Notices

Blew my turbo ZC up

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 03:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blew my turbo ZC up

Well after two greats years of service my ZC is now dead from boost. It was turbo'd for about three days when it happened. When I heard the noise I knew what had happened and shut my car off trying to prevent more damage. Her'e what happened. I spun a rod bearing ( I'm not sure if thats exactly what happened. All I know is the piston go shoved up into the spark plug ) forcing my piston up into my spark plug cruching my #4 spark plug and putting a hole right threw my #4 piston. I dropped my oil pan and what did I see. Chunchs of piston and when I shined my pen light up into my #4 cyclinder I could see straight threw my psiton and see my valves. I have abused my ZC for the last 2 years ( racing it everyweekend , going to the tarck driving everyday to work ) so all the abuse the ZC got on stock internals I was suprised it lasted for more then 1 day. I was pushing 6 PSI on a TD04 turbo and I'm almost positive detonation is was happened. I was running crapy management and I've accepted that it's no one's fault but my own for not taking better steps. I'm now done with D series and ZC's. I've been messing with ZC's and D series motors for over 3 years now and I'm now switching to B series and I'm going to build a N/A set-up. I'm putting in a B16 just to get me by ( man I thought I'd never say I was putting a B16 in my car since messing with ZC's for so long you kind of start to hate B16's. No matter what people say about ZC's. I was spanking B16's left and right ) I'm just putting in the B16 so I can get my car back on the road and I'm going to build a Ls/VTec on the side for a real motor. Oh well though you learn from your mistakes. I'll have pic.'s up soon of the before and the aftermath.
Old 06-21-2003, 03:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Blew my turbo ZC up (7PSiEF9ZC)

if your piston tagged your valves, your rod probably just snapped right in half....