Notices

Bee14's Turbocharger Takeover of a 7yr-old Thread: Going from NA to Turbocharging

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bee14's Turbocharger Takeover of a 7yr-old Thread: Going from NA to Turbocharging

I have been out of the honda game a good while just about to get back into it i was wondering what would be the best turbo setup on a stock gsr motor?
Old 01-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default re: Bee14's Turbocharger Takeover of a 7yr-old Thread: Going from NA to Turbocharging

Wow no help
Old 01-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default re: Bee14's Turbocharger Takeover of a 7yr-old Thread: Going from NA to Turbocharging

search man... plenty of setups around.. basic setups are working best.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

well the best setup for a stock gsr motor could be endless, and cost even more. the best setup for your goal horsepower on the other hand is a different story.

how much power do you want to make? and what's your budget?
Old 03-02-2017, 07:21 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by civicjunkie17
well the best setup for a stock gsr motor could be endless, and cost even more. the best setup for your goal horsepower on the other hand is a different story.

how much power do you want to make? and what's your budget?
I know this is a old thread but oh well, I have a 94 integra gsr it currently has skun2 intake manifold, DC 4-2-1 headers, skunk2 mega power exhaust, skunk2 68mm throttle body, password whale ***** intake. Aftermarket radiator can't think of the brand right now, and carbon fiber hood installed. I also have some things coming in the mail a aem fuel rail, 650cc injectors, aem fuel pump and hondata. looking to run a small turbo on stock internals I want around 280whp. My question is with a good tune how reliable will this set up be?
Also the engine has 180k miles on it but runs great no compression issues or anything aside from the weird idle that just started but I think that problem lies with my iacv or fitv gonna clean both and see if that fixes the problem. Would you trust putting a turbo on a engine with this many miles? Or should I just invest in a engine rebuild and hold off on a turbo. I'm new to the Honda game but am loving it so far all I want now is more power!
Old 03-02-2017, 10:21 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Beez14
I aem fuel rail, 650cc injectors, aem fuel pump and hondata - Fuel rail isn't necessary. Injectors are big enough for your goals. Is that AEM pump a 255lph? Hondata will work well.

looking to run a small turbo on stock internals I want around 280whp. My question is with a good tune how reliable will this set up be? - Low 300s on a stock GSR is fairly simple. The longevity of the setup depends on a few factors - quality parts that were correctly installed, proper tuning, and regular maintenance. I made 315whp on a stock block DD GSR in 2007 and that was on crappy 91 octane. It lasted over 2 years before I decided to build it and make more power with the setup.

Also the engine has 180k miles on it but runs great no compression issues or anything aside from the weird idle that just started but I think that problem lies with my iacv or fitv gonna clean both and see if that fixes the problem. Would you trust putting a turbo on a engine with this many miles? Or should I just invest in a engine rebuild and hold off on a turbo. - If the engine is in good health, boost it. You could save for an engine build or a simple refresh (gaskets, bearings, rings, hone, oil/h2o pump, etc), but that depends on your timeline. Again, if it has good compression and seems to be in good shape overall, i'd boost it.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:39 PM
Trial User

Default Re: boost setup

thanks for the response! I think I am going to order the turbo kit next week! Now to find a good tuner in michigan. Haven't had luck finding any honda tuners out here so far.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:58 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Bee14's Turbocharger Takeover of a 7yr-old Thread: Going from NA to Turbocharging

Horsepower Techs of Clinton Twp if youre in the S.E. part of the state..Make sure you specifically ask for Jared, and not Andy

BTW ,make sure you know what you're getting in the "kit." one size fits all is a falacywhen it comes to turbocharging.