Biggest size turbo ran on ramhorn w/ AC?!

Old 09-24-2015, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon5 Biggest size turbo ran on ramhorn w/ AC?!

Like the title states, trying to see what the biggest turbo is someone ran while keeping Ac on a ramhorn. I have a gt35r I plan on using and it clears no problem but someone has a comp triple ball bearing 67/72 custom turbo for a good deal locally and wondering if it would fit, I wouldn't mind notching the block either, I already have my downpipe and everything. If it would fit I would make the switch.

Thanks In advance!
Old 09-24-2015, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Biggest size turbo ran on ramhorn w/ AC?!

Anything that fits inside the platform available to you. I'm assuming your T3 so PTE 6766. Issue is with an ac ramhorn check with manufacture of it allows vband housings or only 5 bolt. That'll be a big limiting factor. If vband allowed a .82 or 1.06 at t3 will go a long way. Forced performance sells the super 99 which is a 72mm t3 turbo capable of 1000hp

Why looking for the biggest possible turbo? Properly sized turbocharger will benefit you further than a big laggy turbo. What's the goals of the car
Old 09-24-2015, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Turbo-LS View Post
Anything that fits inside the platform available to you. I'm assuming your T3 so PTE 6766. Issue is with an ac ramhorn check with manufacture of it allows vband housings or only 5 bolt. That'll be a big limiting factor. If vband allowed a .82 or 1.06 at t3 will go a long way. Forced performance sells the super 99 which is a 72mm t3 turbo capable of 1000hp

Why looking for the biggest possible turbo? Properly sized turbocharger will benefit you further than a big laggy turbo. What's the goals of the car
for future reference. if a 72mm will fit with the correct housing and vband option then it would help me to figure out a 67mm would work as well. the turbo is a custom comp 67/72 T3 flange vband hotside. didn't say if it was .82 or anything. plans are 800+ eventually but it was new 1,900. has about 1k miles tops & spools fairly quick. I would be happy with 500hp street car on that turbo. kid currently has around 400 hp on it but just fried the rings in his motor so hes parting out his whole setup
Old 09-24-2015, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nick21 View Post
for future reference. if a 72mm will fit with the correct housing and vband option then it would help me to figure out a 67mm would work as well. the turbo is a custom comp 67/72 T3 flange vband hotside. didn't say if it was .82 or anything. plans are 800+ eventually but it was new 1,900. has about 1k miles tops & spools fairly quick. I would be happy with 500hp street car on that turbo. kid currently has around 400 hp on it but just fried the rings in his motor so hes parting out his whole setup
if u do go for 800 HP you wont need A/C as it will no longer be a street car. 500 HP is already pushing the limits of the street
Old 09-24-2015, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by camdizawg View Post
if u do go for 800 HP you wont need A/C as it will no longer be a street car. 500 HP is already pushing the limits of the street
I realize that but since the car is built for the street at the moment if I could pick up this turbo for the deal hes giving on it & still be able to use it with ac then why not? future goals are to use my built motor in a different shell with a top mount setup and hood exit exhaust, etc... but im asking to see if anyone else did a big turbo while keeping AC.

My setup is as follows;

B18c1 Head
Supertech Flat face valves
Supertech Springs & Retainers
Skunk2 Tuner 1 Cams
AEM Cam Gears
Edelbrock Victor X
BDL 70mm TB
Skunk2 Composite Fuel Rail
ID1000cc
AEM FPR

B18c1 82mm CSS block
CP 82mm 10.2:1 Pistons
Manley Turbo Tuff Rods
ACL Bearings
Micropolish GSR Crank
ARP Headstuds
Moroso oil pan

Turbo Setup:
BWR T3 Ramhorn (AC)
BWR 3" AC Downpipe
BWR Dump tube
Tial 44mm MVR Wastegate 12psi Spring
Tial Q Blow off Valve
Garrett GT3582r Ball Bearing Turbo
Precision 750hp Intercooler
2.5" SRE Intercooler Piping
Custom 3" Vband turboback Into 3" Vibrant Stealth

Hondata S300 v3 in p28
Innovate Oil Press/Temp Gauge
Innovate Boost/Shift Light Gauge
AEM Wideband
DevSport Tucked Feed & Return Fuel Line
Walbro 255lph Wired to relay
Endyn Catch Can
15x7.5" +32 Maxxim Air 225/50/15 BFG Drag Radials
Ktuned Traction Bar

Eventually will be getting Boost By Gear Setup but want to get the car running and tuned on low boost before I go make some changes such as some Pro 1 cams or GSC T1's down the road, 340lhp Fuel Pump, 1600cc Inj, -6an Fuel line from tank to front, Hondata CPR setup. Car is also going RHD down the road after the setup is all set and making 500+hp on pump with AC & PS.

