Notices

Bare minumum for turbo install???

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bare minumum for turbo install???

I need to know what the bare minumum parts are to install a turbo. I have to get my exhaust done this week due to a "no muffler" ticket I got. I am getting from the downpipe back for a good deal as long as I have the turbo and dp on the car when it goes in for the exhaust.

Can I run the turbo on the car (as long as I don't beat on it) without all the usual stuff? i.e. no intercooler, injectors, or chipped ecu? I will put these all on in the next few weeks as I get more money to get them. I just have the HF mani, turbo with oil/coolant lines, charge pipes, and a bov.

Basically, If I do this will it wreck the engine? What problems will arise from doing this? Thanks
Old 12-06-2004, 03:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Bare minumum for turbo install??? (thumbtack)

You should not install the turbo thinking "I will not boost", because you will. At a bare minimum, you need the hardware and some sort of fuel management. The hack with injectors, the TPS and MAP hack with injectors, the TPS hack and the hack with injectors, an EIC, or even an FMU. All are ways of adding more fuel, although actually tuning for safety is difficult with each of these methods.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:30 PM

oh my god dude that is so rediculous. just have them weld your muffler on for like $20.
and in addition you would have to pay someone to rebend your pipes to go straight from the turbo to the intake manifold.... and then rebend them when you want to put your intercooler on.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:36 PM

Just wait and do it right the first time. Right now your saying you wont boost, but once you're pushed back into the seat and that smile comes across your face you wont be able to stop wayyy to addicting
Old 12-06-2004, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Bare minumum for turbo install??? (donkiman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by donkiman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh my god dude that is so rediculous. just have them weld your muffler on for like $20. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I am having new pipe run from the front to the back, not just a $20 muffler job, and where do you get a muffler put on for 20$... the muffler alone is $100 pipe is about 150 and then labor for the install... so I would like to see that dropped back to 20$... thanks for a worthless reply.

I asked if it is possible to run a turbo on the car without causing serious damage without upgrading fuel management and injectors.... That is all I need to know... I will worry about wether or not "I won't boost"

Thanks
Old 12-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bare minumum for turbo install??? (Slammd Sol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slammd Sol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just wait and do it right the first time. Right now your saying you wont boost, but once you're pushed back into the seat and that smile comes across your face you wont be able to stop wayyy to addicting </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 12-06-2004, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Bare minumum for turbo install??? (climaxpinoy)

sure, try it, let us know what happens..
Old 12-06-2004, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bare minumum for turbo install??? (boosted420a)

all you have to do is run the oil line to the turbo and not connect it to the TB. just let the turbo blow under the hood so you wont be able to boost even if you wanted to .
Old 12-06-2004, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bare minumum for turbo install??? (Deckedlude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Deckedlude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">all you have to do is run the oil line to the turbo and not connect it to the TB. just let the turbo blow under the hood so you wont be able to boost even if you wanted to . </TD></TR></TABLE>

The turbo will "over spin" for the lack of a better word. Please don't do this, just leave the wastegate spring out.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Bare minumum for turbo install??? (Deckedlude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Deckedlude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">all you have to do is run the oil line to the turbo and not connect it to the TB. just let the turbo blow under the hood so you wont be able to boost even if you wanted to . </TD></TR></TABLE>
not a good idea