Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BlackTrax K24 Turbo...

Anyone have more info on this car?

http://www.blacktrax.net/project001newU.html
Old 05-17-2005, 11:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BlackTrax K24 Turbo... (ChopSuey)

Damn, they revvving to 9k with a k24. That custom crank and other parts musta improved the rod to stroke ratio.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:26 PM

Ya, A friend of mine called them and asked if it had been dyno'ed yet because the website say's it made great torque from 3k to 9k. They told him it had not been dyno'ed yet! How are you going to say something on your site and then tell someone on the phone that it hasn't been dyno'ed yet?

I was also told that the engine lasted 3 days before it let go.

I guess the website is wrong when it says it was successful huh, or just jumping the gun?

edit: The owner of the car had the engine less then 72 hours and it blew. It was on 10 to 12lbs of boost.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:24 AM

Default Re: BlackTrax K24 Turbo... (BodyKits NW)

yups the man is right..

probably a modified version of crank maybe ctr rods
Old 05-18-2005, 02:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BlackTrax K24 Turbo... (NorCalAllMtr408)

Wow thats bad advertisment then.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Here is a real K24.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1230331
Old 05-18-2005, 08:27 AM
rhd

haha, ppl will never learn about k's cranks...will they?
Old 05-18-2005, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BlackTrax K24 Turbo... (BodyKits NW)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BodyKits NW &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damn, they revvving to 9k with a k24. That custom crank and other parts musta improved the rod to stroke ratio. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You can do that on a stock k24 R/S been there done that.

I would think listing all those parts they would have listed such a major modification of custom rods and crankshaft.....

I'm doing a 2.3L k24 using widen crank journals and type S crank shaft with a modified stroke 1.7+ R/S

Old 05-18-2005, 01:14 PM

This is Jei from BlackTrax. Before this becomes another useless uninformative flame thread, let me clear some things up.

First of all, if you'd like to know what's in the car feel free to ask or call me directly. I'd rather have that than a bunch of usless chatting.

Secondly, to NorCalAllMtr408, your so called friend calls me and says "I waaaant the exact same thing" then before I could even tell him what was in the motor he says. "but I waaant exactly the same setup in my car". I'm sorry but I do not build motors for customers who don't know the basics of what they want out of their motor such as hp, tq, powerband, style of driving/racing.

As for this motor, all the items on the website are true and correct. If you would actually read all the words on the page, you would see that a dyno will be posted shortly so there wasn't any misinformation. The torque band described was felt by the good old butt dyno, in conparison its previous K20 turbo motor. I am confident that this motor will make good hp and tq numbers in the rpm range that my customer wants.

The owner overreved the engine with less than 400miles on it and at the same time blew a defecitve oil hose from the B&M oil filter relocation kit. The motor went dry, burnt two bearings and the turbo. It's in our shop right now getting new bearings and a Garrett GT28RS ball bearing upgrade.

Check back on the website toward the beginning of next month. This will give us time to geat a good break in and Natalie aka BlackTraxgirl will have some dyno numbers for you all.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: BlackTrax K24 Turbo... (BlackTraxH23)

This will be a sick K24 turbo http://www.evans-tuning.com/kseries/k-series.html
Old 05-18-2005, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool car, cool build, but gaurdian sucks *****, why not K pro????
Old 05-18-2005, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mrbsponge)

They are using KPro AEM released an EMS for the K series as well
Old 05-18-2005, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlackTraxH23 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The owner overreved the engine with less than 400miles on it and at the same time blew a defecitve oil hose from the B&M oil filter relocation kit. The motor went dry, burnt two bearings and the turbo. It's in our shop right now getting new bearings and a Garrett GT28RS ball bearing upgrade.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So the owner went pass 9K? How many pounds is he boosting? Also we would all like to see dyno charts.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

BlackTrax gets a from me!
Old 05-18-2005, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did you not read what he said "dyno charts will come soon"
Old 05-18-2005, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (0x64)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 0x64 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They are using KPro AEM released an EMS for the K series as well </TD></TR></TABLE>

but on the site it said stock ecu with gaurdian management

thanks ALPHA!!!!!!ya butt munch!
Old 05-18-2005, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I see where you saw that now. I was looking at the fully built RSX
Old 05-18-2005, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrbsponge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

but on the site it said stock ecu with gaurdian management

thanks ALPHA!!!!!!ya butt munch!</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL .....butt munch
Old 05-18-2005, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hes my boy i can say that!
Old 05-18-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: BlackTrax K24 Turbo... (ben@importparts.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ben@importparts.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BlackTrax gets a from me!</TD></TR></TABLE>
And me Jei and Nat rock.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:21 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlackTraxH23 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is Jei from BlackTrax. Before this becomes another useless uninformative flame thread, let me clear some things up.

