Notices

bigger injectors and fuel pump a must?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 04:25 PM
mike93eh

Default bigger injectors and fuel pump a must?

ive got a greddy turbo kit with e-manage boosting 7psi and im using the stock injectors and fuel pump. is it a must to get some dsm 450's and a walbro?

Old 03-15-2005, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: bigger injectors and fuel pump a must? (mike93eh)

Are you using the 310cc injectors with the GReddy kit or the stock 240cc Honda injectors?
Old 03-15-2005, 04:51 PM
mike93eh

Default Re: bigger injectors and fuel pump a must? (Kowalski)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kowalski &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you using the 310cc injectors with the GReddy kit or the stock 240cc Honda injectors?</TD></TR></TABLE>

stock injectors. the d16z6 greddy kit dont come with injectors.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if the emanage is set up to run with stock injectors then it should probably be fine at 7psi..however i would recommend ditching that and going with something better and using larger injectors for maybe 10psi.
Old 03-15-2005, 05:11 PM
mike93eh

Default Re: bigger injectors and fuel pump a must? (SOHC_MShue)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if the emanage is set up to run with stock injectors then it should probably be fine at 7psi..however i would recommend ditching that and going with something better and using larger injectors for maybe 10psi. </TD></TR></TABLE>

well the greddy kit comes stock at 5.5psi. i upped it to 7psi and have no plans to go higher. it didnt come with injectors so im assuming the stock are just fine at 5.5psi, but im at 7psi?

if i do need bigger injectors, would anything need to be done with the e-manage?
Old 03-15-2005, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

PM ricey mcricerton. He is running more than 7psi on a greddy emange with stock injectors. I don't know much about emange, but he should know.
Old 03-15-2005, 05:49 PM

OK, I got the same kit, same engine ...

did you go up to 7psi by moving the nut on the wastegate stick ?? ...that's the cheap way, however you don't know for sure how much psi are you running unless you got some boost gauge

Here is my theory: at the stock 5.5psi that the kit comes set to, our stock injectors are pretty much maxxed. They are only 240 cc. Our engines make like 105WHP stock, with the kit it make like 150 WHP (up to 165 WHP with intercooler and exhaust). So you put like 50% more load on those injectors ... and since those are chosen (I think) to work at about 50% load on normal engine operation (no turbo), at 160WHP those are pretty much maxxed .... So if you go a little higher in boost, you risk ..... !!!

if higher boost, get new injectors ... like if you want to make 200 WHP, that's twice as much as stock 105WHP =&gt; you need twice as big injectors, or RC440 (DSM 450) are gonna be your right choice However, you could put a little smaller size injectors but those would be maxxed like the stock ones with the kit

e-manage can support +150% bigger injectors than stock

the stock fuel pump is fine up to about 200 WHP

hope that helped
Old 03-15-2005, 06:06 PM
mike93eh

Default Re: bigger injectors and fuel pump a must? (miro_gt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by miro_gt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OK, I got the same kit, same engine ...

did you go up to 7psi by moving the nut on the wastegate stick ?? ...that's the cheap way, however you don't know for sure how much psi are you running unless you got some boost gauge

Here is my theory: at the stock 5.5psi that the kit comes set to, our stock injectors are pretty much maxxed. They are only 240 cc. Our engines make like 105WHP stock, with the kit it make like 150 WHP (up to 165 WHP with intercooler and exhaust). So you put like 50% more load on those injectors ... and since those are chosen (I think) to work at about 50% load on normal engine operation (no turbo), at 160WHP those are pretty much maxxed .... So if you go a little higher in boost, you risk ..... !!!

if higher boost, get new injectors ... like if you want to make 200 WHP, that's twice as much as stock 105WHP =&gt; you need twice as big injectors, or RC440 (DSM 450) are gonna be your right choice However, you could put a little smaller size injectors but those would be maxxed like the stock ones with the kit

e-manage can support +150% bigger injectors than stock

the stock fuel pump is fine up to about 200 WHP

hope that helped </TD></TR></TABLE>

yep that helped, so youre saying at 5.5psi, the stock injectors are maxxed, so at 7psi i should consider some dsm 450s? but i dont have to retune the emanage or anything if i get some new injectors?

btw, i use a turbosmart manual boost controller and i have a boost gauge.

