Notices

blox manifold better than Drag manifold

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default blox manifold better than Drag manifold

I have a drag turbo kit that I bought for a really good price over the summer and will be geting it installed when income tax time rolls around (im so broke right now). i have heard how bad the drag manifold sucks and spotted a Blox manifold for sale for like 185 brand new. would this manifold be an improvement over the Drag?would it work with the turbo that came with the Drag kit (turbonetics t3/t04e 57 trim)?Will i be able to run AC/PS with the blox?
Old 12-28-2007, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: blox manifold better than Drag manifold (JAYSEM Society)

logs suck because 1 and 4 fire directly at eachother and need to take a 90 deg turn into the turbo inlet. .. anything with some sort of a collector is better than a log....
Old 12-28-2007, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Blox is better than Drag because of the wastegate placement.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: blox manifold better than Drag manifold (Sprockets)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sprockets &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Blox is better than Drag because of the wastegate placement.</TD></TR></TABLE>

and per that logic meutek is even better than blox and about half the price, i made 317whp on one easily, ive since moved on to a ramhorn for other reasons, but my meutek was good to me never had ANY boost creep problems, not at 7psi not at 20psi.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: blox manifold better than Drag manifold (m R g S r)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by m R g S r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">logs suck because 1 and 4 fire directly at eachother and need to take a 90 deg turn into the turbo inlet. .. anything with some sort of a collector is better than a log.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

I didnt ask for a comparison between logs and other style manifolds...
Old 12-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: blox manifold better than Drag manifold (blinx9900)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blinx9900 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and per that logic meutek is even better than blox and about half the price, i made 317whp on one easily, ive since moved on to a ramhorn for other reasons, but my meutek was good to me never had ANY boost creep problems, not at 7psi not at 20psi.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why is Meutek better? I can't see much of a difference in placement. Also, why did you only make 317whp at 20psi?
Old 12-29-2007, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

meutek seems to work pretty well, but it sucks checking your oil with them
Old 12-29-2007, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: blox manifold better than Drag manifold (SOHC_MShue)

Enough about the freakin meutek crap...Im asking about the BLOX and DRAG manifolds people....geez! If you want to talk so much about meutek, start your own damn thread
Old 12-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sprockets &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Blox is better than Drag because of the wastegate placement.</TD></TR></TABLE>

and yes u can run ac/ps with the blox.

/thread
Old 12-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: blox manifold better than Drag manifold (Sprockets)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sprockets &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Why is Meutek better? I can't see much of a difference in placement. Also, why did you only make 317whp at 20psi?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

317whp was at 14psi on 91 octane (and 4 bent valves). and i say the meutek is better cause the WG placement is right in the middle, the blox is slightly offset, also meutek has a velocity stack thingy inside to help direct cyliner 1 and 4 down and not against each other.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JAYSEM Society &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Enough about the freakin meutek crap...Im asking about the BLOX and DRAG manifolds people....geez! If you want to talk so much about meutek, start your own damn thread </TD></TR></TABLE>

seriously, shut up dude. you asked a question, we are trying to both help and give alternatives, if you dont like it learn to make your OWN decisions.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: blox manifold better than Drag manifold (blinx9900)

how are you trying to help idiot? By talking about a manifold that I didnt even ask about? you havent said one thing pertaining to what I was asking about. what other help did you offer? I must have missed it.....so seriously, you shut up "dude".
Old 12-29-2007, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

JAYSEM, calm down. It's just a discussion.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JAYSEM Society &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how are you trying to help idiot? By talking about a manifold that I didnt even ask about? you havent said one thing pertaining to what I was asking about. what other help did you offer? I must have missed it.....so seriously, you shut up "dude". </TD></TR></TABLE>

im suggesting you get a manifold that is half the price, and one i feel is better, and i explained why i thought it was better. im helping you save money and gain performance, what more do you want? i thought perhaps you might not have been aware of other options.