Notices

blow off and wastegate plumbing

Old 03-16-2005, 04:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blow off and wastegate plumbing

i am a first time booster, im wondering if any one knows where i can get some diagrams on how to hook up vacume lines for a external wastgate, a greddy type-s(BOV), and a (MBC)???. thanks
Old 03-16-2005, 04:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: blow off and wastegate plumbing (B18del-turbo)

I don't have diagrams but there's the rundown...

The BOV needs a vac source behind the throttle body then just to the top port on the Type-S

The WG needs a pressure source to the bottom port from any boost source (behind the throttle body will work but is not desireable, if there is a port on the compressor housing I would use that).

^^^that is if your not going to run the MBC...

If you want to run the controller this is how you do that...

Your MBC will need to be "T'd" inline with the vac line going to the bottom port of the WG to the "in" side of the MBC, the rest of the line should continue to the bottom port of the WG...then the line from the "out" side of the MBC goes to the top port of the WG.

Remember to ziptie the ends of all the vac line so they don't pop off under boost.

Hopefully that wasn't too confusing
Old 03-16-2005, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: blow off and wastegate plumbing (96-EJ6 B18C)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96-EJ6 B18C &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't have diagrams but there's the rundown...

The BOV needs a vac source behind the throttle body then just to the top port on the Type-S

The WG needs a pressure source to the bottom port from any boost source (behind the throttle body will work but is not desireable, if there is a port on the compressor housing I would use that).

^^^that is if your not going to run the MBC...

If you want to run the controller this is how you do that...

Your MBC will need to be "T'd" inline with the vac line going to the bottom port of the WG to the "in" side of the MBC, the rest of the line should continue to the bottom port of the WG...then the line from the "out" side of the MBC goes to the top port of the WG.

Remember to ziptie the ends of all the vac line so they don't pop off under boost.

Hopefully that wasn't too confusing </TD></TR></TABLE>