Notices

Boost fluxuate boost spike?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost fluxuate boost spike?

Ive searched and found alot of stuff but nothing that has really answered my question. The setup is a stock b16, rld fab ram-horn manifold, gt2871r .48 a/r, tial 38mm wg/bov, turboxs boost controller, precision 1000 injectors, hondata s300, 255 fuel pump. Its tuned for 13 psi and boost cut is set at 15psi. About 2 weeks after i picked my car up it started hitting boost cut. Iturned the boost down to 11 psi still kept hitting boost cut. Turned it down to 10 psi and its fine. When i step on it it'll spike to like 13-14 psi and if i stay in the hammer it'll back off and go to 10 psi. If i slowly shift into the gears and hammer on it it spikes everytime. My wastegate leaks from the flange that connects to the manifold. Theres carbon on the side of the turbo and oil line and i can see on the wastegate fange where its leaking. So i took it off and looked at it and nothing seems to be outta wack. There isnt a gasket on that side its just wastegate flange to manifold flange with two allen screws in it im sure you know what im talking about but should there be a gasket there or not? I was just wondering if that might be the reason it spikes. It just sucks cuz its tuned and runs perfect at 13 psi but i cant set it there cuz it always hits boost cut. I called the placed that tuned them and asked what they thought and they said cuz its a BB turbo and from it spoolin so quick it doesnt have time to slow down in between shifts. Just curious cuz when i picked it up it would be a steady 13 psi and not it fluxuates so much. Ive heard of the turbo xs mbc to fluxuate so i was just going to buy a ebc but i dont want to spend the money if i dont have too. I just want to know if its the wastegate that's causing the problem that i can fix it and if there should be a gasket between the wg flange and the manifold flange or what. Thanks any suggestion would be appreciated.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Boost fluxuate boost spike? (boostedek1)

anyone???
Old 07-21-2006, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Boost fluxuate boost spike? (boostedek1)

get a bigger wastegate