First of all, if you'd like to know what's in the car feel free to ask or call me directly. I'd rather have that than a bunch of usless chatting.

Secondly, to NorCalAllMtr408, your so called friend calls me and says "I waaaant the exact same thing" then before I could even tell him what was in the motor he says. "but I waaant exactly the same setup in my car". I'm sorry but I do not build motors for customers who don't know the basics of what they want out of their motor such as hp, tq, powerband, style of driving/racing.

As for this motor, all the items on the website are true and correct. If you would actually read all the words on the page, you would see that a dyno will be posted shortly so there wasn't any misinformation. The torque band described was felt by the good old butt dyno, in conparison its previous K20 turbo motor. I am confident that this motor will make good hp and tq numbers in the rpm range that my customer wants.

The owner overreved the engine with less than 400miles on it and at the same time blew a defecitve oil hose from the B&M oil filter relocation kit. The motor went dry, burnt two bearings and the turbo. It's in our shop right now getting new bearings and a Garrett GT28RS ball bearing upgrade.

Check back on the website toward the beginning of next month. This will give us time to geat a good break in and Natalie aka BlackTraxgirl will have some dyno numbers for you all. </TD></TR></TABLE>

First of all let's look at the facts about engine building and tuning.

Who in there right mind is going to build an engine like this and take it for a spin on the butt dyno all the way to 9K. Is that really what you guy's at Blacktrax do, just build it and then say " hey lets go down the street and rev this thing to 9k " without even knowing what the a/f is or where the power band is.

And how are you going to post on your own site that it has more Tq from 3k to 9k when it hasnt been dyno'ed yet. Did your *** tell you how much Tq it made and where it made it compaired to the old setup.

The other thing I want to know is what tuner and builder would let thier customer take thier car with this kind of engine in it and not tune it before hand let alone give the keys to the customer and let him rev it past 9k, should have atleast set the rev limiter lower.

If the Rev limiter is set to 9k and he over reved it then what the hell was the rev limiter set too? 10k? By all means this sound like a bunch of crap. I dont think any tuner would let this kind of engine go to a customer without it being properly tuned and setup. And before you get back on here and try and tell us that he needed to break it in, we all know that you can go stright to the dyno and tune the car. So dont pull that card out. Hell you have a dynapak in house, it should have seen that before that cool butt dyno of yours. If your butt dyno is so great then why do you have the dynapak?

Only lasted 400 miles, and you are blaming it on the customer. Thats classic, sounds to me like you have no idea what problems people are having with the K series cranks these days do you.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hope the motor is not that hurt because I wanna see the dynos! Please keep us updated.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:40 PM

This will be my last post.

Wow, 408 I'm impressed with your comments based on pure assumption. I would like to meet you in person sometime. In fact, I'll PM you when we're about to dyno the car. How's that sound?

This car was running off of Kpro before the new build. The owner and I are proficient with Kpro tuning. So to give you a real answer to your assumption, the owner has the ability to change his setting...ie rev limiter.

My theory (for my piece of mind) behind engine break-in for a daily driven engine, spec'd and mic'd tight, not loose, needs a longer break-in than a motor that's built loose to run the 1/4 mile for a season then break it down for another build. So your assumption of "we all know that you can go stright to the dyno" is plain crap. Yes the whole world can got straight (spelling) to the dyno, but there a a few people who wouldn't dare after dropping a 10k investment (piece of mind).

Also for the record, since this will be my last post, the car was given to the customer with a base map, with lo boost, pulled timing, and 12:1 afr on wideband. This time, my customer agreed to have me personally put miles on the engine before handing it over. If a customer wants to pay me for my time to babysit his or her car during break-in, I'll be happy to do so. I'm sure all shop owners would agree with me on that note.

408, no beef, I'll make sure to PM you on when we'll have the dyno.

Thanks for the backing Dave and Ben!
Old 05-18-2005, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry to change topic, but i noticed a cai on the turbo set up.. how much hp does a cai do considering it runs throught the hottest part of the car? i've heard of wrx's that have cai's and i was curious if the power gains are substantial?

either way i have only heard good things about black trax
Old 05-18-2005, 11:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Last post? How come? Stand up for your build man. Alot of people are interested in this setup. Don't give up now.

Quick Reply: BlackTrax K24 Turbo...