Posts: 125
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BoostedHatchFreaks-96 Hatch Build

hey guys been lurking on here for awhile just finally made a account a little while ago. finally doing my hatch back up again after 2 years without being boosted. had some questions I need some answers to to get going on this car. first ive read that BorgWarner s366sx3 you don't need a restrictor but is a 3an enough line? or do you have to have 4an? also already have 2200cc bosch injectors with hondata or Neptune will they run good enough to drive in town on ? or do I need to step down injector size? goal for the car is 500-550whp (E85) for now til I get the cobwebs delt with on the car. thanks for the help in advance guys.

Last edited by BoostHatchFreak; 07-01-2019 at 10:11 PM.
BoostHatchFreak is offline  
Old 07-01-2019, 09:45 PM
  #2  
Honda-Tech Member
 
Txdragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,234
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: BoostedHatchFreaks-96 Hatch Build

Originally Posted by BoostHatchFreak View Post
hey guys been lurking on here for awhile just finally made a account a little while ago. finally doing my hatch back up again after 2 years without being boosted. had some questions I need some answers to to get going on this car. first ive read that BorgWarner s366sx3 you don't need a restrictor but is a 3an enough line? or do you have to have 4an? also already have 2200cc bosch injectors with hondata or Neptune will they run good enough to drive in town on ? or do I need to step down injector size? goal for the car is 500-550whp for now til I get the cobwebs delt with on the car. thanks for the help in advance guys.
-3AN is just fine if you're not running a restrictor. 2200cc is major overkill for 500whp, even if you're running E85 but, it will provide plenty cushion. You can daily drive on em no problem, providing they're properly set up. Don't forget though that you'll have to sweep out your cobwebs pre-boost and then chase away gremlins post-boost. Lol!
Txdragon is offline  
Old 07-01-2019, 10:09 PM
  #3  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
BoostHatchFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Nor cal
Posts: 125
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: BoostedHatchFreaks-96 Hatch Build

thanks for the input. but what do you mean by proplerly set up? ya only got them cause a friend was parting out his build. I ran 1000cc grams last time ( b20 gt30 10psi e85 320aem pump and was already at 72% duty) so with that being around 300whp I figured 2200's should fit. but willing to go smaller if needed.
BoostHatchFreak is offline  
Old 07-02-2019, 03:27 AM
  #4  
2x0
Honda-Tech Member
 
2x0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rochester, MN
Posts: 1,989
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: BoostedHatchFreaks-96 Hatch Build

You'll still want to run a restrictor with -3 feed line. .060" for journal bearing.

2200's will work fine for you with E85, might run a little rich at idle but it is better to have the extra wiggle room. 1000/1200cc's will be too small for your goal, and there are only a few 1600cc options on the market that are quite expensive.
2x0 is offline  
Old 07-02-2019, 03:48 AM
  #5  
Honda-Tech Member
 
Autoworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: GO AUTOWORKS DOT COM
Posts: 10,987
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: BoostedHatchFreaks-96 Hatch Build

Originally Posted by 2x0 View Post
You'll still want to run a restrictor with -3 feed line. .060" for journal bearing.
Not for the Borg, you can run -3, no restrictor, clear path drain line (5/8, -10, or larger), and proper ventillation on the motor.
Autoworks is offline  
Old 07-02-2019, 05:50 AM
  #6  
Honda-Tech Member
 
Txdragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,234
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: BoostedHatchFreaks-96 Hatch Build

Originally Posted by BoostHatchFreak View Post
thanks for the input. but what do you mean by proplerly set up? ya only got them cause a friend was parting out his build. I ran 1000cc grams last time ( b20 gt30 10psi e85 320aem pump and was already at 72% duty) so with that being around 300whp I figured 2200's should fit. but willing to go smaller if needed.
"Properly set up" refers to programmed dead times, crank trim, etc. 2200 is A LOT of injector to work with on a daily, providing you're intending DD. Your injector duty cycle has a good deal to do with your fuel pump as well.
300whp @72% DC on 1ks with the AEM 320 says your pump was giving you grief. UNLESS that was E85 also?