Hoping for close to 400HP @ 12psi
Old 09-24-2015, 01:06 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

A Gt3582 for 400hp?

And what do you plan to start out making with that gigantic Comp turbo?
Old 09-24-2015, 06:47 PM

The largest you can fit is a T04S cover. Many companies that utilize Garrett/Turbonetics styled platform go by the compressor cover itself. Which is about a T04S.

Here's an old picture of a T67 on Kooks-style Manifold made for A/C. We had to do so much grinding that the number plate had to be cut in order to fit. The webbing was completely down to where we almost thought that the block was compromised.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Why not? simple you will have a horrible powerband for the street nothing but lag. But to each their own just trying to point you in the right direction
Old 09-24-2015, 07:14 PM

Eventually will be getting Boost By Gear Setup but want to get the car running and tuned on low boost before I go make some changes such as some Pro 1 cams or GSC T1's down the road, 340lhp Fuel Pump, 1600cc Inj, -6an Fuel line from tank to front, Hondata CPR setup. Car is also going RHD down the road after the setup is all set and making 500+hp on pump with AC & PS.

Hoping for close to* @ 12psi
And I'll put $100 on a soccer mom with a Dodge Caravan to out-accelerate you the first 1000 feet with that kind of thinking.

Better yet, on second thought, make it $200.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol
Old 09-25-2015, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan View Post
And I'll put $100 on a soccer mom with a Dodge Caravan to out-accelerate you the first 1000 feet with that kind of thinking.
I mean, I obviously understand what you and everyone else means, but at the same time I think high hp laggy builds are little too harshly trashed on. Now, I'm still new to this and the fastest car I believe I've ever been in was an (s?)4 with 3 people in it.... yeah so I have no idea what it feels like to be fast.

With gearing he'll still get into that power band very quicly, even with ls gears (depending on the speed obviously).
And with going from no torque to like v8 status in a split second would probably give him a good kick in the pants. I dunno, it seems like it could be fun (sometimes)
I understand why wider powerbands are superior, however.
Old 09-25-2015, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Geis View Post
I mean, I obviously understand what you and everyone else means, but at the same time I think high hp laggy builds are little too harshly trashed on. Now, I'm still new to this and the fastest car I believe I've ever been in was an (s?)4 with 3 people in it.... yeah so I have no idea what it feels like to be fast.

With gearing he'll still get into that power band very quicly, even with ls gears (depending on the speed obviously).
And with going from no torque to like v8 status in a split second would probably give him a good kick in the pants. I dunno, it seems like it could be fun (sometimes)
I understand why wider powerbands are superior, however.
It should be scrutinized harshly. They are hard to control, gearing is irrelevant with something that late in the powerband..

This had been known for over 20 years. But young people come into the scene every 5 or so years trying to re-invent the wheel about this phenomenon..only for history to repeat itself..how soon they forget :-(
Old 09-25-2015, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It should be scrutinized harshly. They are hard to control, gearing is irrelevant with something that late in the powerband..

This had been known for over 20 years. But young people come into the scene every 5 or so years trying to re-invent the wheel about this phenomenon..only for history to repeat itself..how soon they forget :-(
I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm merely stating that there is still fun to be had with a not so usable but very powerful powerband

Derek seems to be having fun with it :

Yes I know the car is not a daily and used primarily for roll races
Yes I also see how hard it is to control
Ugh trying to figure out what your going to tell me before you do lol :p
Old 09-25-2015, 08:02 PM

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm merely stating that there is still fun to be had with a not so usable but very powerful powerband

Derek seems to be having fun with it : https://youtu.be/281m52Kz_BI?t=14

Yes I know the car is not a daily and used primarily for roll races
Yes I also see how hard it is to control
Ugh trying to figure out what your going to tell me before you do lol :p
What's fun to Derek wouldn't be fun to me. Plain and simple. you want to do it, be my guest. But the amount of time you would be doing it would not be worth the risk or investment of doing so.

