Notices

Best advise on how to teardown & clean tial blowoff/wastegate

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best advice on how to teardown & clean tial blowoff/wastegate

Ive started tearing down my motor and I am looking to disassemble my Tial blowoff and wastegate. I checked out Tial's website as far as a how-to on what proper maintenance is but I didnt find anything. Can a person tear these down, inspect all the parts, clean them in a parts cleaner, reassemble, and be good? I wasnt sure of the do's and dont's. Any advise would be appreciated.

Modified by TheWhiteHatchProject at 7:28 PM 3/18/2007
Old 03-18-2007, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best advise on how to teardown & clean tial blowoff/wastegate (TheWhiteHatchProject)

I would advise you to just leave it alone... Just clean them don't dissasemble them!
Old 03-18-2007, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Best advise on how to teardown & clean tial blowoff/wastegate (TheWhiteHatchProject)

i was just concerned with the mechanical parts being checked before they are reinstalled on the freshly built motor.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont take it apart...
Old 03-18-2007, 10:23 AM

Default Re: Best advise on how to teardown & clean tial blowoff/wastegate (Suprdave)

so would a person just want to spray some parts cleaner to remove the carbon deposits or what? i guess i thought going through items like this was just something you did when you rebuilt a motor.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best advice on how to teardown & clean tial blowoff/wastegate (TheWhiteHatchProject)

if its not overboosting keep it rolling until it dissasembles itself..
Old 03-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Has anyone who replied ever had them apart before? These things arent rocket science. How do you think you replace springs?

I wouldnt dismantle the entire thing but I would atleast take the caps off and check the diaphram and make sure its clean. When you put it back together, just put two screws in it loose and make sure you arent pinching them off of you will ruin it.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheWhiteHatchProject &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was just concerned with the mechanical parts being checked before they are reinstalled on the freshly built motor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If your worried about it go buy a pump from a hardware store w/ a 1/8"NPT fitting on it. Screw your boost gauge into the NPT port, put a vacuum line to wastegate (THE SIDE OF THE WASTEGATE) and pump it up! You'll notice the boost gauge going up in positive pressure as you pump it and whatever your spring rate is, will determine when you see the valve open.

If your wastegate/BOV passes this test, the are in great condition. I wouldn't disassemble them either UNLESS the they are leaking which you'll find out when you test the diaphragms

GL!
Old 03-18-2007, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Best advise on how to teardown & clean tial blowoff/wastegate (jDMJeRk)

i have a ssac bov, one day i took it apart and cleaned it out,, it was the best thing ive ever done,i was reall easy. i cleaned up and pretty much reseated the valve. and lubed the valve rod,,i know its not no tial wastegate but i def. does the job
Old 03-18-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Best advise on how to teardown & clean tial blowoff/wastegate (TurbodTegSfaria)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dunn@ITS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Has anyone who replied ever had them apart before? These things arent rocket science. How do you think you replace springs?

I wouldnt dismantle the entire thing but I would atleast take the caps off and check the diaphram and make sure its clean. When you put it back together, just put two screws in it loose and make sure you arent pinching them off of you will ruin it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was told by a reputable source to take a look at it but I wasnt exactly sure what to tear into first. Im mechanically inclined and dont see any issues with putting it back together correctly but from the earlier replies I was beginning to think that I was crazy. Thanks for your input.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Np. There is also a way to test them as listed above which is a good idea if you think its not working properly. If you are just looking to check it over inside I wouldnt worry about it being crazy.