Notices

best block to start building out for turbo setup?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best block to start building out for turbo setup?

i hear a lot of people running LS blocks on their turbo setup. would this be a good block to start building up? i have a b16a2 right now.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best block to start building out for turbo setup? (ReggieGrip)

No one block is going to be any better than another if the tuning isn't there. Engine management and tuning is the biggest key to performance and reliability.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ReggieGrip &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i hear a lot of people running LS blocks on their turbo setup. would this be a good block to start building up? i have a b16a2 right now.</TD></TR></TABLE>

use what u have, but if u want to build up the block find the necessary pistons and rods or sleeve it
Old 02-28-2006, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best block to start building out for turbo setup? (XxRoCkMaNxNEOxX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by XxRoCkMaNxNEOxX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">use what u have, but if u want to build up the block find the necessary pistons and rods or sleeve it </TD></TR></TABLE>

i was thinking about just using what i have and sleeving it and all that good stuff, but if it's built right, can it still be a trust-worthy "daily driver"? i was kinda thinking starting on a new block so if that one blew, i had a back-up of sorts.

Also, say i were to sleeve my current block, get all the right pistons, rods, etc. how much boost can the b16a2 handle with the vtec head? it's just that i've heard vtec and turbo don't mix well.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ReggieGrip &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i was thinking about just using what i have and sleeving it and all that good stuff, but if it's built right, can it still be a trust-worthy "daily driver"? i was kinda thinking starting on a new block so if that one blew, i had a back-up of sorts.

Also, say i were to sleeve my current block, get all the right pistons, rods, etc. how much boost can the b16a2 handle with the vtec head? it's just that i've heard vtec and turbo don't mix well. </TD></TR></TABLE>

youve heard wrong. do a little more research on that....
Any block will take pretty much whatever u throw at it as long as its built and tuned correctly. Most parts have a HP, rev limit, or boost rating on them to let u know what kind of abuse they are designed to handle.