Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 12:43 PM
DixielandImports Please

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Bisimoto's 1st full Turbo build: Quest for 700whp D16Z WagoVan

Man I want that manifold.
Build looks amazing.
Wish I could afford one of your cams.

Another ?, do you see maybe doing a comparison of camshafts?
Like urs against crowers bigger turbo cam?
Or something like that.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bisimoto
Any update on the cosmetics of the wagon?
Old 11-11-2009, 01:27 PM

hell yeah you show them bisi build looks sick cant wait tell its all done
Old 11-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this is going to be a SICK build, cant wait to see the numbers.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good stuff Bisi!!! Its lookin way sick! Glad you spent some time on the bling area
Old 11-11-2009, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by wrx-killer-Sti-eater
Cough.. cough.. Rummor on the street is stitch going turbo next year...Cough.. cough. (j/k) ,lol
Suuuuuuuuuuure, Des..lol

Originally Posted by jdm inc
Very nice! keep us updated!
By all means, my staff and I will provide good updates..stay tuned.

Originally Posted by 91' LS-VTEC
could this be a look into the futare? Maybe a boosted F22 in the dragcar someday?

Nice to see you try new things and still push the limits. Love that its in a wagovan aswell.
I am still an n/a guy...for now, but who knows?

Originally Posted by ReDemoN
Man I want that manifold.
Build looks amazing.
Wish I could afford one of your cams.

Another ?, do you see maybe doing a comparison of camshafts?
Like urs against crowers bigger turbo cam?
Or something like that.
Actually, the Bisimoto stable of camshafts are cost effective, and range from $220 to $569 for the D, depending on your application. In regard to a comparison, there is a third party enthusiast with a s/n ralph11sec who saw very positive results with the Bisimoto Level 2.4 versus the brand you just mentioned. The Bisimoto Level 3.6 that we are using for this build has proven to be quite superior in power, based upon a couple of beta units in the field.

Originally Posted by CerealKiller
Bisimoto
Any update on the cosmetics of the wagon?
Yes, many updates to come in regard to paint, suspension, lip(s), interior, et cetera.

Originally Posted by Golden Eagle
hell yeah you show them bisi build looks sick cant wait tell its all done
Your sleeves are sick, Robert...and the intake manifold takes the cake!

Originally Posted by sheepey
Good stuff Bisi!!! Its lookin way sick! Glad you spent some time on the bling area
lol...you are such a bad influence, Sheepey!
Old 11-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bisimoto ftw!
Old 11-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to be a All-Motor-All-The-Time guy too...then I started building turbo projects, switched up from building headers to turbo manifolds, etc. I heard a lot of "sell out" comments, lost some I thought loyal customers...bottom line is Versatility. I do not regret my transition to turbo performance at all. And those that have stuck by me get to reep the benefits of a well rounded import performance fabricator/tech. I have a equal level of respect for both markets.

Bisi has always been one of my idols, and this project and the rumors of things to come only furthers my respect and admiration toward him and his crew. Excellent work!
Old 11-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what kind of fuel are you gonna be running to make 700hp and what are the specs on that turbo
Old 11-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice build....its def going to be a challenge!
Old 11-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i'm officially scared to see what you guys come up with lmao

but without a doubt its going to be one bad machine!!
Old 11-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

DANG, i'm syked for the updates. this is gunna be sooooo sick. and yah i wish i could afford one of them cams
Old 11-11-2009, 09:24 PM
threes

in for update
Old 11-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cant wait to see it.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

amazing work so far...the fact that this beast will be powering a wagovan is brilliant.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

super clean motor bisi thing look amasing cant wait to see it all together and running
Old 11-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Seen the article in Super Street a while back... Seeing it more now, looks even more promising.

If you don't mind me asking, what is that coating on the exhaust housing of the turbo?
Old 11-12-2009, 01:02 AM
D Tranny Guru

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So is Nemo being reborn????

Need a driver?
Old 11-12-2009, 01:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Head looks great :O)

Dig the COP

Build is clean.... But that manifold... meh.... Wastegate placement and routing is retarded.... TS housing, divided collector to completely uneven runners to the (single)gate??? Why? It appears the runners are paired right for the divided collector (Hard to tell in the pic), but was there a reason you didnt run twin gates.. Or give the gate better priority (Seeing as how there is only one? Also that gate looks SUSPECT... LOL). Even if the merge is really really close to the gate, the runners are... well Ill just say Id have hoped for more from you guys in the manifold area... and the downpipe... with all the money being thrown at it..

I KNOW you dont expect that trans to last more than 2 pulls :O)

Interested in numbers...

Last edited by extralargenog; 11-12-2009 at 01:51 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Very nice build. Need to see some pictures of the modifications done to the waggon. Good luck with your goals.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So this 3.6 cam... has it been R&Ded or is it just some shaft you pulled out of your ***? Rumor has it you've stated previously about your D series "turbo" cams some things to the effect of "I honestly don't know how they perform. I've sold a few but have not heard anything back about them." Now I'm under the impression that your NA cams are R&Ded and your "turbo" cams aren't, they're just churned out with high lift and not much duration and overlap because that's the general theory on how turbo cams should be. I've seen numerous dyno sheets using your 1.2 cams and the engines are actually making less power and torque than the same setup with a stock cam... They just can't seem to break the 300hp mark without absurd boost pressure levels.

Also is this 3.6 cam a retail piece or is it for strictly in-house use only?
Old 11-12-2009, 05:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Bisimoto
"didn't you build all motor, because that is all you know?"
That's pretty much what I've surmised.

The super mild idles like stock cam you ground for AFAccord's NA F23A1 made a huge increase in power, close to 15 whp on a nothing special setup, and he took it back to the dyno without me to tune it. From the vehicle's powerband the cam was obviously too advanced. There's a lot more in there. And this was a super mild grind because Jason didn't want to buy springs/retainers. That's freaking impressive.

