Notices

best E cutout for my turbo setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best E cutout for my turbo setup

alright so a few guys on here introduced e cutouts to me. Problem is, i've been trying to get reviews on e cutouts and I keep getting mixed answers. I have found a few different brands, and different types. I want one that will last me long and will not leak. First question is. Do I go manual or electric? And brands I've seen are Jegs, Summit racing, Race ready, Flow tech, Dougs Racing, DMH, QTP, Raceland, Mr. Gasket, Hooker Header, and ebay sells badlandz. Which brand is the best???? My down pipe is a 2.5 ID. Should I get a 2.5 E cutout? or get a 3 inch E cutout? Thanks you guys
Old 08-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: best E cutout for my turbo setup

I've used the summit one and it opens fast and nice. It leaks a little but I dont see how any of them cant. Its inherit in the design.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 88 EF Hatch
alright so a few guys on here introduced e cutouts to me. Problem is, i've been trying to get reviews on e cutouts and I keep getting mixed answers. I have found a few different brands, and different types. I want one that will last me long and will not leak. First question is. Do I go manual or electric? And brands I've seen are Jegs, Summit racing, Race ready, Flow tech, Dougs Racing, DMH, QTP, Raceland, Mr. Gasket, Hooker Header, and ebay sells badlandz. Which brand is the best???? My down pipe is a 2.5 ID. Should I get a 2.5 E cutout? or get a 3 inch E cutout? Thanks you guys
i had a dmh 2.5" for 3 years and now have a dmh 3" for 2 years...no problems here...it opens smooth without issues and knock on wood ive never had any problems...you can open it all the way or part way etc...its nice to go from quiet to i can hear your honda from 3 miles away when its raping 9,000rpms haha
Old 08-12-2011, 06:11 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Icon4 Re: best E cutout for my turbo setup

My next boost project is gonna have a e cut out and what I did was go to the junkyard and found a throttle body 65mm wide with cruise control you can find em on the 2000 tl's or any year I think I found a bunch. I took the whole setup with brackets and mounts for the cruise control. I hooked up a switch to the cruise control and it opens quick and slams shut so theres no leak. And I just welded it to 2 1/2 inch piping havent used it yet but it looks good. I got everything for under a hundred bucks.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

check out the cutouts by sound performance. they open at a set boost pressure. nd theres almost no lag time when they open. nd no electric motor to deal wit or a switch to wrry bout
Old 08-13-2011, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

damn that tl tb sounds like a good idea, what did you get? the TB, and throttle cables? how do you wire up?
Old 08-16-2011, 09:12 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

damn that tl tb sounds like a good idea, what did you get? the TB, and throttle cables? how do you wire up?
Yeah I just followed the cables took it from the fire wall then the cruise control cable I got pics give me ur email
And best part is the cruise conrol motor could be mounted in the cabin so theres no worrying about anything getting wet like on most e setups.
Its a simple wiring. I just found the negative and put a 12v posite to two of the brown wires and it works perfect it opens smoth and slams shut.