Originally Posted by Autoworks View Post
Not for the Borg, you can run -3, no restrictor, clear path drain line (5/8, -10, or larger), and proper ventillation on the motor.
^^
Txdragon is offline  
Old 07-02-2019, 08:41 AM
  #7  
Honda-Tech Member
 
K7-1Ktrevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Salem, Or
Posts: 5,051
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: BoostedHatchFreaks-96 Hatch Build

My id1000's made 440whp on pump at 82% duty cycle.

if they are id2200's they will work well. They tune fairly easily and you'll never need to upgrade them. Like 2x0 said 1000's are too small for that kind of power on e85, 1200's would probably be at their limit or just past it.
K7-1Ktrevor is offline  
Old 07-02-2019, 08:57 AM
  #8  
Honda-Tech Member
 
maxwellmercer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: LoadedForBear,IL
Posts: 2,135
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: BoostedHatchFreaks-96 Hatch Build

Originally Posted by K7-1Ktrevor View Post
My id1000's made 440whp on pump at 82% duty cycle.

if they are id2200's they will work well. They tune fairly easily and you'll never need to upgrade them. Like 2x0 said 1000's are too small for that kind of power on e85, 1200's would probably be at their limit or just past it.
Which fuel pump?

I made 490whp on e85 with ID1000 and AEM 340 pump, duty was around 90-93% I believe.
maxwellmercer is offline  
Old 07-02-2019, 01:09 PM
  #9  
Moderator
iTrader: (12)
 
TheShodan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: City of Wind, IL, USA
Posts: 23,418
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: BoostedHatchFreaks-96 Hatch Build

Originally Posted by 2x0 View Post
You'll still want to run a restrictor with -3 feed line. .060" for journal bearing.

2200's will work fine for you with E85, might run a little rich at idle but it is better to have the extra wiggle room. 1000/1200cc's will be too small for your goal, and there are only a few 1600cc options on the market that are quite expensive.
On an SX366 Borg-Warner, you actually don't want to run that size of a restrictor due to the very large turbine shaft and bearings that are housed in this sized turbocharger. I would run a -4AN oil feed using no smaller than a .080" restrictor and that's ONLY if oil pressure is over 100psi at cold start.

Originally Posted by Go-Autoworks
Not for the Borg, you can run -3, no restrictor, clear path drain line (5/8, -10, or larger), and proper ventillation on the motor.
This can also work. -3AN w/ no restrictor , or -4AN with .080" restrictor w/ anything over 100psi at cold start. Otherwise, no restrictor for a Honda that uses a stock oil pump.



.
TheShodan is offline  
Old 07-02-2019, 02:01 PM
  #10  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
BoostHatchFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Nor cal
Posts: 125
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: BoostedHatchFreaks-96 Hatch Build

Originally Posted by Autoworks View Post
Not for the Borg, you can run -3, no restrictor, clear path drain line (5/8, -10, or larger), and proper ventillation on the motor.
Yes I have -10 planned for drain
BoostHatchFreak is offline  
Old 07-02-2019, 02:01 PM
  #11  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
BoostHatchFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Nor cal
Posts: 125
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: BoostedHatchFreaks-96 Hatch Build

Originally Posted by Txdragon View Post
"Properly set up" refers to programmed dead times, crank trim, etc. 2200 is A LOT of injector to work with on a daily, providing you're intending DD. Your injector duty cycle has a good deal to do with your fuel pump as well.
300whp @72% DC on 1ks with the AEM 320 says your pump was giving you grief. UNLESS that was E85 also?
Yes that was e85

Last edited by TheShodan; 07-02-2019 at 07:10 PM.
BoostHatchFreak is offline  
Old 07-02-2019, 02:02 PM
  #12  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
BoostHatchFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Nor cal
Posts: 125
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: BoostedHatchFreaks-96 Hatch Build

Originally Posted by K7-1Ktrevor View Post
My id1000's made 440whp on pump at 82% duty cycle.

if they are id2200's they will work well. They tune fairly easily and you'll never need to upgrade them. Like 2x0 said 1000's are too small for that kind of power on e85, 1200's would probably be at their limit or just past it.
No as stated in first post Bosch 210lb injectors
BoostHatchFreak is offline  
Old 07-02-2019, 02:03 PM
  #13  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
BoostHatchFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Nor cal
Posts: 125
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: BoostedHatchFreaks-96 Hatch Build

Originally Posted by maxwellmercer View Post
Which fuel pump?

