Notices

Boosted H22 - Car makes no power and hesitates at VTEC ... read for more info ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boosted H22 - Car makes no power and hesitates at VTEC ... read for more info ...

I turbo'd my h22 the other day, and i took all the necessary precautions for a turbo setup (check valves, fmu, etc...) ... I went for a test run and right at the vtec changeover the car hesitates and ... well.. if you've ever driven to high rpm and turned the car off and floored it with an intake ... it makes that exact sound while it revvs.... it is really hard to explain...

Another thing is my boost gauge never reads boost AT ALL ....

I've disconnected the vtec solenoid and the car will go till redline with no problems, and no hesitation so it is definately a problem with vtec....

I've changed my plugs, raised the fuel pressure as high as 80, and as low as 44....

I've Disconnected vaccum from the fmu....

I've retarded and advanced the timing....

What the heck could be happening? I've pretty much ruled out everything but timing problems or oil pressure problems... but i doubt it is oil pressure because i'd probably get a check engine light or vtec wouldnt even engage.... and i can hear the vtec changeover...

Any ideas??
Old 03-06-2005, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Boosted H22 - Car makes no power and hesitates at VTEC ... read for more info ... (JDMH22EJ)

sounds like u havea boost leak somewhere... check all of ur cpuplers make sure all ur clamps are tight
Old 03-06-2005, 10:26 PM

yea i would check for boost leaks first... that turbo may not reach full boost very fast but it starts generating a couple psi almost immediatly into full throttle.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:19 AM

Default Re: (mister2racer)

yea that explains the lack of boost, but what about the lack of power as soon as vtec hits?
Old 03-07-2005, 02:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDMH22EJ)

mine did the same thing about a month ago. what are you using for fuel management? vacf? Are you using aftermarket injectors? Do you have a pump? I had two problems with mine. First one was my map sensor was seeing boost, I'm not saying yours is but make sure anyway. Second thing was at vtec changeover my motor would do the same thing yours is doing. Anyway I bought a wide band and found out it was way too rich. Those fmu's dump a whole **** load of fuel, as far as no boost probly a leak. go easy on that motor untill you get it fixed.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: (accordh22turbo)

hmmm... that is what i was thinking... im just waiting on my p28 ecu so i can go get my hondata s200 installed and tuned... hopefully some tuning can fix the problem... the only other thing that i was thinking it could be is low oil pressure... i have a gangster oil feed line that came with my kit, and im thinking it may drop my oil pressure just enough to make things act wacky...