Notices

Been running greddy turbo on a sohc for a few years now. Want more power!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been running greddy turbo on a sohc for a few years now. Want more power!!!

OK so I am not the most up to date guy on turbos and all the engine. I am ready for more POWER

So let me say where I stand. Motor is fully built ith 8-1 compression it isn't sleeved though. The exhaust is 2.5 and I am peicing together the stuff for 3 inch so I can finish it next month. I am also on the lookout for a larger throttle body and intake manifold.

So someone has brought it to my attention that the greddy turbo may not be able to make more power. Is this true??? Also it seems people keep saying you can get higher power without raising boost. Something to do with the amount of air going into the motor. How would I go about this. The computer is programed up to 14psi although it seems setting boost above 8lbs is not doing anything.

The shop garanteed the motor to 300hp. My guess is it's around 200hp. Still plenty fast in the little civic but a bit more would be fun.

So the big question I guess is do I need to replace the turbo? The 3inch exhaust and downpipe and 68-70mm throttle body should be in soon. Are these gonna get me up where I want to be or is a new turbo and possibly intercooler piping in order?

If you guys got someting I should read. I have heard talk of trims and ****. Would be nice to understand it better.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Been running greddy turbo on a sohc for a few years now. Want more power!!! (turboman)

Get a bigger turbo + better manifold, then add some good engine management and larger injectors. That way you can up the boost

I personally would go with a GT2871r and an equal length manifold... that would be a recipe for some power!
Old 04-29-2005, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Been running greddy turbo on a sohc for a few years now. Want more power!!! (EJ1 wilcox)

thanks

already have bigger injectors and hondata so it's just the turbo at this point. Manifold also?

Maybe I should wit to get the exhaust and downpipe since it will probably have to be changed.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Been running greddy turbo on a sohc for a few years now. Want more power!!! (turboman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turboman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks

already have bigger injectors and hondata so it's just the turbo at this point. Manifold also?

Maybe I should wit to get the exhaust and downpipe since it will probably have to be changed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

your not gonna get much, if anything, else worthwhile that will just bolt up in place of the greddy turbo.

your best bet is probably going to be a new manifold/turbo/downpipe..then obvioulsy retuned
Old 04-29-2005, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I say crank up the boost and get it tuned. (18-20psi)

The greddy turbo wont take you very far past 250whp, but the 3" exhaust will help all the way around (about 10whp). It'd be interesting to see how far you can take it. Get to that point and see if you want more, my guess is, you will, but I think you'll have traction issues you'll want to work out first.

Should put you in low 13's on slicks, mid 13's on street tires if you can hook up. Oh and excellent daily drivability.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Unsivil_audio)

Is this a better turbo??? If so I may order it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...&rd=1

sorry if I seem retarded I just don't know turbo sizes.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:36 PM

Thats still a small turbo and does turbo suck!!!!
Old 05-01-2005, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (booscivic)

stay away from that ****, i have herd terrible stories about all those turbos on ebay. i have a great hook up on ebay if you need one. just let me know