Notices

Blow Off Valve Location....Where to put to make it the loudest?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2002, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blow Off Valve Location....Where to put to make it the loudest?

I did a search on this and didn't find anything. Where is the best place to put the blow off valve? More towards the throttle body or farther away from it? I am looking for the place that makes it sound the loudest if that even makes a difference on placement. I am installing an HKS SSQV BLow Off valve if that makes a difference on a revhard kit for a SOHC.

Thanks for the any information you can provide.

Old 08-23-2002, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Blow Off Valve Location....Where to put to make it the loudest? (ladysman)

Just curious, why would you want it so loud for? Do you really want all the people to know that your turbo?
Old 08-23-2002, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Blow Off Valve Location....Where to put to make it the loudest? (ekb18c)

It sounds awesome. They are going to know I am turbo with a huge intercooler on it anyway.
Old 08-23-2002, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Blow Off Valve Location....Where to put to make it the loudest? (ladysman)

It sounds awesome. They are going to know I am turbo with a huge intercooler on it anyway.
Old 08-23-2002, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Blow Off Valve Location....Where to put to make it the loudest? (KAMiN)

Loud BOV + Big/Showy Intercooler = Makes people wanna steal it

It happened to me.
Old 08-23-2002, 11:31 AM
New User

Default Re: Blow Off Valve Location....Where to put to make it the loudest? (BG Boost)

Id get one of those fake sound bov's and run it through your car stereo and crank it up. Then you could get a dj to mess around with it and turn it into a techno song. I think that would make your car sound really mean, just make sure you play it as loud as possible.
Old 08-23-2002, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Blow Off Valve Location....Where to put to make it the loudest? (Devin)

Id get one of those fake sound bov's and run it through your car stereo and crank it up. Then you could get a dj to mess around with it and turn it into a techno song. I think that would make your car sound really mean, just make sure you play it as loud as possible.
You are gay. You probably knew that though.
Old 08-23-2002, 11:55 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

instead of knocking him, could someone answer his question on where the bov should go? i ask because i'm wondering also, i'm not so concerned with sound...
Old 08-23-2002, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Blow Off Valve Location....Where to put to make it the loudest? (GraphiteAccord)

instead of knocking him, could someone answer his question on where the bov should go? i ask because i'm wondering also, i'm not so concerned with sound...
Thank You!!
Old 08-23-2002, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Blow Off Valve Location....Where to put to make it the loudest? (GraphiteAccord)

Some people mount them right after the outlet on the intercooler, right in the front of the car...but that's waaaay too far to run a vaccum line from the IM for my personal taste (ie BOV lag).

Just put it in the correct place, right before the throttle body.
Old 08-23-2002, 12:01 PM
Trial User

As long as its functional, who gives a **** how loud it is.. or what it sounds like for that matter..

<--- tired of shouting over my car as I drive down the freeway, or light to light for that matter.... loud loud loud
Old 08-23-2002, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Loud BOV

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=254234
Old 08-23-2002, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Blow Off Valve Location....Where to put to make it the loudest? (GSRwBOOST)

As long as its functional, who gives a **** how loud it is.. or what it sounds like for that matter..
The BOV isnt there to make your car sound "cool", its there for a purpose. That was pretty "Ricey" of you to want to make it loud as possible. However, to my best knowledge, it performs best (doesnt mean it will be loudest) just before the throttle body.
Old 08-23-2002, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Blow Off Valve Location....Where to put to make it the loudest? (CDooMe2)

Why not ask where it will be most effective, rather than where it will sound the loudest? haha just kidding

On a more serious note ...

The piping was a mess, but my BOV got so much louder when I mounted it in the cabin rather than the engine bay. I rigged up a custom bracket to mount on the passenger side of the center console, and boy is that sucker loud now....
Old 08-23-2002, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Blow Off Valve Location....Where to put to make it the loudest? (dustin)

I assumed it most effective when it is loud.

Bad assumption?
Old 08-23-2002, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

buy the RFL bov from Turbosmart or XS or who ever makes it. It wont matter where you mount it.
Old 08-23-2002, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I assumed it most effective when it is loud.

Bad assumption?
Bad assumption. You can set the spring all the way soft and yes it will be somewhat louder -- but you'll probably leak boost. You want it mounted as close to the throttle body as possible, and with the spring set so that all compressor surge is avoided with no boost leaks.
Old 08-23-2002, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

should be within 12 inches of the throttle body. i've heard the FUNCTIONALITY of the hks ssbv is very good...THAT is why you should be happy about it..But the sound is up there with the rest of them decibel wise.
Old 08-23-2002, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Blow Off Valve Location....Where to put to make it the loudest?

for the best performance of you bov, mount it close to the throttle body

for the most sound (rice), mount it close the intercooler
Old 08-23-2002, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Blow Off Valve Location....Where to put to make it the loudest? (symba)

If you want loud, just get a Turbo xs RFL BOV, there loud no matter where you put them.

Rob
Old 08-23-2002, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Blow Off Valve Location....Where to put to make it the loudest? (dustin)

On a more serious note ...

The piping was a mess, but my BOV got so much louder when I mounted it in the cabin rather than the engine bay. I rigged up a custom bracket to mount on the passenger side of the center console, and boy is that sucker loud now...
lmfao

[Modified by legendboy, 4:12 PM 8/23/2002]
Old 08-23-2002, 02:41 PM

They're loud enough anyway, get a bypass, stay stealth.
Old 08-23-2002, 04:26 PM
New User

You are gay. You probably knew that though.
Right, and im the one that has a thread full of people laughing at me. Oh, wait, thats you.
Old 08-23-2002, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Blow Off Valve Location....Where to put to make it the loudest? (Devin)

I have a t3/t4 turbo, and I have the BOV facing the hood, it's pretty loud, I also used the bigger vacum hose off of the pcv valve, It's loud, it turns heads, just what I want!
Old 08-23-2002, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Blow Off Valve Location....Where to put to make it the loudest? (forcedaccord95)

I'm sorry; is everyone here his daddy? Do you have to tell him what's right and wrong and how he should set-up his car?

I do think it is a little umm...retarded to try and make things as loud/shiney/big as possible just for show, but that's what the man asked. All of you are knockin but I'd wager that every one of you has something on your car that is more form than function

I too have heard that right after the IC is the loudest...however, a buddy of mine is convinced that if you put it BEFORE the IC that it will function better (there has been some debate about this, and mine is by the TB, if you're wondering) and it would certainly make more noise there, because you won't have the pressure loss of the IC to reduce the sound.

--Not your daddy

Quick Reply: Blow Off Valve Location....Where to put to make it the loudest?