Notices

b20Vtec 11:1-11.5:1 W/ JRSC stock >sleeved css sleeveD *REAL INPUT NEEDED*

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default b20Vtec 11:1-11.5:1 W/ JRSC stock >sleeved css sleeveD *REAL INPUT NEEDED*

so i wanted to do something different STILL WORK IN PROGRESS so itll be a very slow update
but i literally collected like 80% essentially on low side of the stuff

Head:
b16 head
GE cam gears or fidenza either or i got both lol
Sknk2 Pro2 cams (read with a 2.0 i will make AVG 220-245whp/140-160TQ (3inch exhaust ofc)
I just need to buy Supertech 85LB valve springs
K stock retainers i hear they fit im sure i can find stock K retainers for cheap anyways (are all K series retainers same? or i must get the k20a2 only?)
I replaced Valve stem seals only, need to do LMA's just for ease of mind
gotta find someone to port for fair price and professional you know what they say u cant take back what u ported (excluding alL CNC works)
RC550 S300
stock ports (hopefully i can find someone who can port for fair price)

JRSC kit BRAND NEW just sitting for 5-8 YEARS $600 only missing FMU kit but i am going RC550 W/ S300 ecu anyway so i didnt need it (right? still lost on that part)
i just need to buy belts i was gonna do B20V css turboed but came across this JRSC deal and i just had to

Block:
ycp pistons 84.5
*just need to get them resized the shop quoted me about $200 to do is that fair?* (to resize + install arp)stock rods w/ arp rod bolts REVING To 9k MAX all day (on friday/sat/sunday)
HONDA OEM EVERYTHING ELSE bearings everything! oil pump bla bla bla) i literally got all main parts oil pan oil pump TBWP HG honda everything for deaL! only thing i didnt buy is the bearings but thats once its assembled / assembler order the right parts
i may just DO stock sleeved and hope richtune can tune it good bc my engine assembly guy is some old honda-technition that quit being one of hondas master tech and did solely rebuilding engines for people in his garage for a living now
Then when it breaks ill CSS it. i do need know no whats max bore size CSS'd so that way i can figure it out once it breaks down bc i wanna bore this bitch out very far if i can! ill call them eventually
i just hope richtune can tune it well thatll last me 100-200k miles with oem everything and even a OEM honda guy to assemble my engine lol

anyway i i will start taking pictures once i assemble the block or get it pictured
everything is SCATTERED all over my garage which i need to clean up FRFR! once the machine is up and running ill be organizing everything i can lol.

essentially im just a weekend warrior like sunday/monday night "little mexico track night"
i essentially see myself spending 1000-1300 with tuning and i can see it needing give or take a band before tuning anyway.

Last edited by KiNGDEE206; 07-31-2017 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 442 Likes on 384 Posts
Default Re: b20Vtec 11:1-11.5:1 W/ JRSC stock >sleeved css sleeveD *REAL INPUT NEEDED*

Originally Posted by KiNGDEE206
everything is SCATTERED all over my garage which i need to clean up FRFR!
Just like this post... Jesus christ man.

Most people consider 85mm to be the max "safe" bore to go on a sleeved B series for regular driving. 86mm can be done but the walls will be thin enough to potentially start to oval out, would not be ideal for longevity. I'd advise you to actually look at a displacement calculator as well to decide whether that extra millimeters worth of difference is worth it to you, they won't carry you very far.

You'll need a block girdle to rev the B20 to 9K safely in addition to the rod bolts. I wouldn't trust the stock rods either at that RPM, especially with added juice behind it.

Builds like this have been done many times before. Check the official JRSC chat thread. You have a lot more reading and research to do on this.
Old 07-31-2017, 01:33 PM
Premium Member

Received 163 Likes on 150 Posts
Default Re: b20Vtec 11:1-11.5:1 W/ JRSC stock >sleeved css sleeveD *REAL INPUT NEEDED*

Even with CSS it wouldn't be wise to go 1mm over on stock sleeves with boost if you want any degree of reliability or longevity. The stock sleeves get considerably weaker when removing material and the increased cylinder pressures that come with power adders will only exacerbate this weakness. The most I would recommend going over would be .5mm to clean the bore up, make sure everything was perfectly round and that it has a good hone.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Aradin
Even with CSS it wouldn't be wise to go 1mm over on stock sleeves with boost if you want any degree of reliability or longevity. The stock sleeves get considerably weaker when removing material and the increased cylinder pressures that come with power adders will only exacerbate this weakness. The most I would recommend going over would be .5mm to clean the bore up, make sure everything was perfectly round and that it has a good hone.

+1 really not much gain on 1mm kinda pointless I would stay safe at 83mm-84 mm to push it myself. currently at 81.5 and loving it if I have issues I just rebore
Old 08-01-2017, 04:55 AM
No Jodas

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I went 84.5 just to clean up the walls and leave me wiggle room for a rebuild in the future.