I made 490whp on e85 with ID1000 and AEM 340 pump, duty was around 90-93% I believe.
Did you use stock lines ? My 300 @72% was all stock line
BoostHatchFreak is offline  
Old 07-02-2019, 02:05 PM
  #14  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
BoostHatchFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Nor cal
Posts: 125
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: BoostedHatchFreaks-96 Hatch Build

Originally Posted by TheShodan View Post
On an SX366 Borg-Warner, you actually don't want to run that size of a restrictor due to the very large turbine shaft and bearings that are housed in this sized turbocharger. I would run a -4AN oil feed using no smaller than a .080" restrictor and that's ONLY if oil pressure is over 100psi at cold start.



This can also work. -3AN w/ no restrictor , or -4AN with .080" restrictor w/ anything over 100psi at cold start. Otherwise, no restrictor for a Honda that uses a stock oil pump.



.
Thanks Iíll be keeping my -3 line then
BoostHatchFreak is offline  
Old 07-02-2019, 08:57 PM
  #15  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
BoostHatchFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Nor cal
Posts: 125
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: BoostedHatchFreaks-96 Hatch Build

so guys now that I got some time to get on the old laptop. heres so info on the car. its always been a weekend warrior/ drag car. always driven to the track and back. old set up was a b20b studs 1k grams 320aem pump gt3040r 3'dp 2.5 exhaust 38mm tail wg ebay piping gsr trans. car went 12.2 @ 122 on e85 w/1.7 60's broke two sleeves in two different blocks due to the vacuum line going to the gm 2bar map (had a hole)

started thinking what I wanted from the car 450- 500whp street and the ability to turn up to run 10.5 index at the track and started to pick up parts as we all do. life then got in the way as happens in most builds.

so onto the parts, I picked up a local guy part out that was a member on here. got a whole sleeved short block that just needed bored and assembled everything was new, a1 block, aebs sleeves, balanced ls crank, crower billet I beam rods, I had a gsr 81x89 rod and piston short block that was all motor and was in the process of redoing it for boost ( looser p2w clearance different ring gap) so I both those short block and will be selling the one I don't use. as for the head I have a p72 stock ports s2k valves blox springs s2k lost motion, pro 1 cams, performer x intake, golden eagle fuel rail, aem reg, walbro 450, 210lb bosch injectors, tail 38mm gate, t4 ram horn, 4 port catch can, aem wide band, electronic boost controller (w 3port) also forgot the snail have a borg 366sx3 as mentioned earlier.

so I'm at a cross road I don't have the funds to push the turbo with the sleeved block ( meaning the twin disc, dog box, front end, and all the little odds that add up quick let alone the parts that will break) but the sleeved block is more peace of mind at 500whp then stock sleeves w rod and pistons unless I'm wrong here never been to these powers. so need some guidance here. so my though was to sell the sleeved s.b to fund the good odds and ends and run the r&p 89mm gsr . so let me know the thought's on that. thanks for any input I see all input as positive there always two sides to things.
BoostHatchFreak is offline  
Old 07-03-2019, 04:15 AM
  #16  
Honda-Tech Member
 
maxwellmercer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: LoadedForBear,IL
Posts: 2,135
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: BoostedHatchFreaks-96 Hatch Build

Originally Posted by BoostHatchFreak View Post
Did you use stock lines ? My 300 @72% was all stock line
I have -6 feed and return. And also a fuel pump relay upgrade.
maxwellmercer is offline  
Old 07-03-2019, 04:40 AM
  #17  
2x0
Honda-Tech Member
 
2x0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rochester, MN
Posts: 1,989
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: BoostedHatchFreaks-96 Hatch Build

500whp is really pushing the stock sleeve limit. Anything above 400-450whp I would at least look at CSS.



