Notices

Boosted B18 - Wont Rev past 3-4k

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 10:08 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boosted B18 - Wont Rev past 3-4k

Hey guys and gals, Iam looking for some help..

I've recently bought a boosted integra with a seized turbo.. I've replaced the turbo and fixed the kinked oil line.
The guy I bought it had the car for a couple years and it worked great he said, but he knew nothing about turbos.

Long story short, the car wont rev past 3-4k the odd time 2k with a load, and with the clutch engaged it will climb to maybe 5k even with wide open throttle. This is with the turbo hooked up, if I pop of the intercooler piping, the revs climb at a normal rate and it works great n/a but with the turbo it just wont rev..

I've checked for boost/vaccum leaks, bov, wastegate, lines, connections, everything seems to be working right. I have not taken off the intercooler yet, some say it may be clogged of oil? Others say the MAP Sensor..

I'll have it in my garage this weekend and just looking for anything else I should check? Also, its running on a fmu currently,until I figure out what is wrong.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Boosted B18 - Wont Rev past 3-4k

Originally Posted by frankm
Hey guys and gals, Iam looking for some help..

I've recently bought a boosted integra with a seized turbo.. I've replaced the turbo and fixed the kinked oil line.
The guy I bought it had the car for a couple years and it worked great he said, but he knew nothing about turbos.

Long story short, the car wont rev past 3-4k the odd time 2k with a load, and with the clutch engaged it will climb to maybe 5k even with wide open throttle. This is with the turbo hooked up, if I pop of the intercooler piping, the revs climb at a normal rate and it works great n/a but with the turbo it just wont rev..

I've checked for boost/vaccum leaks, bov, wastegate, lines, connections, everything seems to be working right. I have not taken off the intercooler yet, some say it may be clogged of oil? Others say the MAP Sensor..

I'll have it in my garage this weekend and just looking for anything else I should check? Also, its running on a fmu currently,until I figure out what is wrong.
if this car is running a FMU setup then make sure that missing link is installed the correct way. it blocks map sensor from seeing positive pressure under boost. if the computer is stock and the map see's any time of boost pressure it will start acting all funny.

kev