What, you thought I never roll raced at a 140mph? I did it before YouTube even existed. 2 arrests, 7 points and a bunch of fines later.. I grew up and became an adult.. plain and simple.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What's fun to Derek wouldn't be fun to me. Plain and simple. you want to do it, be my guest. But the amount of time you would be doing it would not be worth the risk or investment of doing so.

What, you thought I never roll raced at a 140mph? I did it before YouTube even existed. 2 arrests, 7 points and a bunch of fines later.. I grew up and became an adult.. plain and simple.
I personally don't think roll racing is that cool anyways... i'm canyon carver at heart (though I've had some scary close calls in that too :/)

Wow, i would've never thought you were such a trouble maker back in the day man haha.... even if it didn't really cause people trouble :p

You just really don't seem like the type of guy to do, well, anything like that lol. You're a very interesting man shodan, making me reconsider becoming and engineer again just so I can be smart and cool like you
Plus I'm good at math it's jus boring lol
Old 09-25-2015, 09:19 PM

I personally don't think roll racing is that cool anyways... i'm canyon carver at heart (though I've had some scary close calls in that too :/)

Wow, i would've never thought you were such a trouble maker back in the day man haha.... even if it didn't really cause people trouble :p

You just really don't seem like the type of guy to do, well, anything like that lol. You're a very interesting man shodan, making me reconsider becoming and engineer again just so I can be smart and cool like you
Plus I'm good at math it's jus boring lol
I'm only decent at math because I can derive pretty well. Give me the right calculations to start, and I'll find anything. Otherwise, not that great myself.

As for thinking I didn't do that kind of stuff, well, that's how we become experienced in life... Starting off, doing dumb **** first.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol. I said 400hp @ low boost. & I only had a Comp stage 3 clutch I had from my previous LS turbo build, tried selling it brand new in box for $285 and broke people trying to get it delivered for 250... Smh so I'm going to put it to use and see how it does.
Trust me when my fuel system is up to par & I get a stage 5 clutch I will gladly run 500+ on pump. 600+ e85 with Ac and power steering.

I'm building the car for my liking hence why I'm keeping my integra with the factory options it came with and working around it and not do like everyone else and rip everything out. Yeah maybe one day I'll pull it out and go top mount or I'll buy a junk shell and swap everything over.

I will gladly update people when it's all done. It's been a year of me building it and it's not coming out til next spring. Also the comp 67/72 sold so not a big deal. I had a 3076r before I decided to go a tad bigger with the 3582r. If I upgrade I will be getting a comp 6267. I'm 20 years old btw pretty sure I got a solid setup here and no corners cut. But thanks for all the info 👍🏼

Last edited by nick21; 09-28-2015 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-29-2015, 07:27 PM

Lol. I said 400hp @ low boost. & I only had a Comp stage 3 clutch I had from my previous LS turbo build, tried selling it brand new in box for $285 and broke people trying to get it delivered for 250... Smh so I'm going to put it to use and see how it does.
Trust me when my fuel system is up to par & I get a stage 5 clutch I will gladly run 500+ on pump. 600+ e85 with Ac and power steering.

I'm building the car for my liking hence why I'm keeping my integra with the factory options it came with and working around it and not do like everyone else and rip everything out. Yeah maybe one day I'll pull it out and go top mount or I'll buy a junk shell and swap everything over.

I will gladly update people when it's all done. It's been a year of me building it and it's not coming out til next spring. Also the comp 67/72 sold so not a big deal. I had a 3076r before I decided to go a tad bigger with the 3582r. If I upgrade I will be getting a comp 6267. I'm 20 years old btw pretty sure I got a solid setup here and no corners cut. But thanks for all the info 👍🏼
mmmmkay. Yes. umm. sure. Good luck to you, of course.