EDIT: oh this is on a d15b7, no z6. if it makes any difference.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Get bigger injectors. DSM 450s will work great.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:14 PM
mike93eh

Default Re: bigger injectors and fuel pump a must? (dustin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dustin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get bigger injectors. DSM 450s will work great.</TD></TR></TABLE>

guess i better do some searching because i dont know much about hooking the dsm injectors up, the resistor box, etc.. unless anyone is feeling generous.

what all would i need? injectors, plugs, resistor box?
Old 03-15-2005, 09:02 PM
mike93eh

bump
Old 03-15-2005, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike93eh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

guess i better do some searching because i dont know much about hooking the dsm injectors up, the resistor box, etc.. unless anyone is feeling generous.

what all would i need? injectors, plugs, resistor box?</TD></TR></TABLE>
you will need the injectors and a resistor box or 4 inline resistors..i prefer the resistor box because its cleaner. Your stock obd1 injector clips should work. Search on here for a wiring diagram. You will also need to bore out your stock injector o-rings.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you will need an afc controller for the dsm 450s and the e-manage(blue box) wont do you good...right now i have stock injectors w/ the blue box (sohc) and no problems for the past 2 months...just dont go boost crazy w/ the stock injectors...just once in a while imo and i upgraded to a gsr fuel pump just to be safer and yeah car runs cool but yea I would say that w/ in these threads (archived) you will find a lot of information on what FMU route you want...good luck
Old 03-15-2005, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: bigger injectors and fuel pump a must? (b1ackc1v1c)

i'm pretty sure he isn't talking about the blue box. Emanage is adjustable unlike the old blue box.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:10 PM

Default Re: (mike93eh)

hey man is your greddy kit a non-intercooler one where the charge pipe runs right back around? cuz that's what i have on my d15b7 93 coupe
Old 03-16-2005, 02:41 PM
mike93eh

Default Re: (93civcoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93civcoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey man is your greddy kit a non-intercooler one where the charge pipe runs right back around? cuz that's what i have on my d15b7 93 coupe</TD></TR></TABLE>

it was but i also have the greddy intercooler kit.

e-manage is totally different and better than the blue box.

still wondering if anything needs to be done with the e-manage if i put larger injectors on.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike93eh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

it was but i also have the greddy intercooler kit.

e-manage is totally different and better than the blue box.

still wondering if anything needs to be done with the e-manage if i put larger injectors on.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You think the injectors just might magically work without re-tuning the e-manage?
Old 03-16-2005, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dustin)

you will have to completely retune the car if you upgrade injectors, you will need to adjust the injector trim form within the e-manage. then you will need to fine tune the entire power band, as the 450s will flow differently than stock, so more fuel at idle due to them not wanting to open as fast and less at high rpms.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:00 PM
mike93eh

well then i guess injectors are out of the question. there is no way i can tune it. i know absolutely zero about tuning. and i highly doubt there is anyone in missouri that can tune e-manage. i mean hell i think there are like 2-3 dyno's in the whole state if that tells you anything..

what if i dont get dsm450's and just get some venom injectors. they only flow 10% more over stock. 240 stock, so they would be like 270cc. i mean im just going to be running 7psi. i found a killer deal on some thats why..

Modified by mike93eh at 1:10 AM 3/17/2005
Old 03-16-2005, 04:10 PM
mike93eh

Default Re: (dustin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dustin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You think the injectors just might magically work without re-tuning the e-manage? </TD></TR></TABLE>

well didnt really know or not. dont want to chance anything either. ive had my turbo kit installed for about a week now. before i put it on, i knew absolutely NOTHING about turbos. well i did know that it makes your car faster but thats it. but now i know quite a bit about them thanks to honda-tech and its search button
Old 03-16-2005, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no i wouldn't use the venom injectors..it would be a waste of money and you would still need a retune.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:03 AM

Default Re: (SOHC_MShue)

If you just want to put bigger injectors, those must be configured with the e-manage first (don't know how right now, but I can find out ..)

don't put 270cc ... if you change injectors, go higher from the first time .. or you'll be changing those again later .. BOOST IS ADDICTIVE !!!

- for DSM 450's -&gt; there's info in the FAQ section, read there
- I prefer to use RC 440's -&gt; no resistor box, a direct replacement, but more expensive

I think you may be fine at 7psi with the stock ones, but you're walking on the edge ..

change the injectors first and set them up with e-manage ... Then go up in boost with tuning ... Since you'll go only 1.5psi more you may be OK without retune but don't count on that
Old 03-17-2005, 01:53 PM
mike93eh

damn wish i knew someone that could tune e-manage. there's no way i can do it..
Old 03-17-2005, 05:16 PM

http://www.emanageforums.com/

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/emanage/

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/

See what you can find there ...