OTOH, I and several of my friends have been saddled with, or saddled with tuning, your turbo grinds that are super awesome after the fashion of 90-91 LS automatic cams, in that nobody can break 300. I never got a chance to swap back to the stocker, but I know two people who did and reaped better spool, power, and trap times. It's generally been a dissappointment.

BTW, 9:1 CR is awfully high for that build. You need some amount of combustion chamber to fit all that airmass into without creating blowby problems as D16s are small bore motors.

Anyway, good luck with it.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome build. But 700hp on 1000CC injectors?
Old 11-12-2009, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by d16sandrail
I used to be a All-Motor-All-The-Time guy too...then I started building turbo projects, switched up from building headers to turbo manifolds, etc. I heard a lot of "sell out" comments, lost some I thought loyal customers...bottom line is Versatility. I do not regret my transition to turbo performance at all. And those that have stuck by me get to reep the benefits of a well rounded import performance fabricator/tech. I have a equal level of respect for both markets.

Bisi has always been one of my idols, and this project and the rumors of things to come only furthers my respect and admiration toward him and his crew. Excellent work!
Thank you very much, Sand, as I too am excited about what lays ahead in the boosted arena.

Originally Posted by vietjdmboi
what kind of fuel are you gonna be running to make 700hp and what are the specs on that turbo
In the spirit of the build, we plan on running unleaded petrol/fuel. The BTX6565 is a custom unit that anyone could get: a 65.7mm inducer on the compressor, ported housing with a 4.0" compressor inlet, and a 2.5" compressor outlet. The turbine is a F1-65 wheel with a tangentially divided turbine housing with a T4 0.84 ar. I may upgrade to a 1.0 or 1.15 ar if need be to reach our goals. The turbine exit is a 3" v-band.

Originally Posted by 95DC2GS-R
Seen the article in Super Street a while back... Seeing it more now, looks even more promising.

If you don't mind me asking, what is that coating on the exhaust housing of the turbo?
It is the same ceramic coatings used on our headers.

Originally Posted by Mista Bone
So is Nemo being reborn????

Need a driver?
Of course not, Sir Bone. Nemo will stay n/a...for now.lol. I just may need a driver, but I cannot afford you..lol.

Originally Posted by extralargenog
Head looks great :O)

Dig the COP

Build is clean.... But that manifold... meh.... Wastegate placement and routing is retarded.... TS housing, divided collector to completely uneven runners to the (single)gate??? Why? It appears the runners are paired right for the divided collector (Hard to tell in the pic), but was there a reason you didnt run twin gates.. Or give the gate better priority (Seeing as how there is only one? Also that gate looks SUSPECT... LOL). Even if the merge is really really close to the gate, the runners are... well Ill just say Id have hoped for more from you guys in the manifold area... and the downpipe... with all the money being thrown at it..

I KNOW you dont expect that trans to last more than 2 pulls :O)

Interested in numbers...
Yes, yes...numbers are to come. Maybe they exist already? ::devilish grin::
When I designed this manifold, I began with a clean slate, using stepped primaries and a single gate that works amazingly well. There is no surprise that in the manifold arena that the prototype would look different from what others are accustomed too, as we always think out of the box.

On this one, trust me, it works verrrrrrrrrrrrrry well....and the trans will too...at least on the dyno.lol

Originally Posted by TorganFM.
So this 3.6 cam... has it been R&Ded or is it just some shaft you pulled out of your ***? Rumor has it you've stated previously about your D series "turbo" cams some things to the effect of "I honestly don't know how they perform. I've sold a few but have not heard anything back about them." Now I'm under the impression that your NA cams are R&Ded and your "turbo" cams aren't, they're just churned out with high lift and not much duration and overlap because that's the general theory on how turbo cams should be. I've seen numerous dyno sheets using your 1.2 cams and the engines are actually making less power and torque than the same setup with a stock cam... They just can't seem to break the 300hp mark without absurd boost pressure levels.

Also is this 3.6 cam a retail piece or is it for strictly in-house use only?
Fortunately, cams from us do not get "pulled out of asses", as with brave customers and an inhouse dyno, we have had success with experimentation and perfection of the turbo cam profiles. Consider me a renagade engineer, who is not bound by the theoretical, and hence my success in the "hush-hush" arena of natural aspiration.

The level 1.2 is exactly what is is, a mild, idle friendly turbo camshaft. The level 2.4 is a notch up, and one of our best sellers with a slightly lopey idle, and the new level 3.6 is a very aggressive profile, with an idle that is not for the faint of heart. Custom applications are also provided for those who desire profiles, inbetween. I hope that helps.

Originally Posted by Joseph Davis
BTW, 9:1 CR is awfully high for that build. You need some amount of combustion chamber to fit all that airmass into without creating blowby problems as D16s are small bore motors.

Anyway, good luck with it.
To the contrary, the chosen ratio is very appealing. Thanks for the well wishes.

This is a very exciting build, and I am pleased that I pursued this goal.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by d16sandrail

This is actually true i don't see why people think that switching things up is a bad thing. I used to play around with b-series motors, now I'm playing around with d-series motors. Not to the extent that Bisimoto, and others build at. However it has been fun learning about different set ups, and how to effectively work on other cars. One of these days i do plan on going back to school with the knowledge that i have to hopefully catch-up. Also hopefully be able to have more fun in the future. Back to the post at hand. Wouldn't you rather find out there not your real friends. So you can charge them full price when they figure out what your doing.

end of ramble. keep up the good work. cant wait to see what you got cooked up for this build

Quick Reply: Bisimoto's 1st full Turbo build: Quest for 700whp D16Z WagoVan