Also thanks to everyone for correcting me on the oil restrictor.
2x0 is offline  
Old 07-03-2019, 06:05 AM
  #18  
Honda-Tech Member
iTrader: (1)
 
AZ_CIVIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,637
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: BoostedHatchFreaks-96 Hatch Build

No need to look at a CSS block, he has a brand new sleeved block. If it were me I would use the sleeved block, if that means you have to wait a little while longer to save and get the funds to finish up other odds and ends to do it right, than I would do it that way.
AZ_CIVIC is offline  
Old 07-03-2019, 06:07 AM
  #19  
Honda-Tech Member
iTrader: (1)
 
AZ_CIVIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,637
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: BoostedHatchFreaks-96 Hatch Build

Oh an for 500whp you don't need a dog box or a twin disk.
AZ_CIVIC is offline  
Old 07-03-2019, 06:20 AM
  #20  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
BoostHatchFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Nor cal
Posts: 125
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: BoostedHatchFreaks-96 Hatch Build

Originally Posted by maxwellmercer View Post
I have -6 feed and return. And also a fuel pump relay upgrade.
was thinking this time around to run a -6 feed and use the stock feed as return. also should of done the relay before. ill be sure to do it now.
BoostHatchFreak is offline  
Old 07-03-2019, 06:22 AM
  #21  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
BoostHatchFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Nor cal
Posts: 125
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: BoostedHatchFreaks-96 Hatch Build

Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC View Post
Oh an for 500whp you don't need a dog box or a twin disk.
for 500 I know I don't but to take advantage of the sleeved block need at least a twin disc id think. but again never been to this power level before. so any info on the route to go to run 10.5's would be awesome.
BoostHatchFreak is offline  
Old 07-03-2019, 07:16 AM
  #22  
2x0
Honda-Tech Member
 
2x0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rochester, MN
Posts: 1,989
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: BoostedHatchFreaks-96 Hatch Build

Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC View Post
No need to look at a CSS block, he has a brand new sleeved block. If it were me I would use the sleeved block, if that means you have to wait a little while longer to save and get the funds to finish up other odds and ends to do it right, than I would do it that way.
Thought he was saying to sell the sleeved block and fund a build on a stock sleeve rod and piston setup. Personally I wouldn't push 500whp on stock sleeve without CSS.
2x0 is offline  
Old 07-03-2019, 07:46 AM
  #23  
Honda-Tech Member
iTrader: (1)
 
AZ_CIVIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,637
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: BoostedHatchFreaks-96 Hatch Build

Originally Posted by BoostHatchFreak View Post
for 500 I know I don't but to take advantage of the sleeved block need at least a twin disc id think. but again never been to this power level before. so any info on the route to go to run 10.5's would be awesome.
Obviously with a sleeved block you have the potential to make more than 500whp, that is the beauty of building a sleeved block. Now if you want to run a twin disk because you may want more power down the road then yes getting it now would save you some coin. I would invest in a set of DSS 2.9 axles if you don't have axles yet, if you plan on running Pro 1 cams I would invest in a better set of valve springs than Blox. For springs I would recommend using Ferrea.
AZ_CIVIC is offline  
Old 07-03-2019, 09:16 AM
  #24  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
BoostHatchFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Nor cal
Posts: 125
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: BoostedHatchFreaks-96 Hatch Build

Originally Posted by 2x0 View Post
Thought he was saying to sell the sleeved block and fund a build on a stock sleeve rod and piston setup. Personally I wouldn't push 500whp on stock sleeve without CSS.
was thinking that, get a twin disc, lsd, coil on plug, nice drag wheels(no more areo's), new slicks, skinny set up, Neptune, better mounts, scatter shield, fuel lines all those nice things to have for drag racing.

btw the rod and piston block is devcon the bottom inch, and a 3/4" thick block guard. do know how much it help to hold 500 or more.

az civic assuming there blox there not marked. cam with the head. I got the pro1 new. also if I use the sleeved block I was thinking of going over 500 as I have the turbo and fuel to do so and would have the block if I go that route.

trying to go off of turbolscrx hatch build and seeing where he's needing to go to go faster.so trying to think ahead. I do have a new stage 3 6 puck with a 2100lb plate I got when was just going to throw it together all motor again. ( same clutch I ran low 12's with) again thanks all for the inputs. ill try to upload some pics precobweb knock off lol

Last edited by BoostHatchFreak; 07-03-2019 at 09:48 AM.
BoostHatchFreak is offline  
Old 07-03-2019, 09:25 AM
  #25  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
BoostHatchFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Nor cal
Posts: 125
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: BoostedHatchFreaks-96 Hatch Build


See no markings or retainers spring have no marking either
BoostHatchFreak is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: