Notices

BLOX CAMS ARE THEY THE MONST UNDERRATED CAM ON THE MARKET

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 BLOX CAMS ARE THEY THE MONST UNDERRATED CAM ON THE MARKET

I read threads and comments on several forums and wanted to see what do you guys think.
blox cams is a new cam on the market and i just see alot of ppl trashing them, because for one where they sold mostly(ebay) and price. i just wanna say my buddy just ran a 12.4 in his fully built gsr. but i just dont understand why trash them so much, i was reading a thread on here and some guys was saying those cams are garbage they crack at high rpm's and etc. before i posted this thread i went to youtube and just simply typed in blox cams and i watched hundreds of video of cars running 9,10,11, and tonight low 12's. but tell me what you guys think of those cams. and please personal experience only.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BLOX CAMS ARE THEY THE MONST UNDERRATED CAM ON THE MARKET

i meant to say "blox cams are they the most underrated cam on the market"
Old 07-16-2010, 05:24 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I recall seeing a thread, i think it was blox cams. But the intake cam on his b20v broke in half at around 9***rpm.

I still have heard great things about these cams.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

There is a thread from a few weeks back where a few cams (including blox) where tested. I guess they didnt do very well BUT i have blox stuff in my car and have not have any issues and quality is great. Looking into there throttle bodies now
Old 07-16-2010, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had two sets of Blox cams, A's and C's. The A's are a good stg 1 cam. I made 199 whp and 135 ft-lb with them in 1.8L vtec engine. They had approx 70K miles on them if not more and saw many dyno sessions during the time I designed my header.
I had them for more than 5 years.

The C's I had did not last 6 months. They made excellent power 225whp and 148 ft-lbs in the same 1.8L motor. However, the intake cam broke at the cam gear. I have a thread on HT in the AM section showing the broken cam. After examination by a metallurigist and casting expert at my job. Their opinion was the cam was defective due to bad QC. Blox to their credit wanted to make good on there product but I choose to decline.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Really? I thought most people rated Blox cams fairly highly. This is news to me =/
Old 07-16-2010, 10:43 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

was the capslock thread title really required?
Old 07-17-2010, 03:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by cevax
There is a thread from a few weeks back where a few cams (including blox) where tested. I guess they didnt do very well BUT i have blox stuff in my car and have not have any issues and quality is great. Looking into there throttle bodies now
you right as i think about it import tuner did a write up on the best cams on the market. if i can remember it was zex cams that came at the bottom of the list but blox cams right next to it. bisimoto cams correct me if im wrong out on top
Old 07-17-2010, 04:54 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

bisi is the way to go, but he's mostly sohc
Old 07-17-2010, 05:10 AM
Retired Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i also read they have base circle problems..but i havent used them.

Seems most anything ive used from blox has taken a **** on me and i dont really use their parts anymore.. dress up items yes. but no more parts on my car from them.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by area522010
you right as i think about it import tuner did a write up on the best cams on the market. if i can remember it was zex cams that came at the bottom of the list but blox cams right next to it. bisimoto cams correct me if im wrong out on top

Yes Bisi came out on top, there was one blox cam that scored ok but still did not measure up to the competition and guess the idle was bad but I dont recall properly. Bisi got the largest power gains, I think it got 65 horses over the stock cam
Old 07-17-2010, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Blox Cams are great to run. They make great power at lower boost, very good top end. All in all a very good powerband will come from the blox b cams. My brother had GSR cams with a 30r ramhorn kit in his turbo integra and made 411whp at 16psi. Swapped them out and put in Blox B cams and made 433whp at 13psi on 93 pump gas. Tuning with the gsr cams was in late oct with the temp in the 40's and tuning with the blox b cams was in june of this year with the temp being 94. The best part about these cams other then idleing like stock, they are less expensive compapired to Skunk2 Pro1's.

These cams get my vote.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by area522010
I believe Super Street did the article and if you didn't already know...they're biased in favor of Bisi. I'm not saying the results were rigged or anything just sayin'. Also, I believe they tested all D series cams.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by th3pwn3r
I believe Super Street did the article and if you didn't already know...they're biased in favor of Bisi. I'm not saying the results were rigged or anything just sayin'. Also, I believe they tested all D series cams.
oohhh ok i know your comment may stir up contro but hey it is what it is. some guy on youtube is running consistant 9's with blox b's i just wanting for some heavy weights to chime in or some ppl who actually used them on some power proven cars
Old 07-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it seems I have seen many sets of aftermarket cams break.

one thing I have noticed is that the guys who know how to build cars to go fast usually go fast no matter what combination of parts they use. obviously they don't use terrible combinations of parts, but you get the point. it's not the wand it's the magician.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Haven't heard anything about Blox being a bad product. I've seen the threads where they have snapped. IDK, I'm partial to S2 anyway. Always been a good product and alot of R&D goes into their products.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

but i also heard of s2 cams breaking,supertech valves dropping, and mishimoto rads cracking.now look these guys sells products the heavy weights are using and stand by. i think is the phopa that comes along with ebay. but what alot of ppl dont understand ebay does not make parts there a online auction site that gives regular folks to bid or purchase products from each other and vendors.

if i came out with a product such as a camshaft or manifold for a descent price i would sell on ebay also. the customer base is so vast and broad its no reason not to. look at cxracing i remember when ppl was passing that company now look test proven part. like mikesrex said the guy with brains dont need $20k to have a reliable 9 second car. here in mass its alot of guys doing good numbers with damn near stock setups. getting caught up in the number game will have you broke
Old 07-17-2010, 01:06 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

If it helps blox i have the adjustable endlinks and i dont have anything bad to say about them